Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 312
  1. #226
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,828
    Total Rep Points
    37908
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    So these guys are all cutting more when Sap, Favors, or Kanter gets the ball in the same situation? I must be missing those games.
    I guess you missed the toronto and laker games.

    There did seem to be more cutting in those 2 games. One of them al was out and the other one al was not the focus of the offense.

  2. #227
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,828
    Total Rep Points
    37908
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Well there's a reason that low post play is what I bring up, this is the possession in which Al holds onto the ball. The design is exactly where all the black hole talk comes from. Which was true his first year here. Not anymore.

    You're not an idiot NAOS. You know I'm not comparing player abilities but rather execution of the same play with different personnel. You also know that is a designed "play". Putting quotation marks around the word does not make it into a myth. That's not streetball Al is playing. You know perfectly well he is doing what he is being coached to do. All the obfuscation by you in here is simply to deflect the premise I made rather than respond to it. It's sad really. Let it go, man.
    Fine brownnotes, you are right it is the same play.
    However the play sucks when it ran through al, and it is awesome when ran through karl malone...... Does that clear things up?

    Therefore it seems that the "play" isn't the problem... its the player that is executing the play.

  3. #228
    Senior Member Brown Notes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,367
    Total Rep Points
    1333
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I guess you missed the toronto and laker games.

    There did seem to be more cutting in those 2 games. One of them al was out and the other one al was not the focus of the offense.
    You mean moving more in general, not when a big man is holding the ball on the low block. Hence the question. Another way to look at is what happens when Al touches the ball in another spot. Everywhere else, the ball is designed to keep moving and it does, unless it's late in the clock or he's got an easy uncontested shot.

    You're really close, Fish. What needs to happen is to use that low block possession less in order to get the other players more involved. Kanter doesn't do that over and over and over again like Al does because Corbin isn't leaning on him to win the game by himself. Sap becomes the hub of the offense if Al is limited or out, and Sap is more of a high post player (and much more versatile overall).
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

  4. #229
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    46,912
    Total Rep Points
    48181
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Someone wrote something about some of the Lakers players having season highs, etc.. anyone know where that post is? (specifically)
    #dumptruckin

  5. #230
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    108
    Total Rep Points
    20
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    There needs to be more rotation on offense. Big Al just doesnt have the endurance, and speed to do that, not to mention passing ability. The problem with AL is that he is good at scoring against 90% of the teams, but when he goes up against the top 5 teams with huge centers that are talented, he is useless. Al is a great center, but Kanter and Favors are more balanced and better because they defend, and can run the floor much better. Guess what happens when you run the floor? Players like Hawyard, Favors get open, and the other team gets tired. Last nights Utah looked alot like OKC, it was incredible.

  6. #231
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    98
    Total Rep Points
    47
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d7lfv8u

    I'm thinking we could still score enough after this trade, especially given the ball movement that has been on display lately. Of course, this only works if Favors is ready to play. I'm thinking Milwaukee owes a first to CLE and SAC. I'm flexible with the Jazz sending out the GST pick if that's what it takes. Would be nice to get a 2nd (like 31-35) from CLE or SAC though if that's the case.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

  7. #232
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    2,447
    Total Rep Points
    1784
    Rep Adjustment Power
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Med_Phys View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d7lfv8u

    I'm thinking we could still score enough after this trade, especially given the ball movement that has been on display lately. Of course, this only works if Favors is ready to play. I'm thinking Milwaukee owes a first to CLE and SAC. I'm flexible with the Jazz sending out the GST pick if that's what it takes. Would be nice to get a 2nd (like 31-35) from CLE or SAC though if that's the case.
    That is a crazy trade. While I like Cousins and Robinson's talent I don't think it makes sense to trade Millsap and Jefferson. Also Sacramento doesn't really need another gunner guard in Monta Ellis to go with Brooks, Jimmer, Thornton and Tyreke. So that is really creative but I don't think Sacramento is gonig to send out Cousins without an very good young big coming back.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
    Just like everyone else.
    -Margaret Mead

  8.  

     

  9. #233
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    98
    Total Rep Points
    47
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    With a lot of talk about the Kings being sold, I thought that this trade really clears their books for a future owner. Ellis would likely opt-out. Sac gets a young C, a 1st and lots of cap space. They still have Hayes and some other longer term contracts, but nothing terrible.

    I thought Robinson would be a cheap, long term replacement to Millsap, although I wouldn't move him if we couldn't get Cousins. I would also be open to the Jazz taking on another longer (2-3 year) contract at 4-7/year if it meant a trade that nets them young bigs like Cousins/Robinson.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

  10. #234
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,781
    Total Rep Points
    4567
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    That trade would have to break some kind of record. Sac would need plenty of picks from all parties and would want to be rid of all bad contracts since this would begin a total reboot.

  11. #235
    Senior Member LunaticWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,090
    Total Rep Points
    489
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Tell me how many times Slow Al has done that. You count them using the fingers of one hand.
    You're funny. That's why he averages more than double the assists of Enes and Favors per 36, right?
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

  12. #236
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,828
    Total Rep Points
    37908
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    You're funny. That's why he averages more than double the assists of Enes and Favors per 36, right?
    In his defense, the post you quoted never said anything about enes or favors being great passers so whats is your point?

    Big AL is a crappy passer but he is better than 2 guys under 20 years old who are more known for defense and rebounding who have never averaged more than 25 pts per game? Hooray!

  13. #237
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,375
    Total Rep Points
    4257
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    You're funny. That's why he averages more than double the assists of Enes and Favors per 36, right?
    but he has the ball in his hands about 10 times as much
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

  14. #238
    Senior Member LunaticWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,090
    Total Rep Points
    489
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    In his defense, the post you quoted never said anything about enes or favors being great passers so whats is your point?

    Big AL is a crappy passer but he is better than 2 guys under 20 years old who are more known for defense and rebounding who have never averaged more than 25 pts per game? Hooray!
    He's claiming that the Jazz offense flows better without Al. We are replacing Al with Favors/Kanter. Neither pass as much as he does.

    It gets stagnant when the wings give up and refuse to cut. Not because Al has the ball in the post. 2 assists per game for a C is pretty damn good. Boozer hit in at 3, which was top of the league when he was here. Malone was insane at 4, that is part of the reason he was a ONE OF A KIND player, so you can't expect Jefferson or anyone else ti hit that mark.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

  15. #239
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,828
    Total Rep Points
    37908
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    He's claiming that the Jazz offense flows better without Al. We are replacing Al with Favors/Kanter. Neither pass as much as he does.

    It gets stagnant when the wings give up and refuse to cut. Not because Al has the ball in the post. 2 assists per game for a C is pretty damn good. Boozer hit in at 3, which was top of the league when he was here. Malone was insane at 4, that is part of the reason he was a ONE OF A KIND player, so you can't expect Jefferson or anyone else ti hit that mark.
    But replacing al with favors/kanter means we throw the ball into the post less.... so while kanter/favors dont pass better than big al or get more assists than big al, the rest of the team passes the ball around more and get more touches, assists and shots when al is out.

    Because corbin believes in big al so much, he just pounds the ball to al all game long..... when kanter was in for big al, corbin doesn't have the same faith in kanter to dominate the paint offensively so the offensive becomes less post up dominant.

  16. #240
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    160
    Total Rep Points
    63
    Rep Adjustment Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Med_Phys View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d7lfv8u

    I'm thinking we could still score enough after this trade, especially given the ball movement that has been on display lately. Of course, this only works if Favors is ready to play. I'm thinking Milwaukee owes a first to CLE and SAC. I'm flexible with the Jazz sending out the GST pick if that's what it takes. Would be nice to get a 2nd (like 31-35) from CLE or SAC though if that's the case.
    There is no way a trade with that many moving parts would be approved by any of those GMs. Why would every one of these teams blow up 5 or 6 components?

    I don't think I've ever seen a trade with that many players in the NBA.

    From Utah's perspective, why would we trade our 2 best players for a hard to work with/bad character guy (these things matter for Utah's front office) in Cousins, two bad player Garcia/Walton, and 1 unproven rookie (thomas)? This would be very hard for the organization to spin. Also, why would Milwaukee give up 4 rotation players when the team is playing well? I can see why Cleveland does this trade. But I don't know why Sacramento, Utah, or Milwaukee do this trade.

    The Jazz need/should keep 1 Millsap or 1 Jefferson (personally, I'd rather keep Jefferson). They are not going to ship both of them off this season, they may unload 1 and then resign the other, but no way a trade like this goes down. And particularly not for what accounts to a bust (cousins), 2 bad players (luke walton) and a player Sacramento would be giving up on too soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •