Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Whatever you do don't smile. The Jazz won and if you ever smile again the Jazz will never win again.
    crap i did not smile.
    dammit ened a time machine now.

ooh well we will get high lotery picks if we never win again
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cowhide View Post
    I can't believe people are complaining about the shot selection. It went in who cares about who shot the ball or what type of shot it was. You guys sound like soccer fans who whine about how a team wins a game. In the end a win is a win!!! I don't care if it is pretty or not!!!!
    Looking at the last play again, it looks like Hayward was going to set a pick, but stoped and disengaged before Mo could do anything. It kinda looked like he was forced into that shot by Hayward, and thinking about it, if he drives, he probably gets forced into a really bad shot, and the refs weren't going to call a foul at the last second of a tie game. Instead he was patient, gathered himself sized up the shot and drained a clutch shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    he joked in the post game interview about never taking a charge again cus it hurts.

yeah great going big fat al.

don't joke about not playing defense
    what!! It's a joke. He laughed the reporters laughed, get over yourself

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Don't bother with Dutch. Win or Lose the only thing he's rooting for is for Al to have a bad game.

Anyway I'll probally have the Millsap highlights up by tomorrow morning.

I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Looking at the last play again, it looks like Hayward was going to set a pick, but stoped and disengaged before Mo could do anything. It kinda looked like he was forced into that shot by Hayward, and thinking about it, if he drives, he probably gets forced into a really bad shot, and the refs weren't going to call a foul at the last second of a tie game. Instead he was patient, gathered himself sized up the shot and drained a clutch shot.
    Watch the interviews on nba.com. They wanted a Mo iso. With 6.7 seconds left, they wanted to make sure they could get a shot that wasn't rushed. Mo took his time, created a little separation and stepped into his shot.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The thing about running a play in that time, what if the play gets the player an open shot, but 3 seconds are left? He makes a 2 pointer, then the Spurs come down a nail a 3 on us? You have to make sure you get the very last second shot, and the easiest way to do that is with an iso.
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Purch View Post
    Don't bother with Dutch. Win or Lose the only thing he's rooting for is for Al to have a bad game.

Anyway I'll probally have the Millsap highlights up by tomorrow morning.
    Or maybe i'm more concerned with the bigge picture
    And not just 1 game
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Great game. I was critical of Hayward on Sunday for his 1 rebound performance. My guess is the coaching staff got after him too, or his girlfriend was in town again last night because he looked terrific. The Spurs shut him down in the playoffs so it was double good to see him do well.

Kudos to Jefferson for taking that charge, Blair is not a small man. I'm okay with Al joking about it after the game.

Good call by Coach Ty, Mo wins it or it goes to overtime. Maybe Ty is learning clock management and end of game scenarios.
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Regarding the Issues with Al - i think that charge he took from blair was great. Blair "malone'd" him by just running him over. Give Big Al some huge credit for that. A number of games ago, i was trying to focus on big Al's D. And he is showing MUCH better on PnR D than ever before. I think he now truly believes he doesn't have to save him self as the only offensive weapon on the team. Mark this down and watch if going forward. Big Al had a good game.

Regarding Hayward- it appears that he's been asked to "just play ball man" and it is ok to shoot when you touch it. Since he's been coming of the bench he's bordered on chucker territory - because the coach has told him to - to help him realize his potential. he get's blocked a lot at the rim. So what. He's been been at it aggressively now for a while. And Playing a playoff-level game, performing well and winning last night helped GH a lot - but it came as a result of the last 10 or so of him letting loose.

Some sort of magic elixir was put in the Jazz'z pregame meals a few games ago. The first of the season, there was near-zero offensive flow. Now, it is fun to watch and fun to cheer for. Because we like to draw conclusions from one variable, i'll just say it appears to have occurred when Favors went out. It must be DF the black hole.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Harcher View Post
    Regarding the Issues with Al - i think that charge he took from blair was great. Blair "malone'd" him by just running him over. Give Big Al some huge credit for that. A number of games ago, i was trying to focus on big Al's D. And he is showing MUCH better on PnR D than ever before. I think he now truly believes he doesn't have to save him self as the only offensive weapon on the team. Mark this down and watch if going forward. Big Al had a good game.
    Don't know if any one caught it but Al got burned on Duncan/Parker PNR in the 3rd and Mo Williams snapped at him. That might have woke him up a bit.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Maybe Mo is the leader we needed after all.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Great game. I was critical of Hayward on Sunday for his 1 rebound performance. My guess is the coaching staff got after him too, or his girlfriend was in town again last night because he looked terrific. The Spurs shut him down in the playoffs so it was double good to see him do well.

Kudos to Jefferson for taking that charge, Blair is not a small man. I'm okay with Al joking about it after the game.

Good call by Coach Ty, Mo wins it or it goes to overtime. Maybe Ty is learning clock management and end of game scenarios.
    I totally forgot about Hayward's abysmal performance in the Playoffs against this team. It makes his performance that much better!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Pop sure threw Danny Green under the bus. Maybe we can trade Roger Braille for him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzfan1971 View Post
    Maybe Mo is the leader we needed after all.
    He's a good player. Seems to be playing more in control. He can hit the big time shot, so why not let him go iso.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by homeytennis View Post
    Pop sure threw Danny Green under the bus. Maybe we can trade Roger Braille for him.
    What did he say about Danny Green?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlnstall View Post
    Millsap looked like more of an all star than Jefferson. And Hayward looked like the guy we want when we drafted him. Very excited about Gordons play last night. Marvin Williams was kinda dissapointing. Overall though...fantastic game, so glad I was there

When isn't Marvin Williams a let down? I really wanted him to flourish here. He just doesn't make enough plays, and is sometimes invisable on the court
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN