Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Kanter's hustle/killer instinct

one thing this jazz has been missing is hustle killer instinct.
    iu remember last night jazz where up 25 points orso.
    and after a rebound by the jazz. the first guy down the court was kanter.
    trying to score.
    busting his guts being the first one down the court.

that is hustle/killer instinct.

that in itselfs gives us blowouts and a couple of more wins.

being up by 25 punt and still hustling. stepping on the opposing teams throat.
    walk up behind them and stab them in the heart.

nice guys don't do that.

here's to kanters amazing hustle/killer instinct
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I call it humility/hunger more than killer instinct, but won't split hairs.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kanter's version of hustle is kind of weird and probably evolving. I don't think of him as a Joakim Noah/DeMarre Carroll hustler, but rather as someone who battles for position and who is learning how to run the floor properly. He's not as active on the defensive end, but that probably has to do with his historical basketball experience and habit. He also has a tendency (like Favors sometimes) to go soft to the rim (he should dunk more with one hand, by the way).

I could tell he was gassed in last game a few times, so he needs to get more minutes to learn how to pace himself/get in better game shape.

If he can figure out the assists, get more active and savvy on the defensive end, and either pass out of the post quickly or attack hard he will be a very nice player for us. The guy's 20!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    no doubt kanter is a hustle player he earns his meal from it but I call it (running to fastbreak when the gap's 25) needing highlight plays and stats to prove smth. kanter is not a tall player for center. but he is strong. he lost his weight and gained speed and agility. now he needs to show he is even a better fast break scorer than he was when he was drafted. mark my words, this guy wants to be a go-to-guy in the years to come. that is what he desires.

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

October 2014 Update: Enes is eating crow so far.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by addictionary View Post
    no doubt kanter is a hustle player he earns his meal from it but I call it (running to fastbreak when the gap's 25) needing highlight plays and stats to prove smth. kanter is not a tall player for center. but he is strong. he lost his weight and gained speed and agility. now he needs to show he is even a better fast break scorer than he was when he was drafted. mark my words, this guy wants to be a go-to-guy in the years to come. that is what he desires.
    Kanter is better at 4 than 5, but he can guard anyone in this league one on one, even howard, he just need to learn help defense and get more awareness, that needs time practise and experience, so he can have some defensive habits

Anyway Favors is good enough to be at 5, so no worries, kanter 4, favors 5 in future.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He needs to play harder on the defensive end, but I like what I'm seeing effort wise from him overall.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    One thing that I felt got lost in the Toronto game is that Kanter repeatedly had to fight for rebounds against two players. His rebounding numbers in and of itself were good enough (8, I think) but The Jazz gained or maintained 4 or 5 possessions by Kanter doing just enough to force the opposing player to knock the ball out of bounds. To me that was just as impressive as any statistical acheivement.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    One thing that I felt got lost in the Toronto game is that Kanter repeatedly had to fight for rebounds against two players. His rebounding numbers in and of itself were good enough (8, I think) but The Jazz gained or maintained 4 or 5 possessions by Kanter doing just enough to force the opposing player to knock the ball out of bounds. To me that was just as impressive as any statistical acheivement.
    Thank you. I love it when people post stuff that they see during the game that's not found in the box score.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I know this is completely obvious, but last night I was really noticing the difference between Kanter and Al/Sap on offense.

Every time Al catches the ball he does some little fake/drop-step into either a hook/push shot or a mini-fadeway ..
    whereas Kanter consistently makes moves drop-steps, duck-unders, fakes, and moves towards/to the rim.

The latter is far more taxing on the interior defense and creates a much better opportunity to get our own rebound.

It's been said a thousand times, but if Kanter can find the open man midway through his move, he'd become pretty dangerous.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Exactly! This will also start resulting in more Enes rebounds, but he did it against the Lakers as well!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I know this is completely obvious, but last night I was really noticing the difference between Kanter and Al/Sap on offense.

Every time Al catches the ball he does some little fake/drop-step into either a hook/push shot or a mini-fadeway ..
    whereas Kanter consistently makes moves drop-steps, duck-unders, fakes, and moves towards/to the rim.

The latter is far more taxing on the interior defense and creates a much better opportunity to get our own rebound.

It's been said a thousand times, but if Kanter can find the open man midway through his move, he'd become pretty dangerous.
    Well a couple times last night I saw Kanter kick it back out when he was trying to work his way in. That is a newer development and continues to prove to me that he is making great strides in his development. He is learning to keep his head up and eyes open when he is on the court.

I am becoming a big fan of Kanter.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Agreed! Also, if he can add any sort of a face up game/drive to the basket. He can already hit the occasional fade away etc.

The main thing I have to keep reminding myself is that he is only 20 and has only been playing basketball for six years (14 right?)! He is getting better and more confident each year. He has already dominated NBA quality/starting bigs in spurts. He needs a lot of playing time to try new things.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kanter has a really good shot out to 20'. We'll start to see that in time, I have no doubt.

I'm just glad to see his confidence coming back.. that, more than anything, is what he was lacking last season.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sepanol View Post
    Kanter is better at 4 than 5, but he can guard anyone in this league one on one, even howard, he just need to learn help defense and get more awareness, that needs time practise and experience, so he can have some defensive habits

Anyway Favors is good enough to be at 5, so no worries, kanter 4, favors 5 in future.
    I absolutely agree.

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

October 2014 Update: Enes is eating crow so far.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Thank you. I'm so glad when people post things that can't be found on the box score. Wait..............
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?