Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Total Rep Points
    -21
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0

    Kanter/Carroll and Mo Williams

    I saw the Lakers game last night.

    Kanter and Carroll have brought an attitude that the Jazz sorely have need.

    Carroll reminds me of Dennis Rodman. He brings energy + attitude
    and he must be working on his shot because he is shooting the ball
    very well.

    Kanter was a beast. In a couple of years is it that outlandish to think
    that Kanter will be better than Dwight Howard?

    Mo Williams is very talented---very speedy, great dribbler and a good
    shooter both in half court sets and at the free throw line. In my view
    though the key to this team's success is not Williams aforementioned
    talents as an individual but can he be a distributor and get the ball to
    others. Earlier in the year I was disappointed in his ability to do so.
    He would make bounce passes that were kicked/deflected and at times
    especially at the end of games he was looking for his own shot---I think
    he has been better in this regard lately---we will see if it continues.

  2. #2
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,846
    Total Rep Points
    51248
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I agree with the extreme energy, humility, and fight.

    Carroll's no Rodman, but I agree with your point.
    #dumptruckin

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    213
    Total Rep Points
    315
    Rep Adjustment Power
    17
    Yes it is outlandish to think Kanter could be better than a "HEALTHY" Dwight Howard. They are in different stratospheres athletically. However, Kanter showed with his workout regiment this off season that he has the ability to become a max effort kind of guy, which means he will get the most of his talent through hard work... and with an already good touch as a big he is starting to scratch the surface of what he could become. Perhaps a poor mans Kevin Love, a rich mans Chris Kaman ... Sounds about right.

    Mo Williams I like but I like him in an end of his contract kind of way. Do I want to resign him for 3 or 4 years at $8M per... NO! Could I stand a one or two year deal at $6-7M... yes.

    Carrol they should have signed to the Jeremy Evans type deal in the off season... by the end of the season we might regret not getting him on a smaller deal.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Cy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    28,971
    Total Rep Points
    19962
    Rep Adjustment Power
    88
    Carroll reminds me of your typical Spurs player. Not a shooter, but manages good %, hustles, plays smart, defends hard.
    :^D

  5. #5
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    18,418
    Total Rep Points
    42836
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Carroll reminds me of your typical Spurs player. Not a shooter, but manages good %, hustles, plays smart, defends hard.
    True... he seems to be changing into a shooter right before our eyes however

    I still cringe when he shoots 3's or long 2's, but he usually seems to be making them lately.....not sure if he can keep it up though.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,488
    Total Rep Points
    7861
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by delpotro View Post
    I saw the Lakers game last night.

    Kanter and Carroll have brought an attitude that the Jazz sorely have need.

    Carroll reminds me of Dennis Rodman. He brings energy + attitude
    and he must be working on his shot because he is shooting the ball
    very well.

    Kanter was a beast. In a couple of years is it that outlandish to think
    that Kanter will be better than Dwight Howard?

    Mo Williams is very talented---very speedy, great dribbler and a good
    shooter both in half court sets and at the free throw line. In my view
    though the key to this team's success is not Williams aforementioned
    talents as an individual but can he be a distributor and get the ball to
    others. Earlier in the year I was disappointed in his ability to do so.
    He would make bounce passes that were kicked/deflected and at times
    especially at the end of games he was looking for his own shot---I think
    he has been better in this regard lately---we will see if it continues.
    he is 8th in the league in assists. Seems he's doing just fine at distribution.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,365
    Total Rep Points
    7682
    Rep Adjustment Power
    43
    Someone mentioned that Kanter could be a poor man's Kevin Love. I would say as a rebounder maybe. In every other aspect, I think Kanter can equal or surpass Love. Just the fact that Kanter defends...

  8. #8
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,846
    Total Rep Points
    51248
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Someone mentioned that Kanter could be a poor man's Kevin Love. I would say as a rebounder maybe. In every other aspect, I think Kanter can equal or surpass Love. Just the fact that Kanter defends...
    I stand corrected. I was under the impression that everything you say is negative. Obviously I was wrong.
    #dumptruckin

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,365
    Total Rep Points
    7682
    Rep Adjustment Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I stand corrected. I was under the impression that everything you say is negative. Obviously I was wrong.
    What are you taking about? I don't think I've ever really bagged on Kanter.

  10. #10
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    47,846
    Total Rep Points
    51248
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    What are you taking about? I don't think I've ever really bagged on Kanter.
    I said I was wrong.. was I wrong?
    #dumptruckin

  11. #11
    Senior Member Chris-L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    yamming. hard.
    Posts
    6,321
    Total Rep Points
    15142
    Rep Adjustment Power
    63
    ^lol

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,365
    Total Rep Points
    7682
    Rep Adjustment Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I said I was wrong.. was I wrong?
    Oh, no, I was just wondering what gave you that impression. I LOATHE Al...maybe you just recently read a lot of my posts on him. I was just curious, that's all.

  13.  

     

  14. #13
    Senior Member Tarkanian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Turkey currently
    Posts
    1,042
    Total Rep Points
    4181
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by green View Post
    Someone mentioned that Kanter could be a poor man's Kevin Love. I would say as a rebounder maybe. In every other aspect, I think Kanter can equal or surpass Love. Just the fact that Kanter defends...
    I disagree!
    Kevin Love has a great court vision and very good hands!
    The difference may not be actually that BIG rebounding-wise but Love has finesse Kanter does not have!
    Both are great players, I watched Love when he was in UCLA;
    he started many fast breaks by just giving long and good passes right after he got his D-rebounds!

  15. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    401
    Total Rep Points
    377
    Rep Adjustment Power
    9
    Carroll is an ultimate hustle player, always gives max energy and effort, I love the guy even though he isn't the best shooter, although it is getting better. I love Mo as our PG compared to Devon Harris. Mo brings a lot of hustle to our game. And as far as Kanter goes...I love the guy. I wish Corbin would just give this guy some consistent minutes and let him develop.

  16. #15
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    9,813
    Total Rep Points
    20915
    Rep Adjustment Power
    84
    Kanter and Favors are both playing good enough that the front office can actually consider trading either Paul or Al without a sacrifice to our season!!
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •