Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    You lost me with Marvin the ghost Williams needing more playing time.
    I was under the impression he was called the wet bandit?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    People are over-reacting on Hayward. He is close to putting on a great run of games. Quote me.
    And by over-reacting you mean not watching the game and just reading the box score so they can look for something to bitch about.

Hayward is way ahead of where he was at this point in the season last year. His FG% and Assist Numbers have gone down because they're trying to transition him from being a supporting player on the starting unit to the focal point of the second team.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    And by over-reacting you mean not watching the game and just reading the box score so they can look for something to bitch about.

Hayward is way ahead of where he was at this point in the season last year. His FG% and Assist Numbers have gone down because they're trying to transition him from being a supporting player on the starting unit to the focal point of the second team.
    All of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Was reading a lakers message board, and got this....

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:24 am** *Post subject:
    Gonna be so pissed if we lose. These Jazz fans the most annoying people in the world.

Keep it up jazzfanz!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hahaha no respect for Utah. It is not about them winning it is about the Lakers losing.

This isn't meant to be a slight against the Jazz, which are now 12-10 and have a deep nine-man rotation playing hard for coach Tyrone Corbin. But if the Lakers can't find it in them to win a game like that on Sunday, what can they win? "Umm, you know, we're not very good right now," Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said after his team was outscored 54-34 in the paint and gifted 25 points to Utah off of 14 turnovers. ESPN.com

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278017
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It is sad that during the 4th quarter I kept waiting for the refs to give the game to the Lakers. I'm glad they swallowed their whistles for the most part.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Hahaha no respect for Utah. It is not about them winning it is about the Lakers losing.

This isn't meant to be a slight against the Jazz, which are now 12-10 and have a deep nine-man rotation playing hard for coach Tyrone Corbin. But if the Lakers can't find it in them to win a game like that on Sunday, what can they win? "Umm, you know, we're not very good right now," Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said after his team was outscored 54-34 in the paint and gifted 25 points to Utah off of 14 turnovers. ESPN.com

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278017
    You should go and read the extras at the end of the article. It means that Al started in place of Kanter. It almost seems like they are implying that it was Kanter's spot to lose.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The last two games have convinced me more than ever that Big Al needs to go. Did not watch the first game, the blowout of Toronto, but it sounded great. Against the Lakers in the first half it was also great: they were not doing the throw it down to the low left block and let Slow Al slowly get his shot while everyone else stands around. They were moving the ball all around and everyone was getting, and making, good shots. Al even got a few from different places and quicker than his normal mode. So the Jazz are up by 10 at half.

Second half starts with focus on the low post game to both Sap and Al. So what happens? The go-slow offense is back and the Lakers catch up.

Bench Al. Trade Al. Get rid of Al. This team is better without him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    if al plays significant minutes jazz wont win
    And Utah wins! Now are you going to stop posting for a month?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    You should go and read the extras at the end of the article. It means that Al started in place of Kanter. It almost seems like they are implying that it was Kanter's spot to lose.
    Yeah I saw that lol. I was like huh?
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I would go with carroll
    Carroll fouled out and I believe that is why Foye was subbed in, although with as poor as he played I was wondering why Marvin wasn't in myself.

I know it was the Jazz' game plan to keep Howard from scoring in the paint and so LA did get a lot of open looks from 3 but that was insane how high of a % they shot. So my while watching the game the main gripes I had was was while Millsap was definitely aggressive and taking it to the Laker D Hill did go off against him a little bit. I also would've like to see Kanter get a few more minutes but sssooooo happy with the win and hope the Jazz can ride this wave of momentum and confidence into the Spurs game Wed. night.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz View Post
    Carroll fouled out and I believe that is why Foye was subbed in, although with as poor as he played I was wondering why Marvin wasn't in myself.

I know it was the Jazz' game plan to keep Howard from scoring in the paint and so LA did get a lot of open looks from 3 but that was insane how high of a % they shot. So my while watching the game the main gripes I had was was while Millsap was definitely aggressive and taking it to the Laker D Hill did go off against him a little bit. I also would've like to see Kanter get a few more minutes but sssooooo happy with the win and hope the Jazz can ride this wave of momentum and confidence into the Spurs game Wed. night.
    I think he has earned them. He should be getting close to 25+ a game.

I like Big Al and think he provides alot of good things but I am ready to move on. Start Favors, Millsap, Carrol, Foye and Mo. Make Hayward, Kanter, Tinsley, Burks and Williams the main bench guys. Continue this hustle, ball movement and unselfish team play and the sky is the limit for this team.

Edit: Still plenty of work to be done and they are far from a finished product but the blue print and materials are right there. Just need to put it together.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Good win for us (any win on the road at this point is a good win).

Nice to see Kanter and "junkyard dog" play a lot of mins.

Nice to see Millsap score at ease.

But lets be honest, that Lakers team sucks.

For one, they're just too old and don't have a bench. Two, without Gasol and Nash, all we really had to defend was Kobe and Meeks. The rest of that team can't shoot! Luckily, Dwight still has no post game and can't hit free throws.

Is it just me or is Dwight not as explosive as years past? I remember a poster or two writing about how they had the same injury and they were never the same...

The Lakers are a train wreck. We all knew this was going to happen. But it's happening sssooooo early in the season!
    Lakers Suck.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Lakers bench is absolute garbage and losing them a lot of games. Starters were about even and then Corbin threw Kanter, Hayward, Tinsley, & Carroll at their pretend NBA bench. I would have been disappointed if the second unit didn't obliterate that squad.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    The last two games have convinced me more than ever that Big Al needs to go. Did not watch the first game, the blowout of Toronto, but it sounded great. Against the Lakers in the first half it was also great: they were not doing the throw it down to the low left block and let Slow Al slowly get his shot while everyone else stands around. They were moving the ball all around and everyone was getting, and making, good shots. Al even got a few from different places and quicker than his normal mode. So the Jazz are up by 10 at half.

Second half starts with focus on the low post game to both Sap and Al. So what happens? The go-slow offense is back and the Lakers catch up.

Bench Al. Trade Al. Get rid of Al. This team is better without him.
    Well said, and I agree. I love the guy as a person, it seems, but he stagnates this team and we have talent ready to go on the bench.