Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why doesnt Kanter shoot 3s?

I was watching some of this guys highlights on youtube, he seems to be a good outside shooter for a center. Every now and than when he sets picks if he decided to roll out maybe the defense would need to open up the center if he knocks down those shots. This would leave more motion in the paint- cutting etc, What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by IUhoosiers View Post
    I was watching some of this guys highlights on youtube, he seems to be a good outside shooter for a center. Every now and than when he sets picks if he decided to roll out maybe the defense would need to open up the center if he knocks down those shots. This would leave more motion in the paint- cutting etc, What do you guys think?
    maybe cus he is not allowed by the coaches.
    or there are no set offenses where he gets to shoot the 3
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Give him time. Eventually he will

I doubt the coaches want him to be doing that right now. Maybe he will in a few years, which would be totally sick, btw. Has there ever been a big that was a bully down low and could shoot 3's?
    #May be

He can, and maybe eventually he will. The problem is that if he is to rebound the ball, he needs to be in or near the paint, so shooting threes puts him out of position. He isn't Memo, he doesn't play like Memo, and I'm glad.

Maybe in a pinch when the clock is running dry he'll get one in.

Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    I doubt the coaches want him to be doing that right now. Maybe he will in a few years, which would be totally sick, btw. Has there ever been a big that was a bully down low and could shoot 3's?
    Bill Laimbeer was a bully and had some range on his shot.
    (though did not try much 3's if I am not mistaken)
    (throughout his career, his 3 percentage is .326)

How bout he learns to shoot FT's first? The he can tackle mid-range. Then, maybe if he perfects those things, he can move onto the 3 pointer.
    'Merican League Consensus (kind of) PWR RANKS

12) Goose

Maybe because he's better under the basket grabbing rebounds and getting higher % shots for a guy his size??

Hoosiers .. sheesh..
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    How bout he learns to shoot FT's first? The he can tackle mid-range. Then, maybe if he perfects those things, he can move onto the 3 pointer.
    Still stuck on 3rd base, huh? Keep providing alcohol and lying you'll get there, promise.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Maurice Lucas of the Trailblazers Championship team might qualify but though he did take a lot of jumpers, I looked him up and he rarely took a 3. But that was back in the day before teams took a lot of threes. And believe it or not, he's only listed at 215, but he had to be bigger than that. He was a broad-shouldered and barrel-chested guy who was 6-9 at least.

Sabonis in his prime

NBA players do not have metamorphoses very often (thank you spell check). Kanter has so far shown that he can be a wrecking ball on O and D, rebound, has promise from midrange, and is extremely motivated to win.

Why would you want to pull this guy away from the paint? If he can hit great but his value will never be maximized by drawing out a defender.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

dude was not allowed for even shooting mid range in the first half of his rook season. I don't expect that 3 pt come into his game before his 5th year or so. although he is easily a 3 pt shooter big man.

well at least from time to time would be good. ty should allow him that bit.

I still think that Kanter's biggest problem, by FAR at this point is overthinking the game and moving slowly as a result. Giving him more options is not necessarily a good thing at this point when he finally seems to be figuring out a couple of things he is legitimately very good at.

Maybe in time, but even then unless he's really a great three point shooter it's just as valuable to step out to the freethrow line or on the baseline.

He can shoot it, i have doubts about its consistency though.. But why waste a great off. rebounder on the 3pt lane and let him camp there. I think his max. range should be around 17 foot.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..