Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Lakers had to play Kobe and Howard over 40 minutes each last night just to have a fighting chance. Our bench should have all been in double digits +/- against their D-League scrubs.

p.s. Somehow, some way, this is all Jefferson and Corbin's fault. Fire^99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    JFS&G I'd like to see a hand count on everybody on JF that believe our bench would beat the starting unit.

Starters vs. Bench
    Jefferson Kanter
    Millsap Favors
    Marvin Demarre
    Foye Hayward
    Mo Tinsley

I say 1st team wins more than 80% of the time.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    By far the Lakers best +/- player was Hill +9 off the bench. Worst was Jamison, -17, a starter.
    The opposite is true for the Jazz. Carroll, bench, +15. Foye, starter, -9.

Most games the bench has an advantage, but nobody knows how terrible the lakers bench is better that D'Antoni, so last night the bench played the starters a significant portion of their minutes.

For me, it comes down to defense. I feel like the bench was better equipped to defend Kobe and Howard than the starting unit. Those two only rested 5 and 6 mins respectively. Scoring was not a problem for either team last night.
    Chop it!!!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    JFS&G I'd like to see a hand count on everybody on JF that believe our bench would beat the starting unit.

Starters vs. Bench
    Jefferson Kanter
    Millsap Favors
    Marvin Demarre
    Foye Hayward
    Mo Tinsley

Mo better than tinsley
    Hayward better than foye
    Demarre better than marvin
    favors and millsap would be good matchup and i call it about even. (millsap would have a hard time scoring on favors.)
    Jefferson is probably a litte better than kanter and kanter would struggle to stop jeffy.

It would be a pretty damn good game.
    I say each team would win about half the time.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Starters vs. Bench
    Jefferson Kanter
    Millsap Favors
    Marvin Demarre
    Foye Hayward
    Mo Tinsley

People have trouble coping with the fact that the Jazz bench is very deep and competent while the starters aren't top shelf. Makes it hard to say who should play and easy to want a substandard young team with hope and lottory potential over a 1st round playoff sweep.

I give the starters the edge but only a small one. Every player on the bench brings something.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That starting unit is at a huge advantage in scoring ability. The only way the bench wins is by transition as there isn't any reason not to hedge inside and crowd all the lanes.

It'd be fun to attend a practice scrimmage.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kanter abuses the **** out of Al.
    Millsap struggles against Favors.

The only clear advantage for the starters is at PG
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That starting unit is at a huge advantage in scoring ability. The only way the bench wins is by transition as there isn't any reason not to hedge inside and crowd all the lanes.

It'd be fun to attend a practice scrimmage.
    I think the bench would score in much the same way as the starters... dump it down to kanter and let him go to work..... or run pick and roll with hayward and favors (i think millsap and foye would have a hard time stopping that)

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    mo starts cause he is obviously better......from there i think corbin decides it by age.

Foye is older than hayward.
    Marvin is older than demarre.
    Millsap older than favors.
    Jefferson older than kanter.
    All wings are older than burks so he never gets to play.
    Foye can shoot, Hayward struggles .... Jazz need someone in who cant be doubled off of
    Marvin is better than Carrol, thats just how it is. Carrol is playing well, but Marvin is a better shooter, defender, knows how to run an offense better ... Demarre is all hustle, I love it but it doesnt mean he is a better player. He has his role and is doing very well in it.
    Favors should start, Sap should come off of the bench .... pretty simple
    Jefferson is better than Kanter, Kanter is playing pretty well right now but he is not the same player Al is.
    Burks is just below average right now, he will come and go all season ...

Generally speaking older players are better than younger players .... just saying.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    i think the bench would win if TyCo was coaching the starters and the bench coach ran a fast paced offense

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Foye can shoot, Hayward struggles .... Jazz need someone in who cant be doubled off of
    Marvin is better than Carrol, thats just how it is. Carrol is playing well, but Marvin is a better shooter, defender, knows how to run an offense better ... Demarre is all hustle, I love it but it doesnt mean he is a better player. He has his role and is doing very well in it.
    Favors should start, Sap should come off of the bench .... pretty simple
    Jefferson is better than Kanter, Kanter is playing pretty well right now but he is not the same player Al is.
    Burks is just below average right now, he will come and go all season ...

Generally speaking older players are better than younger players .... just saying.
    Im open minded on foye being better than hayward even though hayward is better at EVERYTHING besides outside shooting. (foyes outside shooting has been sooo good is the only reason im open minded on this one.)
    I think you are saying marvin is better than carroll only because it is set in your mind already. I was one who thought carroll should never even get to play, but watching the games this year carroll has outplayed marvin by a long way. Carroll seems to be the better shooter, better defender, better passer, better rebounder, better off the dribble, better in transition, better at hustle plays, better effort..... just everything and its not even close.
    I would never have thought i would be this big a fan of the junkyard dog, but watching the games it seems to me that he is our best wing period right now.

At least this is how it looks since demarre has been getting a decent amount of minutes in the rotation.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Im open minded on foye being better than hayward even though hayward is better at EVERYTHING besides outside shooting. (foyes outside shooting has been sooo good is the only reason im open minded on this one.)
    I think you are saying marvin is better than carroll only because it is set in your mind already. I was one who thought carroll should never even get to play, but watching the games this year carroll has outplayed marvin by a long way. Carroll seems to be the better shooter, better defender, better passer, better rebounder, better off the dribble, better in transition, better at hustle plays, better effort..... just everything and its not even close.
    I would never have thought i would be this big a fan of the junkyard dog, but watching the games it seems to me that he is our best wing period right now.

At least this is how it looks since demarre has been getting a decent amount of minutes in the rotation.
    I love Carrol he works his ass off and good things happen when he is on the court. I dont see how he is better than Marvin though, there is more to basketball than getting some hustle buckets and playing really hard. Carrol is not a better shooter, I dont think he is a better defender but I cant guarantee he isnt, passing I dont know but I would give the edge to Marvin, ..... I would say Carrol plays hard and teams kind of leave him be and let him do his thing. If teams were game planning for him at all Im sure he would struggle.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    I love Carrol he works his ass off and good things happen when he is on the court. I dont see how he is better than Marvin though, there is more to basketball than getting some hustle buckets and playing really hard. Carrol is not a better shooter, I dont think he is a better defender but I cant guarantee he isnt, passing I dont know but I would give the edge to Marvin, ..... I would say Carrol plays hard and teams kind of leave him be and let him do his thing. If teams were game planning for him at all Im sure he would struggle.
    You might be right about your statement that teams dont pay attention to him but regardless from just watching the games it seems like he does everything better...... surprisingly it even seems like he is beginning to be the better shooter and he is just getting started in his nba career and might continue to improve.