Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 312
  1. #91
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    6,177
    Total Rep Points
    10726
    Rep Adjustment Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Dude knows what he is and wants to win at all costs.
    Given his fear of contact and post-game puss-outs, you actually believe this?
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  2. #92
    Senior Member franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    13,066
    Total Rep Points
    31221
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Given his fear of contact and post-game puss-outs, you actually believe this?
    Does he avoid contact because he's not some fealess warrior or because he thinks his footwork makes him more efficient?
    No Mediocrity

  3.  

     

  4. #93
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,751
    Total Rep Points
    37579
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Be honest though. I know you don't think they're a .8333 team without him. Do you really think the Jazz are better than a .500 team with AJ on the bench?

    I predict 35 or less wins this season without Big Al. What does everyone else think?
    I dont know if they would be better or worse without big al.... i tend to think they would be a little worse, im with naos at about 44 wins.

    What i do know is that they are 5-1 without him and that last nights game was more fun to watch than any other this season (for me at least).

    Did you enjoy last nights game frank? Or were you just wishing al was out there the whole time?

    Do you think we win by 30+ pts if al played last night?

  5. #94
    His Premiumness Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    3,733
    Total Rep Points
    7744
    Rep Adjustment Power
    41
    It takes time for players to develop into consistently productive full-time players. So of course the Jazz would be worse off without Al in the short term. But as Favors and Kanter get accustomed to the bigger roles, and Millsap becomes more aggressive offensively, the Jazz should start getting better results. I'd say the Jazz would recover within the season. The Al proponents should keep something in mind, we're not talking about Lebron here. We're talking about a guy who can give you 18 ppg with poor defense. Favors, as raw as he is, can probably do 12 ppg with Al's minutes right away. How important are those 6 points, really? The fact that Al needs to go is very clear.

  6. #95
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,735
    Total Rep Points
    14596
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    It takes time for players to develop into consistently productive full-time players. So of course the Jazz would be worse off without Al in the short term. But as Favors and Kanter get accustomed to the bigger roles, and Millsap becomes more aggressive offensively, the Jazz should start getting better results. I'd say the Jazz would recover within the season. The Al proponents should keep something in mind, we're not talking about Lebron here. We're talking about a guy who can give you 18 ppg with poor defense. Favors, as raw as he is, can probably do 12 ppg with Al's minutes right away. How important are those 6 points, really? The fact that Al needs to go is very clear.
    Favors also turns the ball over way more than Jeffersons does per possession, so take that into account also.

  7. #96
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,751
    Total Rep Points
    37579
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Favors also turns the ball over way more than Jeffersons does per possession, so take that into account also.
    True... and we could play that game all day...

    Favors also alter more shots than al, and defends the pick and roll better, and goes to the line more often, and puts the other team in foul trouble better.

    Jefferson passes better than favors, jefferson seems like the better teammate (as far as cheerleading and giving advice, pats on the butt etc etc.)

    They both have good things and bad things.... The question asked was how much worse would the jazz be without Al in your opinion cyrone?

  8. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    256
    Total Rep Points
    666
    Rep Adjustment Power
    14
    you guys are nuts to think we would be worse without Jefferson.In fact thats exactly what this team needs .Al is good but we give up so many points, that is the reason we cant win on the road,we stink on defense.Our offense is a stand around ymca offense that barely beats bad teams only because Jeffie is gifted on the offensive end.If we are serious about the better plan for this team,Jeffie is not and never has been the answer.this team would easily be better without him.Jeffie seen how much we didnt need him last night and thats why he is getting back on the court before Corbin accidently figures it out that we dont need him.

  9. #98
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,735
    Total Rep Points
    14596
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    True... and we could play that game all day...

    Favors also alter more shots than al, and defends the pick and roll better, and goes to the line more often, and puts the other team in foul trouble better.

    Jefferson passes better than favors, jefferson seems like the better teammate (as far as cheerleading and giving advice, pats on the butt etc etc.)

    They both have good things and bad things.... The question asked was how much worse would the jazz be without Al in your opinion cyrone?
    Hard to say. I would think at least 8 games worse.

  10. #99
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,751
    Total Rep Points
    37579
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Hard to say. I would think at least 8 games worse.

    Good answer. And probably about right.

  11. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Total Rep Points
    4567
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    If we were to get a good PG for Al, then we are better immediately. This team would fight for home court this year.

  12. #101
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,751
    Total Rep Points
    37579
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpin bean View Post
    you guys are nuts to think we would be worse without Jefferson.In fact thats exactly what this team needs .Al is good but we give up so many points, that is the reason we cant win on the road,we stink on defense.Our offense is a stand around ymca offense that barely beats bad teams only because Jeffie is gifted on the offensive end.If we are serious about the better plan for this team,Jeffie is not and never has been the answer.this team would easily be better without him.Jeffie seen how much we didnt need him last night and thats why he is getting back on the court before Corbin accidently figures it out that we dont need him.

    I think like siromar said, we would be better without him eventually, but i do believe that we would see a drop off in the short term.

    IMO this year should be a year that the jazz build and develop the future of the team because we are not going to be special this year.

  13. #102
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    6,177
    Total Rep Points
    10726
    Rep Adjustment Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Does he avoid contact because he's not some fealess warrior or because he thinks his footwork makes him more efficient?
    Since he doesn't always spin away from the basket/contact, I'd guess it's because he's not a fearless warrior.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  14. #103
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,735
    Total Rep Points
    14596
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    If we were to get a good PG for Al, then we are better immediately. This team would fight for home court this year.
    I doubt we could get anyone better than Mo Williams for Al Jefferson.

    Kind of the bad thing about this team. It seems like most trades we could make would only be lateral moves. Seems like it might just be better to let everyone expire and try to get a big name in FA.

  15. #104
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,751
    Total Rep Points
    37579
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I doubt we could get anyone better than Mo Williams for Al Jefferson.

    Kind of the bad thing about this team. It seems like most trades we could make would only be lateral moves. Seems like it might just be better to let everyone expire and try to get a big name in FA.
    I agree.... i think that we should let him expire as well and in the meantime decrease his minutes somewhat and increase the youngs bigs minutes somewhat.

  16. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Total Rep Points
    4567
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I doubt we could get anyone better than Mo Williams for Al Jefferson.

    Kind of the bad thing about this team. It seems like most trades we could make would only be lateral moves. Seems like it might just be better to let everyone expire and try to get a big name in FA.
    Another PG the quality of Mo would be awesome. I'd stand by my previous statement with two Mos and zero Als.... especially if the second Mo had the first Mo's heart and leadership.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •