Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

ESPN Insider - Why a Millsap-Gasol trade works

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...au-gasol-trade

If Paul Millsap isn't trying to audition for a Hollywood role, he sure does look the part.

We've heard all sorts of names connected to the Lakers in possible trade talks for Pau Gasol, including Toronto Raptors 7-footer Andrea Bargnani, Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith, Denver Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari, Minnesota Timberwolves forward Derrick Williams and Milwaukee Bucks forward Ersan Ilyasova.

But one name that should pop up more is Millsap, the Utah Jazz big man. There are a few reasons Millsap probably doesn't garner the attention of a player his caliber: 1) He plays in a small market; 2) he's stuck in a logjam of big men in Utah with varying degrees of upside and productivity; and 3) he doesn't have a flashy game (he dunks about once every three games).
    Last edited by Nate505; 12-13-2012 at 01:24 AM. Reason: we only allow a couple paragraphs from a subscription based website

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Are you a freakin' rah-tard? Let's give away three of our bigs (Jefferson, Millsap AND Kanter) for a big who's on the wrong side of 30 and may or may not even care to play another year or two.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No way a trade like this happens. Jazz aren't that stupid to trade 3 or our bigs away for an injured Gasol.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    "no one is itching to play in Salt Lake..." I hate that line of thinking. Any team can get any player if the money is right.

We're not trading Mo "I want to finish my career in Utah" Williams. The Jazz are definitely not going to pull a deal for an aging Gasol, unproven Kemba, Ben Gordon (who has been mediocre at BEST) and Earl Clark (who??). So the Jazz give up most of their starting line up (Jefferson, Millsap, Williams) and a player with huge upside who is starting to play really well (Kanter) to get what exactly?

The only way something like that happened was if the Jazz were getting a sure fire superstar talent. I don't think Kemba is that talent.

Especially since in this scenario, the Lakers get 2 sure fire starters (Millsap, Williams) their "dream backup" (Bell). Charlotte gets starting and backup center help (Jefferson, Kanter). And Utah's centerpiece is Gasol (who is getting slower by the minute) and Kemba (again, unproven PG prospect).

The Jazz could contend for a playoff spot this year, with some growth from within and a trade of probably Millsap and Burks to get a young/decent PG probably go far into the postseason. I don't see why Utah just couldn't swing a deal with Charlotte without the Lakers. Send Burks/Jefferson draft picks for Kemba if that is who they wanted.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Worst trade ever. ESPN jacking off to dreams of Laker sex crimes.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenielsen View Post
    For one, he's healthy, which is no small thing considering the Lakers' bench looks increasingly like a hospital waiting room
    Plucked before the lock.
    No Mediocrity

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    i thought posting these articles was against the wishes of the jazzfanz overlords?
    all i know is i woulda been banned like 3 fiddy times by know if i was OP.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm not sure what's worse: That people have to pay to read this crap, or that someone gets paid to write it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Q: Who would consider this if Kemba was swapped for Hendo and MKG?
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Q: Who would consider this if Kemba was swapped for Hendo and MKG?
    A: Not Charlotte.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mhindy View Post
    A: Not Charlotte.
    You think Kanter is that much worse than MKG?
    They also trade garbage contracts for Jefferson. Pretty damn good deal for them IMO.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenielsen View Post
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...au-gasol-trade

If Paul Millsap isn't trying to audition for a Hollywood role, he sure does look the part.

We've heard all sorts of names connected to the Lakers in possible trade talks for Pau Gasol, including Toronto Raptors 7-footer Andrea Bargnani, Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Smith, Denver Nuggets forward Danilo Gallinari, Minnesota Timberwolves forward Derrick Williams and Milwaukee Bucks forward Ersan Ilyasova.

But one name that should pop up more is Millsap, the Utah Jazz big man. There are a few reasons Millsap probably doesn't garner the attention of a player his caliber: 1) He plays in a small market; 2) he's stuck in a logjam of big men in Utah with varying degrees of upside and productivity; and 3) he doesn't have a flashy game (he dunks about once every three games).
    I give you the Espn product! Barf.
    Last edited by Nate505; 12-13-2012 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Just editing the quote

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So....Jefferson, Milsap, Kanter, Mo, and Bell
    for Gasol and the world's smallest shooting gaurd?

Only the Lindsay Lohan of GMs would do this.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It started out sounding okay, and got more ridiculous the more I read it.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1889&dateline=1332058703

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This isn't even worth discussing.