Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45
  1. #16
    The One True Youngblood YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,012
    Total Rep Points
    12085
    Rep Adjustment Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Bull crap.

    Coke World
    M&M World
    Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay
    Ney York New York Roller coaster
    Dolphins at Bellagio
    Buffet at the Rio
    KGB (burger joint) at Harrahs
    Circus Circus (for younger kids, keep them CLOSE as in holding your hands close)
    Freemont Street Show (ceiling is a giant TV screen basically)
    Madam Toussads Wax Museum
    Plus there are some shows that older kids might like such as Lion King or Blue Man Group
    Fashion Place Mall
    Treasure Island Pirate ship show

    Most of those are right on the strip.
    Most of those would kill Colton and scar his kids for life.

  2. #17
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,438
    Total Rep Points
    27042
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Most of those would kill Colton and scar his kids for life.
    I disagree. In Vegas there is no real way to avoid random crazies. I however have never had a problem. I have had my daugthers on the strip. IF you see a crazy you just keep walking and you are lost in the crowd. Easy

    However if someone wants to avoid people that do not share his morals then they should stay home.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  3. #18
    The One True Youngblood YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,012
    Total Rep Points
    12085
    Rep Adjustment Power
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    However if someone wants to avoid people that do not share his morals then they should stay home.
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    Never been to Vegas before
    He has tried. My suggestion for him would be to avoid the strip during the day. All of the crazies are in bed at night. It's much quieter then.

  4. #19
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    5,312
    Total Rep Points
    6572
    Rep Adjustment Power
    39
    Franklin's Circus Circus idea is a good suggestion. They have some of those Circus sets surrounded by a carnival gaming area too, which was always fun to go to when I was little. Then they have The Adventuredome Theme park thing that would be pretty interesting to your kids if they have never been to an indoor theme park(which actually kind of sucks beyond the fact that it is indoors).

    That brings up something though, how in the world does Vegas not have a Six Flags or something on the outskirts somewhere? Just L.A. and all its theme parks being too close?

  5. #20
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,438
    Total Rep Points
    27042
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    He has tried. My suggestion for him would be to avoid the strip during the day. All of the crazies are in bed at night. It's much quieter then.
    Lol.

    I agree on the strip during the day part. Absolutely.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  6. #21
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,346
    Total Rep Points
    49646
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    Franklin's Circus Circus idea is a good suggestion. They have some of those Circus sets surrounded by a carnival gaming area too, which was always fun to go to when I was little. Then they have The Adventuredome Theme park thing that would be pretty interesting to your kids if they have never been to an indoor theme park(which actually kind of sucks beyond the fact that it is indoors).

    That brings up something though, how in the world does Vegas not have a Six Flags or something on the outskirts somewhere? Just L.A. and all its theme parks being too close?
    I've wondered the same and have always been told that anything 'family' eventually fails in LV.

    I, for one, think an NBA franchise would prosper. It's a big enough city, but with 50MM people visiting each year from all over the country/world, it seems it would be merchandising hit and would be a cool diversion from the casinos during a 4day'r.
    #dumptruckin

  7. #22
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,438
    Total Rep Points
    27042
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Have you seen the "pirates" recently? It's mammorific!
    Oh, no I havent. I did not know that.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  8. #23
    Admininstrator colton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    6,394
    Total Rep Points
    11830
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    Franklin's Circus Circus idea is a good suggestion. They have some of those Circus sets surrounded by a carnival gaming area too, which was always fun to go to when I was little. Then they have The Adventuredome Theme park thing that would be pretty interesting to your kids if they have never been to an indoor theme park(which actually kind of sucks beyond the fact that it is indoors).
    We went to one once--the Mall of America. It was superloud because all of the screaming bounces off the walls right back at you. How loud is Adventuredome?
    "Giving to the poor is an essential part of Christian morality. I do not believe one can settle how much we ought to give. Im afraid the only safe rule is to give more than we can spare... If our charities do not at all pinch or hamper us, I should say they are too small. There ought to be things that wed like to do but cannot do because our charitable expenditure excludes them." --C.S. Lewis
    :-)

  9. #24
    Senior Member CONAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Draper
    Posts
    2,175
    Total Rep Points
    1010
    Rep Adjustment Power
    20
    Walking up and down the strip is ok. The artists along there are cool. But yeah, you gotta shield them from the porn guys on every corner. The Excaliber/NY has good kid stuff. Serendipity down as Caesars I think is good ice cream but maybe not worth the walk. The shops underneath Caesars aren't bad.

    Whatever happened to the White Tigers?

    Once you get past Caesars it gets dicey if I remember right. If you want to go to the needle thing or Freemont street then take a cab there and back.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

  10. #25
    Premium Member Vermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Set twerking dizzy.
    Posts
    5,424
    Total Rep Points
    12468
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    Franklin's Circus Circus idea is a good suggestion. They have some of those Circus sets surrounded by a carnival gaming area too, which was always fun to go to when I was little. Then they have The Adventuredome Theme park thing that would be pretty interesting to your kids if they have never been to an indoor theme park(which actually kind of sucks beyond the fact that it is indoors).

    That brings up something though, how in the world does Vegas not have a Six Flags or something on the outskirts somewhere? Just L.A. and all its theme parks being too close?
    This summer we are getting a new wet and wild and some other waterpark.

  11. #26
    Premium Member Vermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Set twerking dizzy.
    Posts
    5,424
    Total Rep Points
    12468
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    My wife is always on some vegas family site. Ill pass along when I speak to her later on.

  12.  

     

  13. #27
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Posts
    31,453
    Total Rep Points
    44291
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    We went to one once--the Mall of America. It was superloud because all of the screaming bounces off the walls right back at you. How loud is Adventuredome?
    If you hate noise, you'll love Vegas!
    #lol

  14. #28
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Posts
    31,453
    Total Rep Points
    44291
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I've wondered the same and have always been told that anything 'family' eventually fails in LV.

    I, for one, think an NBA franchise would prosper. It's a big enough city, but with 50MM people visiting each year from all over the country/world, it seems it would be merchandising hit and would be a cool diversion from the casinos during a 4day'r.
    4 days in Vegas???

    You sick *******.

    UGLI wouldn't live to tell the tale.

    OKok. If you count Getting there Friday night and leaving Monday morning as a 4 day'r then Ive done it. On that trip I never changed clothes.
    #lol

  15. #29
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,438
    Total Rep Points
    27042
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    4 days in Vegas???

    You sick *******.

    UGLI wouldn't live to tell the tale.

    OKok. If you count Getting there Friday night and leaving Monday morning as a 4 day'r then Ive done it. On that trip I never changed clothes.
    I agree. After 36 hours I have to get out while I am still breathing.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  16. #30
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    5,312
    Total Rep Points
    6572
    Rep Adjustment Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    We went to one once--the Mall of America. It was superloud because all of the screaming bounces off the walls right back at you. How loud is Adventuredome?
    Same deal basically. I've never been to Mall of America's, but it looks better than the Adventure Dome via a quick google image search look. Probably should cross the dome off the list of potentials.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •