Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Lol I saw all of those. Gotta love Spurstalk. It seems they hate Blair as much if not more then some on here hate Al.
    atleast pop becnhed blair after the 1st qtr
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Marvin is a good player who doesn't really have any interest in being great. He is ok playing with just being a team player, which is good, but also kind of sucks because his talent level suggest he should be able to be more.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    atleast pop becnhed blair after the 1st qtr
    That's because Blair isn't close to as good a player as Al is.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

I thought this play was one of the most impressive in the game. I don't know if even prime AK could make this block, he never had that hang time or body control.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post

I thought this play was one of the most impressive in the game. I don't know if even prime AK could make this block, he never had that hang time or body control.

I think that is part of the problem brown, he CAN do stuff like this but rarely does.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    He may be average and too passive at times, but I like his defense, he can knock down a 3 with some consistency, and frankly, even if he's a bit overpaid he's such a massive upgrade over CJ.
    True

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I think that is part of the problem brown, he CAN do stuff like this but rarely does.
    He doesn't create offense hardly ever but plays good to great D all the time, and in that regard will be extremely valuable playing against teams that go small or have a huge SF.

I kind of hope he doesn't get much better offensively so we can extend this guy for less than 6m.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Trying to find AK block highlights but I know AK could and has done much more the that block, here is just an overall hightlight

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thanks. Still don't think AK replicates that particular play.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My problem with Marvin Williams isn't his stats, but his salary. To be making just over 8 million I'd expect more than 9 points a game, 3 rebounds and 1 assist. He plays good D, but for him to be making 8 million for his stats is what makes me not a big fan

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawlnstall View Post
    My problem with Marvin Williams isn't his stats, but his salary. To be making just over 8 million I'd expect more than 9 points a game, 3 rebounds and 1 assist. He plays good D, but for him to be making 8 million for his stats is what makes me not a big fan
    To me his salary isn't an issue because ATL signed him to it and the Jazz just traded for him out of need. I could see him being a part of a future bench role with spot starting type role for a little more then half of what he makes currently.... Well as it stands now anyway, providing he doesn't start playing consistently better before then.

So overall he is a net positive and seems like a good guy to have around and would be worth having in the future albeit at a reduced price tag.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    He doesn't create offense hardly ever but plays good to great D all the time, and in that regard will be extremely valuable playing against teams that go small or have a huge SF.

I kind of hope he doesn't get much better offensively so we can extend this guy for less than 6m.
    Jazz need to utilize him better. That's one of the things I hate about Ty. I think he should be calling plays to get more involved, instead of just dropping it down to Al (and having Jefferson turn straight into a double team). Williams is a very good shooter, but many games he's just a forgotten man out there. At least he's not complaining about his lack of touches on the offensive end, unlike other SF's we've had. He'll probably opt in for next season; I don't see him getting a better offer as a FA, unless he wants a lesser amount per year, but something for multiple seasons.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    Jazz need to utilize him better. That's one of the things I hate about Ty. I think he should be calling plays to get more involved, instead of just dropping it down to Al (and having Jefferson turn straight into a double team). Williams is a very good shooter, but many games he's just a forgotten man out there. At least he's not complaining about his lack of touches on the offensive end, unlike other SF's we've had. He'll probably opt in for next season; I don't see him getting a better offer as a FA, unless he wants a lesser amount per year, but something for multiple seasons.
    There are only so many shots to go around. Maybe moving Marvin to the bench would be good,? But then you lose his floor spacing for the starting unit, which is it's biggest strength.