Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Another PG the quality of Mo would be awesome. I'd stand by my previous statement with two Mos and zero Als.... especially if the second Mo had the first Mo's heart and leadership.
    Seems like it could be trouble, because you would just have another logjam situation where you have two players who think they should be starters. It would be awesome to get someone like Ramon Sessions, or maybe a Calderon, who are currently backups.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Seems like it could be trouble, because you would just have another logjam situation where you have two players who think they should be starters. It would be awesome to get someone like Ramon Sessions, or maybe a Calderon, who are currently backups.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    If Jefferson created contact when he gets someone in the air then I believe that he would be a 25 ppg player. The Jazz would win about 2 more games a year with that increase.

I still want him gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    What, we couldn't move Foye to the bench and start them both IF that happened to be a problem? It isn't like Mo hasn't played plenty of minutes at the two. Having more playmakers out there would be a big plus.

Just get the best PG possible.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    What, we couldn't move Foye to the bench and start them both IF that happened to be a problem? It isn't like Mo hasn't played plenty of minutes at the two. Having more playmakers out there would be a big plus.

Just get the best PG possible.
    I don't see Sessions and Calderon both starting on any team in the NBA, not to mention the Jazz.
    Plus Sessions is an LA reject, so yeah let's make that move?
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Kanter went 18 points on 16 shots with only 8 rebounds in 35 minutes and ZERO assists.
    so tell me brother.
    if big al gets that line. people are happy.

difference is kanter defense makes up for lack of assist/lack of rebounds/points
    i'd take kanter 18-8 with 0 assist
    over big al 23 points 12 rebounds 2 assist or whatever
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    We had over 50 points in the paint homey.

Outside shots fall alot better when the ball moves, making those outside shots wide open instead of contested forced outside shots at the end of shot clocks.
    also these where quality spurs like 3's
    feet set.
    wide open.
    spot up.
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    It was the 4-16 Raptors, folks. The Raptors.
    the same raptors that almost beat the jazz.
    it took a miracle 3 from fat al
    and 3 overtimes to beat them
    01-21-2013

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Toronto's defense sucks ass so bad it can't even be compared to the Washington Wizards. Preach on about how blind we are though.
    and yet the defense took jazz to 3 overtimes?
    01-21-2013

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    "Al Jefferson and Derrick Favors will both practice today. Game-time decisions Sunday at Lakers."

Yay! Big Al is going to play!!
    i seriously hoipe al misses that game and favors plays

if favors is 75-80% of his healthy self.
    kanter/sap and favors play around 30 minutes each

i garantee a win.
    01-21-2013

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    It takes time for players to develop into consistently productive full-time players. So of course the Jazz would be worse off without Al in the short term. But as Favors and Kanter get accustomed to the bigger roles, and Millsap becomes more aggressive offensively, the Jazz should start getting better results. I'd say the Jazz would recover within the season. The Al proponents should keep something in mind, we're not talking about Lebron here. We're talking about a guy who can give you 18 ppg with poor defense. Favors, as raw as he is, can probably do 12 ppg with Al's minutes right away. How important are those 6 points, really? The fact that Al needs to go is very clear.
    favors defense compared to al's defense would make up for those 6 points
    01-21-2013

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    i seriously hoipe al misses that game and favors plays

if favors is 75-80% of his healthy self.
    kanter/sap and favors play around 30 minutes each

i garantee a win.
    If Favors is 75-80% healthy I would be super pissed with the organization if they let him play. He needs to be a 100% before he plays with his problem. There is 0% reason to play him before he is all the way healed.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncster View Post
    If Favors is 75-80% healthy I would be super pissed with the organization if they let him play. He needs to be a 100% before he plays with his problem. There is 0% reason to play him before he is all the way healed.
    sorry what i actually mean.
    is healthy.
    but like when you come back from injury you ar enot in game shape.
    not in top shape.
    some rust etc.
    so 75-80% of his ussual game/skill.

dont know how to exactly say it in english
    01-21-2013

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    sorry what i actually mean.
    is healthy.
    but like when you come back from injury you ar enot in game shape.
    not in top shape.
    some rust etc.
    so 75-80% of his ussual game/skill.

dont know how to exactly say it in english

That makes sense then.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    The t-wolves got better after getting rid of big al. (and drafting kevin love.)
    Actually they drafted OJ Mayo and traded him for Love, and had Love and AJ on the roster together for two seasons. They were both on the team when Jefferson tore his ACL in the 08-09 season, at the time they were 17-33 (0.340), but went 7-25 (0.218) over the rest of the season. So the T-pups weren't actually better without Big Al.

The next season, with AJ back from injury but not playing as well as before (he was averaging 23 and 11 before his injury, numbers he hasn't approached since), they went 15-67. Then the T-pups decided they couldn't have both AJ and Love on the same team. They wanted more court-time for the younger player, so basically gave away Al. The result was a 17-65 season, not a big difference. It wasn't until Rubio arrived the next season their record improved - their record was 21-20 when he injured his knee, and they fizzled to end up 26-40. Hmmm, they wanted to find court-time for a young big, but they really needed an elite passing PG to become a better team... something familiar about this story.

[As an aside: Kurt Rambis coached them to their 15-67 and 17-65 seasons, an overall 0.195 winning percentage. Adelman came in the next season but in games without Rubio, they went 5-20, a 0.200 winning percentage. So changing coaches made less difference to their record than adding Rubio.]
    You've always had a place to watch, now you have a place to ROOT!