Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Health issues

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Do you smoke, drink or do drugs? What kind of diet are you on?
    no, no, and no Fruit for breakfast, my company pays for a Sous-Chef for lunch and then whatever my wife makes for dinner.. I stay away from gluten as much as possible as well as milk/dairy. I've been known to drink a lot of soda, but I cut that out two months ago.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    We love you bro and are thinking awesome thoughts and praying!
    I really appreciate the kind words. Thanks so much.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    So the doc put me on levaquin. That's when it started to get worse. No fevers at that point, but my joints and muscles started to ache, plus zero energy. I think I was in bed for almost two weeks.
    Dude, that was the levaquin that kicked your ass. It has a high rate of serious side effects.

The dr. put me on it for a sinus infection about 6 years ago. Within 3-4 days I had the same symptoms; extremely sore joints (walking up the stairs damn near killed me), short of breath, extreme lethargy, low grade fever. I wanted to die. I did some research and found that this reaction is quite common with this drug. I stopped taking it but it took nearly a month to recover. The drug was 10x's worse than what it was supposed to cure.

Too add, walking pneumonia is a viral infection. Antibiotics won't do anything for it. What the hell is your doctor doing?
    Last edited by Scat; 12-10-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Dude, that was the levaquin that kicked your ass. It has a high rate of serious side effects.

The dr. put me on it for a sinus infection about 6 years ago. Within 3-4 days I had the same symptoms. Extremely sore joints (walking up the stairs damn near killed me), short of breath, extreme lethargy, low grade fever. I wanted to die. I did some research and found that this reaction is quite common with this drug. I stopped taking it but it took nearly a month to recover. The drug was 10x's worse than what it was supposed to cure.

Too add, walking pneumonia is a viral infection. Antibiotics won't do anything for it. What the hell is your doctor doing?
    I think you're right. My joints/tendons didn't start hurting and the fevers didn't start up until I started taking the Levaquin. I'm pretty sure that the Levaquin is to blame for some of these symptoms as my blood culture came back negative today.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Extreme low back pain was another side effect.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    good luck m3at, hope you hear there's a simple remedy for what's ailing you

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    a blast from the past... http://www.freepennystockalerts.com/

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    m3at, good luck. I mean it. **** like this really brings us back to the reality of how fragile and precious life really is.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    Thanks JAG. You were so young, do you remember much of it? Funny thing, I had pneumonia as a 2 week old baby. The dr. said I would have pneumonia a couple times a year from then on. This is the first time I've had lung problems and I'm 40.
    Yeah, I was pretty young so I only really have fleeting memories but my family has been good about telling me about it. I asked my parents about it today actually and turns out I not only had fluid around my lung but around my heart as well. They had to remove the protective sac around my heart and scrap the membrane around my lung before they hooked up the draining tubes. They drained enough fluid to fill a 12 oz can of soda. I do have a significant amount of scar tissue around my lung because of it and it has prevented me from building up stellar respiratory endurance but other than that, I've been fine. As I said before, when it happened to me, they didn't really know what they were dealing with. They had researchers from U of U coming over to observe and take blood samples to try to figure out what it was and what caused it. Unfortunately, I had already been put on antibiotics as a treatment method the month before so those pretty much wiped my system of everything.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    guys ive been having intermittent stomach pain for the past few weeks. first i just thought it was gas then thought it was food poisoning. last couple days its been getting worse, like really sharp pain every few minutes/hours. also had nothin but diarrhea during this time, sometimes w/ blood. think i have stomach ulcers or something maybe. im gonna see a doc monday but in the mean time what do you guys suggest.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    guys ive been having intermittent stomach pain for the past few weeks. first i just thought it was gas then thought it was food poisoning. last couple days its been getting worse, like really sharp pain every few minutes/hours. also had nothin but diarrhea during this time, sometimes w/ blood. think i have stomach ulcers or something maybe. im gonna see a doc monday but in the mean time what do you guys suggest.
    Sounds like you have a bad case of parvo. The only answer is to have yourself put down.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    No doubt.

Why so rude, Scat?
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've had walking pneumonia and the prob is that once you get it, you are more susceptable (sp?) to it from then on. And each time you get it those percentages go up. I used to just try to ride out the episodes but now I hit it with everything I can as soon as a feel even a little congestion. Nasal sprays (last resort cuz Afrin is bad), nasal rinses, muxinex, cough syrup, ibu, etc. Gargling with listerine helps some. Keep up on taking your vitamins.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Get this fixed... PRONTO.

A few years ago I had a really bad case of pneumonia. I went in for x-rays to see if there was still crap in my lungs. Luckily, there wasn't. But that kind of stuff can be serious.

It started out as a sore throat at the start of December 09. Around Christmas the sore throat was basically gone but the cough had settled it. It had probably morphed into Bronchittis by that time. On New Years Eve, I couldn't stand it anymore so I went to the doctor after I couldn't sleep that night and struggled to breathe just to walk from the bathroom and back.... That's when I found out that I had pneumonia and was breathing at like 30 percent of what I should.

It took until Mid-March/April before I was able to exercise fully without chest pain or fatigue. And I really am Chuck Norris. For normal humans it might take 3-5 years to recover.

Are you using a humidifier in your room?
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    No doubt.

Why so rude, Scat?
    If I thought he was serious I'd be willing to help.