Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    There are plenty of homosexuals that have reproduced....
    Only through heterosexual means ........ or science.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Would this statement go against evolution?
    No. In fact, the lack of a purpose to nature is central to evolutionary theory.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by AtheistPreacher View Post
    No. Many -- or even most -- scientists don't see evolution as heading in any kind of direction.

BTW, am I the only one who didn't really understand that article? Could someone explain it to me like I'm ten?
    Epigentic markers are sequences that tell a cell how to change DNA code into protiens. They vary somewhat from person to person, just like DNA. They change, just like DNA. Since both sperm and ovum have these markers, they are inherited. However, my understanding is that it is a very difficult task to determine exactly which markers act on which strands of DNA, and what effect they have.

The article is about a claim that the pattern of homosexuality in many families fits a pattern that would be associated with epigenitic markers, AFAICT.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Epigentic markers are sequences that tell a cell how to change DNA code into protiens. They vary somewhat from person to person, just like DNA. They change, just like DNA. Since both sperm and ovum have these markers, they are inherited. However, my understanding is that it is a very difficult task to determine exactly which markers act on which strands of DNA, and what effect they have.

The article is about a claim that the pattern of homosexuality in many families fits a pattern that would be associated with epigenitic markers, AFAICT.
    Yeah, because a ten-year-old would understand that. :P

Still, I think I understand it better now. Doesn't seem like too major of a revelation -- the evidence already seemed to be saying that that homosexuality arose at least partly from biological factors rather than solely as a product of upbringing. I guess it's nice that we may have discovered the mechanism, but I can't say that I care much.
    "Yeah, I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
    -Nick Van Exel, on defending the Stockton-Malone Pick & Roll