Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Defense is not all about effort. It certainly helps. Big Al will still get owned a lot even if he tried harder on defense, but he would get more stops.

Foye plays really hard on defense, but he's just too short to guard elite and/or bigger 2 guards. I'd really like to see Foye play more at the 1. He is a good passer.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Defense is not all about effort. It certainly helps. Big Al will still get owned a lot even if he tried harder on defense, but he would get more stops.

Foye plays really hard on defense, but he's just too short to guard elite and/or bigger 2 guards. I'd really like to see Foye play more at the 1. He is a good passer.

I would like to see more of foye at the 1 as well (just so burks can get regular minutes) but we know it will never happen as long as 2 of our point guards are healthy.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Tinsley is playing well enough to deserve minutes, IMO. We should do him a favor and trade him to a contender. Then, trade Al for the best PG possible.

Start Favors and the D takes a big step forward.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post

That is the main thing that pisses me off about Big Als D. I do not see him trying. If you are trying and jsut not very good I will give you a little leeway because you are trying and you are fighting.

Pisses me off every time I see Al just watch a guy go past him.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    he wont if jeffie is gone.
    without jeffie he is having fun
    break a jef leg
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    That is the main thing that pisses me off about Big Als D. I do not see him trying. If you are trying and jsut not very good I will give you a little leeway because you are trying and you are fighting.

Pisses me off every time I see Al just watch a guy go past him.

Ya at least foul the guy coming down the lane every once in a while and make them earn it from the line.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by addictionary View Post
    no trade needed except for some back up pf and center for kanter and favors when they start. so trade sap and al for something more useful or some money to keep the youngsters at hand after their contract expires OR top 5 pick.
    Personally I'd rather resign Sap and send Big Al on his way.

I think Sap can compliment Kanter and Favors nicely with his range. Maybe that will also bring his hustle back knowing that he is a bigger part of the offensive end.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We still need a go to man.

It's game 7 of the WCF with 2 mins left.

What play are we running?

Who is our go to man?

Miami, New York, LA, San Antonio, OKC, etc all have their "franchise players."

Who is ours? Big Al? Millsap? Foye? Mo? Hayward?

Sorry, but this, "all we need is defense" is crap.

We need defense AND a franchise (offensive) player. We need someone who we can go to in the clutch.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Personally I'd rather resign Sap and send Big Al on his way.

I think Sap can compliment Kanter and Favors nicely with his range. Maybe that will also bring his hustle back knowing that he is a bigger part of the offensive end.
    well as I said I hope he stays. I think of millsap as one of the best players of not only the jazz roster but the entire league. who wouldn't want to have him on their roster? he replied "why wouldn't I?" to the question whether if he wants to keep jazzing on, and I ask "why wouldn't anybody?" to whether if we should have him or not.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So we win against three very bad teams and all of a sudden, all is well in Jazzland? I'm not overly impressed with home wins against Orlando and Toronto. Magic are 8-12 and the Raptors are 4-18!
    And yes, the Lakers are a bad team right now and the Jazz just about gave the game away.

I'd temper my enthusiasm until we see what our record is over the next 10 games. Jazz could EASILY lose 7-8 of them.