Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dirty O Town
    Posts
    1,396
    Total Rep Points
    562
    Rep Adjustment Power
    15

    Does KOC's lack of moving players grow our rage for them?

    I have started to see a pattern. I don't start will disliking on the verge of hating guys until we miss that window to trade them and KOC holds on to them. This has happened time after time and our new problem is Big Al. When players don't fit he needs to move them before they become an anchor or an anger point to the fans. I like Big Al but watching him as he doesn't fit our system is making me focus on his flaws an use him as the scapegoat. Same thing happened with Bell when he clearly wasn't living up the his or our expectations instead of moving him KOC held him until he became a cancer. Same with Bozo the clown when the team was moving better with Millsap in the lineup. KOC held on to him. I understand that we aren't getting back the talent that we would want in moving these players. But, heck we already have a good supporting cast and we could move them for picks and potential players.

    discuss
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

  2. #2
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    30,101
    Total Rep Points
    21724
    Rep Adjustment Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission Accomplished View Post
    I have started to see a pattern. I don't start will disliking on the verge of hating guys until we miss that window to trade them and KOC holds on to them. This has happened time after time and our new problem is Big Al. When players don't fit he needs to move them before they become an anchor or an anger point to the fans. I like Big Al but watching him as he doesn't fit our system is making me focus on his flaws an use him as the scapegoat. Same thing happened with Bell when he clearly wasn't living up the his or our expectations instead of moving him KOC held him until he became a cancer. Same with Bozo the clown when the team was moving better with Millsap in the lineup. KOC held on to him. I understand that we aren't getting back the talent that we would want in moving these players. But, heck we already have a good supporting cast and we could move them for picks and potential players.

    discuss
    I really don't think KOC gives a **** what the fans think about a player.
    :^D

  3.  

     

  4. #3
    Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dirty O Town
    Posts
    1,396
    Total Rep Points
    562
    Rep Adjustment Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I really don't think KOC gives a **** what the fans think about a player.
    Fair but it seems to stymie the team. Avid fan support is what makes small market teams powerhouses see Green Bay. He should care because it is all about the bottom line in all things.
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

  5. #4
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    30,101
    Total Rep Points
    21724
    Rep Adjustment Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission Accomplished View Post
    Fair but it seems to stymie the team. Avid fan support is what makes small market teams powerhouses see Green Bay. He should care because it is all about the bottom line in all things.
    Nah, I think Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers get the credit there.

    The New Orleans Saints have probably had top 10 fan support throughout their history, but were still one of the worst teams before they got Drew Brees.
    :^D

  6. #5
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    19,149
    Total Rep Points
    43905
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    I really don't think KOC gives a **** what the fans think about a player.
    I wonder if koc would care if the jazz as an organization started seeing less money coming in because fans stopped purchasing tickets and merchandise as much.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    30,101
    Total Rep Points
    21724
    Rep Adjustment Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I wonder if koc would care if the jazz as an organization started seeing less money coming in because fans stopped purchasing tickets and merchandise as much.
    The small % of people that hate Al Jefferson that much isn't going to make a difference. The only thing KOC cares about is winning. He is going to make the move that he thinks is going to result in wins, not popularity.
    :^D

  8. #7
    Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dirty O Town
    Posts
    1,396
    Total Rep Points
    562
    Rep Adjustment Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    The small % of people that hate Al Jefferson that much isn't going to make a difference. The only thing KOC cares about is winning. He is going to make the move that he thinks is going to result in wins, not popularity.
    Like I said it isn't about Al Jefferson he could be a great player on a team that he fits. He doesn't fit the Jazz not the style we are playing this year. He has expiring assets year after year that are valuable and he sits on them.
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

  9. #8
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    19,149
    Total Rep Points
    43905
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    The small % of people that hate Al Jefferson that much isn't going to make a difference. The only thing KOC cares about is winning. He is going to make the move that he thinks is going to result in wins, not popularity.
    Do you think koc only cares about winning now? or do you think he tries to anticipate what might make the team better in the future too?

  10. #9
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,374
    Total Rep Points
    7181
    Rep Adjustment Power
    41
    I make trades all the damn time on Madden '93. I wonder why KOC doesn't do just like me. He should have an awesome defensive line by now what a failolololol
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]
    elect Stanley Johnson, 2015

  11. #10
    Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dirty O Town
    Posts
    1,396
    Total Rep Points
    562
    Rep Adjustment Power
    15
    A GM needs to make personal moves that fit what the coach is trying to do and that fit with the other players on the team. That is why the Dwight Howard in a Lakers uni isn't working out. He is a poor fit for that style of players.
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

  12. #11
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    30,101
    Total Rep Points
    21724
    Rep Adjustment Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Do you think koc only cares about winning now? or do you think he tries to anticipate what might make the team better in the future too?
    A combination of both I'm sure, but I don't think he feels that having young players play right away is super important. He has said numerous times in interviews that having minutes that count is more valuable (in his eyes) than a bunch of young players playing for a losing team.
    :^D

  13. #12
    Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dirty O Town
    Posts
    1,396
    Total Rep Points
    562
    Rep Adjustment Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    I make trades all the damn time on Madden '93. I wonder why KOC doesn't do just like me. He should have an awesome defensive line by now what a failolololol
    I can sit in a big chair and say "no" to everything guess that would make me a good GM or maybe a Republican ;P
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

  14. #13
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    19,149
    Total Rep Points
    43905
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    A combination of both I'm sure, but I don't think he feels that having young players play right away is super important. He has said numerous times in interviews that having minutes that count is more valuable (in his eyes) than a bunch of young players playing for a losing team.

    Thanks for a good answer to my dumb question.... I was mostly just trolling when i asked if you think Koc cares about making the team better for the future. (obviously he does). Sorry for the trolling.

  15. #14
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,612
    Total Rep Points
    8009
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission Accomplished View Post
    A GM needs to make personal moves that fit what the coach is trying to do and that fit with the other players on the team. That is why the Dwight Howard in a Lakers uni isn't working out. He is a poor fit for that style of players.
    no he's not. The coach they hired, and his system don't fit the players, namely Kobe and Gasol. Also consider that Steve Nash has been out all year who would help Howard thrive.

  16. #15
    Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dirty O Town
    Posts
    1,396
    Total Rep Points
    562
    Rep Adjustment Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    A combination of both I'm sure, but I don't think he feels that having young players play right away is super important. He has said numerous times in interviews that having minutes that count is more valuable (in his eyes) than a bunch of young players playing for a losing team.
    Well, what about a mix of the both. At the same time he could make moves like moving Big Al to let the rest of the players touch the ball more. Or have a better mentor on the defensive side for our young bigs. Great we some game make the playoffs barely then get swept. Just like teams that never change mainly the Bucks, 76ers, Hawks, old Sonics, and Houston. Until these team some of these teams woke up and made the hard moves to get rid of those players that keep them stuck in mediocrity. Heck you could say the Dwill move was one that got us off of that pattern. Then KOC fills back up the cupboards with players that are out to get their like Big Al and Raja.
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •