Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Carroll was never given a fair chance in the NBA, with just 11 minutes his rookie year. If you look at his college career, it was clear he was the type of player that worked hard and improved gradually every year (30 PER his last year), and that trend appears to be continuing in the NBA. The problem is he is not our draft pick, and is an unrestricted free agent come year end....we know how that story ends. As good as Carroll has been playing, Burks development should not be stunted at the cost of developing a player for another team.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I noticed in pre-season his outside shot looked a LOT better, but what ya see in pre-season sometimes is an illusion. He's developing his whole offensive game before our eyes, the same as Millsap did coming out of college. In a few years, he could be even better.. Impressive!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Carroll was never given a fair chance in the NBA, with just 11 minutes his rookie year. If you look at his college career, it was clear he was the type of player that worked hard and improved gradually every year (30 PER his last year), and that trend appears to be continuing in the NBA. The problem is he is not our draft pick, and is an unrestricted free agent come year end....we know how that story ends. As good as Carroll has been playing, Burks development should not be stunted at the cost of developing a player for another team.
    Nice thoughts.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Personally I've always liked Carroll, just saying.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I am eating no crow. Seemed like everytime he stepped on to the floor last year we looked better and he was a key player during our playoff push last year. Benching him in favor of Howard to start the Spurs series after we had won 6 straight games was beyond comprehension. I was extremely happy to see him get signed in the offseason and while I wasn't thrilled to see him get a good chunk of minutes while Burks got none, I always thought he was a perfect fit for 10-15 min. a night.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    :^D

Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Props to Carroll he is a better all around player right now than Hayward. Any arguments against that????
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission Accomplished View Post
    Props to Carroll he is a better all around player right now than Hayward. Any arguments against that????
    Yes. Their roles are completely different. Carroll is incredibly consistent within his role as a hustle guy who is above average defensively, and capable offensively.

Hayward is the bench scorer, who is very inconsistent. His role is a lot more involved and overall more diverse.
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The difference here is we will have plenty of room to resign him. Is it possible to extend him before he becomes a free agent? As an unrestricted free agent teams won't be throwing toxic contracts at him to make it harder to want to resign him. It also gives us a chance to ink him to a new contract before someone else does. If he wants to be here like I suspect him to want to be here longer the jazz will have no problem resigning him to a decent contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission Accomplished View Post
    I like Carroll, but really come on man. Hayward is a better dribbler, shooter, passer, maybe not better defender but good in his own right. Not your smartest moment.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No crow for me! Look at my old posts - the guy knows his limits and plays smart.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kabenac View Post
    No crow for me! Look at my old posts - the guy knows his limits and plays smart.
    I'm assuming he meant Old Crow.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He's baby Millsap!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I always liked his hustle, but I never imagined him being this effective. He busts his ass every game and it's great to see. I hope they lock him up long term, as every team needs a player like this.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He is showing every time that the minutes he is getting not a waste of time and not an obstacle for our young wings development for me.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    eat it haters! muahahahaa