Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Rep Level
    If Kanter can keep this up Jeff can walk after the season. He had a nice moment I think against Howard, where after he started his back in, passed out, got better position, got the ball back right away and scored. Looked solid the whole time, pro move. I hadn't seen this from him, he might be a lot closer to being ready than I thought.

Keep it up Big Avian Livestock.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Rep Level
    Three quick shots-

Hate to be Debbie Downer on such a happy night, while we celebrate Enes should we also be concerned about Hayward? The dude is in his third year, his shooting percentage sucks, tonight he played 30 minutes and got 1 rebound, and 2 assists, with no steals and no blocks. The rebound he got was tipped out by the bigs and he picked it up. Dude gets blocked so much going to the rim that the refs won't bail him out no-more. He is looking more like a 23 minute a night guy than a star. He has not evolved in anyway that I have noticed.

Marvin needs more minutes.

Jazz beat the Lakers on the same night that Torey Ellis' Nets get blown out early by the BUcks. The 'fans' in Brooklyn were booing before halftime and the arena was empty by the start of the third quarter. Torey was something like 3 for 13 in the first half and sulking. I'm so happy.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Hate to be Debbie Downer on such a happy night, while we celebrate Enes should we also be concerned about Hayward? The dude is in his third year, his shooting percentage sucks, tonight he played 30 minutes and got 1 rebound, and 2 assists, with no steals and no blocks. The rebound he got was tipped out by the bigs and he picked it up. Dude gets blocked so much going to the rim that the refs won't bail him out no-more. He is looking more like a 23 minute a night guy than a star. He has not evolved in anyway that I have noticed.
    He's actually regressed. I think it has to do with the increased expectations. Whereas a year ago he could just let the game come to him(essentially the role currently occupied by DeMarre), there is now pressure on him to perform. And he's wilting like a flower in autumn. The most worrying thing for me has been the drop in his assists. I always figured that he had the talent to run plays from the high post once in a while in the way Andrei used to. I haven't seen that at all this year.

Rep Level
    Also, if Dwight Howard is not hurt, than these last 20 games may be one of the bigger Emperor's-New-Clothes moments in a while. He's gone from poor man's Patrick Ewing to financially secure man's Serge Ibaka in a very short time.

Rep Level
    Hayward has had a pretty good December thus far.

14.6 ppg
    3 rbs
    1.6 assist
    45% from the field
    47% from deep

Rep Level
    Also, this is a game that makes me love Mo-Will. He is a good PG, and I think probably better than anyone we will be able to get in FA next year. I just hope we can get a young back-up with promise to eventually take over. Maybe someone like Bledsoe or Marshall, or someone in the next draft.

Rep Level
    People are over-reacting on Hayward. He is close to putting on a great run of games. Quote me.

Rep Level
    That was an ass kicking. The Lakers ungodly amount of hit 3s is the only thing that made it close, the Jazz were just dominating them everywhere else. I don't even care that the Lakers are not good, winning against them in LA is sweet, as well as taking the season series against them.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    He'll definitely fill out a little more, but he doesn't need to grow. It's his frame that's impressive. I heard several Laker fans in my section say things like, "That dude is huge" and "Holy ****" (after seeing Kanter bull under the hoop.) He's a physical specimen with a rare NBA body for sure.
    Yes I remember one play, Kanter got the ball on the high post, about 15 feet out and backed down the backup big, I forget his name, and scored. It had to remind la fans of Shaq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin Towers View Post
    Millsap is playing better because we are actually running plays for him. That is the only reason.

Most of the season Jefferson was the only option on offense than people would score if he was double teamed. Millsap was sitting on the right block doing nothing all season.
    The team is starting to finally realize that Jefferson should be the 2nd or 3rd option. They are finally running more pick and roll again. Which we have been missing and Millsap has been very good at that.

Hopefully the next game we do the same and keep running the pick and roll. Trade Jefferson to the Rockets for protected 1st round pick.
    Agreed. Hopefully he can keep this up. Reminds me of the Pistons last chip. They didn't rely on just one guy like we try to with Al. Last night the Lakers didn't seem to know who to key on it was a thing of beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    People are over-reacting on Hayward. He is close to putting on a great run of games. Quote me.
    he had a better game then the box score indicates. The refs missed a few calls with him driving the lane, he did get his shot blocked a couple times from Howard, but thats what Howard does. Still it's good to see Hayward aggressive.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Nobody besides HeavenHarris said that.
    I dont think there is much difference between two as well. Mo may seem good time to time, and may help you win couple of games in the season, but he is not the answer for long term, plus he has horrible choices at times, especially in critical games, moments.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    And since he is only 20 there is a chance he could get a little bigger right? (i have no idea if people continue growing after 20 yrs old)
    They do, not marginally but depending on people they can get taller, and even their hair grow more after 20, so in years to come Kanter may turn not only into a beast but a hairy one.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by sepanol View Post
    I dont think there is much difference between two as well. Mo may seem good time to time, and may help you win couple of games in the season, but he is not the answer for long term, plus he has horrible choices at times, especially in critical games, moments.
    Please explain how Mo isn't a big upgrade over Harris. He's a better shooter, better defender, gets more assists, leader, more aggressive, oh and by the way he's 8th in assists in the entire NBA. Please explain this, it should be interesting. It's not even a discussion. This might be your dumbest post ever.

Rep Level
    i'm not too worried about hayward just yet.
    needs a little more consistency in jumper. his drives still look kinda reckless at times but he does know how to finish around the rim and that should only improve.
    misses a lot of calls too, probably because he sometimes looks so out of control.
    needs to use that quick pull-up in the lane a bit more often rather than keep charging into guys.

not sure what his ceiling is but still has plenty of growing to dp and i think he'll be a useful players for years.
    Last edited by salo; 12-11-2012 at 04:36 AM.

Rep Level
    Hayward comes from the bench cold, making a couple of mistakes, turnovers, miss shots etc. He is not the typical 6th man that would give you what you expect from him in an instant like Terry or Manu but down the stretch he get used to it, he feels much more comfortable and knocks his shots more constantly and get hot with the flow of the game. And his performance lately is not that bad.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Three quick shots-

Marvin needs more minutes.

Jazz beat the Lakers on the same night that Torey Ellis' Nets get blown out early by the BUcks. The 'fans' in Brooklyn were booing before halftime and the arena was empty by the start of the third quarter. Torey was something like 3 for 13 in the first half and sulking. I'm so happy.

You lost me with Marvin the ghost Williams needing more playing time.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN