Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Dude knows what he is and wants to win at all costs.
    Given his fear of contact and post-game puss-outs, you actually believe this?
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Given his fear of contact and post-game puss-outs, you actually believe this?
    Does he avoid contact because he's not some fealess warrior or because he thinks his footwork makes him more efficient?
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Be honest though. I know you don't think they're a .8333 team without him. Do you really think the Jazz are better than a .500 team with AJ on the bench?

I predict 35 or less wins this season without Big Al. What does everyone else think?
    I dont know if they would be better or worse without big al.... i tend to think they would be a little worse, im with naos at about 44 wins.

What i do know is that they are 5-1 without him and that last nights game was more fun to watch than any other this season (for me at least).

Did you enjoy last nights game frank? Or were you just wishing al was out there the whole time?

Do you think we win by 30+ pts if al played last night?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It takes time for players to develop into consistently productive full-time players. So of course the Jazz would be worse off without Al in the short term. But as Favors and Kanter get accustomed to the bigger roles, and Millsap becomes more aggressive offensively, the Jazz should start getting better results. I'd say the Jazz would recover within the season. The Al proponents should keep something in mind, we're not talking about Lebron here. We're talking about a guy who can give you 18 ppg with poor defense. Favors, as raw as he is, can probably do 12 ppg with Al's minutes right away. How important are those 6 points, really? The fact that Al needs to go is very clear.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    It takes time for players to develop into consistently productive full-time players. So of course the Jazz would be worse off without Al in the short term. But as Favors and Kanter get accustomed to the bigger roles, and Millsap becomes more aggressive offensively, the Jazz should start getting better results. I'd say the Jazz would recover within the season. The Al proponents should keep something in mind, we're not talking about Lebron here. We're talking about a guy who can give you 18 ppg with poor defense. Favors, as raw as he is, can probably do 12 ppg with Al's minutes right away. How important are those 6 points, really? The fact that Al needs to go is very clear.
    Favors also turns the ball over way more than Jeffersons does per possession, so take that into account also.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Favors also turns the ball over way more than Jeffersons does per possession, so take that into account also.
    True... and we could play that game all day...

Favors also alter more shots than al, and defends the pick and roll better, and goes to the line more often, and puts the other team in foul trouble better.

Jefferson passes better than favors, jefferson seems like the better teammate (as far as cheerleading and giving advice, pats on the butt etc etc.)

They both have good things and bad things.... The question asked was how much worse would the jazz be without Al in your opinion cyrone?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    you guys are nuts to think we would be worse without Jefferson.In fact thats exactly what this team needs .Al is good but we give up so many points, that is the reason we cant win on the road,we stink on defense.Our offense is a stand around ymca offense that barely beats bad teams only because Jeffie is gifted on the offensive end.If we are serious about the better plan for this team,Jeffie is not and never has been the answer.this team would easily be better without him.Jeffie seen how much we didnt need him last night and thats why he is getting back on the court before Corbin accidently figures it out that we dont need him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    True... and we could play that game all day...

Favors also alter more shots than al, and defends the pick and roll better, and goes to the line more often, and puts the other team in foul trouble better.

Jefferson passes better than favors, jefferson seems like the better teammate (as far as cheerleading and giving advice, pats on the butt etc etc.)

They both have good things and bad things.... The question asked was how much worse would the jazz be without Al in your opinion cyrone?
    Hard to say. I would think at least 8 games worse.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hard to say. I would think at least 8 games worse.

Good answer. And probably about right.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If we were to get a good PG for Al, then we are better immediately. This team would fight for home court this year.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpin bean View Post
    you guys are nuts to think we would be worse without Jefferson.In fact thats exactly what this team needs .Al is good but we give up so many points, that is the reason we cant win on the road,we stink on defense.Our offense is a stand around ymca offense that barely beats bad teams only because Jeffie is gifted on the offensive end.If we are serious about the better plan for this team,Jeffie is not and never has been the answer.this team would easily be better without him.Jeffie seen how much we didnt need him last night and thats why he is getting back on the court before Corbin accidently figures it out that we dont need him.

I think like siromar said, we would be better without him eventually, but i do believe that we would see a drop off in the short term.

IMO this year should be a year that the jazz build and develop the future of the team because we are not going to be special this year.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Does he avoid contact because he's not some fealess warrior or because he thinks his footwork makes him more efficient?
    Since he doesn't always spin away from the basket/contact, I'd guess it's because he's not a fearless warrior.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    If we were to get a good PG for Al, then we are better immediately. This team would fight for home court this year.
    I doubt we could get anyone better than Mo Williams for Al Jefferson.

Kind of the bad thing about this team. It seems like most trades we could make would only be lateral moves. Seems like it might just be better to let everyone expire and try to get a big name in FA.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Kind of the bad thing about this team. It seems like most trades we could make would only be lateral moves. Seems like it might just be better to let everyone expire and try to get a big name in FA.
    I agree.... i think that we should let him expire as well and in the meantime decrease his minutes somewhat and increase the youngs bigs minutes somewhat.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Another PG the quality of Mo would be awesome. I'd stand by my previous statement with two Mos and zero Als.... especially if the second Mo had the first Mo's heart and leadership.