Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    You're trading an allstar candidate for two 30 year old goofs and a youngin that hasn't panned out and is having a decent start to the year.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Kanter took 16 shots. Jefferson averages 15. I'd say they spent the same amount of time back to basket bro.
    but the difference being kanter plays defense, while big al does not.
    so when it's all said and done jefefrson is giving up more points on the other end
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Look dudes, as one of the Trade-Al guys who is sticking to his guns, I RESERVE FULL RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT BLACK-HOLISMS FROM KANTER AND/OR FAVORS IF/WHEN THEY MATERIALIZE AS THE MAJOR FACET OF THE OFFENSE. Your speculative claims that IF WE TRADE AL, THEN IT'LL BE MORE OF THE SAME WITH DIFFERENT ACTORS are doing nothing to my desire to move Al.

Questions? ****, I wish I could rep this post.
    the biggets reason to trade al.
    is is incredible boozer like defense.
    and his lack of hustle
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Why would we talk about defense in a "How can we score without Jefferson" thread? It seems to me this thread is about how the offense does or doesn't work with Al in it. But Al's defense is pretty basic. He's solid one on one, not a great help defender, and gets exposed in the PnR. That same description would apply to many of the top 4's and 5's in the league.
    well jaz zwill score without al jefferson
    how does not matter.

/thread
    01-21-2013

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You're trading an allstar candidate for two 30 year old goofs and a youngin that hasn't panned out and is having a decent start to the year.
    So you likey too! Great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The numbers support my side. Not yours.
    Oh. Ok. Well, I guess we are done here. Let's start building Al's bronze statue and drafting his next max contract.

You're an arrogant ****tard.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think everyone is missing the point. When Al was out during the Toronto game and during the Laker game with him, we ran more of the offense through a pick and roll action with Millsap. This created more movement for the whole team (which is harder to guard against). This worked because Millsap has been on his game for the last two games. When Millsap starts to slump again we'll have to go back to old reliable-Al Jefferson.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
    Just like everyone else.
    -Margaret Mead

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What did people see when they watched the Laker game? What I saw is this: By design, Paul basically replaced Al in the offense due to matchups (score Ty). While he did operate out of the low block a few times (like Al), he mostly operated on that elbow (another score Ty because Sap struggles in the post, but is very good on the elbow.)

Sap was not passing. He was not contributing to ball movement. He was relentlessly attacking a mismatch (first Jameson, then Hill). He basically took Al's role because of the mismatch and Al was all too happy to watch him motor.

We mostly killed the Lakers in transition (which is also not ball movement.) But we did get another solid start from Mo, Tinsley played well, and we had tons of cutters. Again, this has nothing to do with post play.
    As to Al, Brown Notes has been dead on. Going into the post is a good thing. It's also a thing Al is really, really good at. I've been killing this offense all year for the lack of cutters and movement once he gets it. He's certainly not missing cutters because, until recently, there haven't been any. The light bulb seems to have gone off on that front because there is much more fluidity in the last few games.
    Ty Corbin COTY!
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Oh. Ok. Well, I guess we are done here. Let's start building Al's bronze statue and drafting his next max contract.

You're an arrogant ****tard.
    Right. Because that's exactly what I said.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Be honest though. I know you don't think they're a .8333 team without him. Do you really think the Jazz are better than a .500 team with AJ on the bench?

I predict 35 or less wins this season without Big Al. What does everyone else think?
    Man, we are no better than .500 right now with or without big Al, but if he doesnt leave after this year, we will still be the same **** in next years. At least i have hope now that he will go and we will become a better team in future. Or u prefer him to stay then we make playoffs and get our ass kicked in first round for couple more years?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sepanol View Post
    man, we are no better than .500 right now with or without big al, but if he doesnt leave after this year, we will still be the same **** in next years. At least i have hope now that he will go and we will become a better team in future. Or u prefer him to stay then we make playoffs and give up and don't try to win 1 single playoff game for couple more years?
    fixed
    01-21-2013

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sepanol View Post
    Man, we are no better than .500 right now with or without big Al, but if he doesnt leave after this year, we will still be the same **** in next years. At least i have hope now that he will go and we will become a better team in future. Or u prefer him to stay then we make playoffs and get our ass kicked in first round for couple more years?
    Please answer for me. I'll take that option.
    No Mediocrity