Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Great win but this changes nothing in the big picture.

Some people are living and dying game to game. I've always looked at the big picture.
    Our team is good, but has a few serious flaws that will prevent it maxing out it's potential.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Real surprised Corbin went with Mo and not Milsap with that last shot. Whatevs. If we'd have lost, everyone would be calling for Corbs head
    Going with Mo also has the chance of placeing a 90% FT shooter on the line.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm digging the tripletts Frank. You got their phone number?
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyD View Post
    I still despise Al's play. Can't wait for next year.

Although I think he is getting much better on offense without the ball. He's, of course, a huge liability on defense, but he's becoming less of a liability offensively. Obviously he's a fine offensive player, but he is seemingly becoming better at offense without the ball in his hands on the block (which is the only way he has really known offense to be). He's still not good without the ball, but he has gotten a lot better just this year alone it seems. In his defense however he has not really played a long period of time in an offense where he hasn't been the focal point 24/7 so he's not used to it and would not be expected to be much good in such a role anyhow.

That being said, I still cannot wait for the Jefferson-less Jazz (if it happens I guess)

even though the jaz zown still need to rag on jefferson/jazz.

the first qtr the first 14 shots where jeffy ball and jazz where down 9.
    jefefrson took 7 of the first1 4 shots.

good thing corbin/jazz/jefferson got their head out of their ass and abandoned jeffy black hole ball.

the next 70 shots jeffy took 11.

jeffy blackholism equals loss
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyD View Post
    I still despise Al's play. Can't wait for next year.

Although I think he is getting much better on offense without the ball. He's, of course, a huge liability on defense, but he's becoming less of a liability offensively. Obviously he's a fine offensive player, but he is seemingly becoming better at offense without the ball in his hands on the block (which is the only way he has really known offense to be). He's still not good without the ball, but he has gotten a lot better just this year alone it seems. In his defense however he has not really played a long period of time in an offense where he hasn't been the focal point 24/7 so he's not used to it and would not be expected to be much good in such a role anyhow.

That being said, I still cannot wait for the Jefferson-less Jazz (if it happens I guess)
    I suspect that was his "energy" game for the next month or so: two fast breaks and drawing a charge? He must be exhausted. LOL.

That said, he and the team seem to be getting the knack of playing less black hole b-ball and getting better for it. Now if we could get more minutes for Hayward, Favors, and Kanter we would be in good shape.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Oh man, what a great coach we have, future hall of famer... What amazed me about him at this game he decided to play iso with Mo at last position who missed the last shot via iso play again, (Mo was 2-8 until that last play btw) but luckily we get the rebound and get another chance. But that kind of decisions win the game... at about %10-20 percentages.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    I suspect that was his "energy" game for the next month or so: two fast breaks and drawing a charge? He must be exhausted. LOL.
    At least five fast breaks I saw.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    What amazed me about him at this game he decided to play iso with Mo at last position who missed the last shot via iso play again, ... But that kind of decisions win the game... at about %10-20 percentages.
    What's the surprise? Williams is a good shooter. Why shouldn't he get another try? YOU're not one of those types that believes a "hot hand" is real, are you?

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    What's the surprise? Williams is a good shooter. Why shouldn't he get another try? YOU're not one of those types that believes a "hot hand" is real, are you?
    Yes. Actually i believe bad/good shooting nights, its human nature you can have a bad night on shooting category.. Also i believe in percentages, Mo shoots %360 from downtown and it was a contested shot (over Danny Green), cause it wasn't a sophisticated play and we were lucky that it went in.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Great win but this changes nothing in the big picture.

Some people are living and dying game to game. I've always looked at the big picture.
    Our team is good, but has a few serious flaws that will prevent it maxing out it's potential.
    life, and an nba season, is a journey bro. its not always about the destination.
    if you dont live game by game then you're not gonna have a good time as a nba fan.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    Yes. Actually i believe bad/good shooting nights, its human nature you can have a bad night on shooting category.. Also i believe in percentages, Mo shoots %360 from downtown and it was a contested shot (over Danny Green), cause it wasn't a sophisticated play and we were lucky that it went in.
    The existence of night where a pleyer shoots well, or poorly, is accepted. It is the explanation of the existence of a "hot hand" that I reject. Random chance is more than enough to explain the that players have good and off nights.

I agree it was not a sophisticated play. From what I saw, our sophisticated plays were being pretty well shut down by the Spurs defense, we were really bad in the half-court. However, it's also a low-turnover play, and the absolute worst that happens is an overtime. So while I didn't l;ike it at the time, in retrospect I don't have problem with it.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    The existence of night where a pleyer shoots well, or poorly, is accepted. It is the explanation of the existence of a "hot hand" that I reject. Random chance is more than enough to explain the that players have good and off nights.

I agree it was not a sophisticated play. From what I saw, our sophisticated plays were being pretty well shut down by the Spurs defense, we were really bad in the half-court. However, it's also a low-turnover play, and the absolute worst that happens is an overtime. So while I didn't l;ike it at the time, in retrospect I don't have problem with it.
    That would make sense if we were robots.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Real surprised Corbin went with Mo and not Milsap with that last shot. Whatevs. If we'd have lost, everyone would be calling for Corbs head
    And then the team lays an egg vs. Phoenix.

Changes need to be made. I'm not 100% sold on Ty, but I don't blame him 100%, either. KOC/Lindsey need to make some hard decisions. IMO, Jefferson needs to go. And everyone else is up for sale if the offer is right. Hayward's inconsistency is maddening. And Favors might develop, but I wouldn't count on him ever being a dominant, perennial all-star.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    And then the team lays an egg vs. Phoenix.

Changes need to be made. I'm not 100% sold on Ty, but I don't blame him 100%, either. KOC/Lindsey need to make some hard decisions. IMO, Jefferson needs to go. And everyone else is up for sale if the offer is right. Hayward's inconsistency is maddening. And Favors might develop, but I wouldn't count on him ever being a dominant, perennial all-star.

Im not 100% against ty and dont believe he should be fired or anything and think he might improve enough to be an ok coach.... however the way he handles the talented youth on this team, especially the burks situation, is horrible.
    Hayward gets the most minutes of any of our young lotto picks and there is a good chance that his ceiling is the lowest of the 4.
    Burks needs to get some playing time.... his skillset is so unique for our team that corbin needs to find a way to use it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    I think everyone who has been calling for Ty's head and calling for the young guys to start are starting to see that maybe coach knows what he is doing. The truth is we would be a mess if we benched Al, Sap, and someone else to start Favors, Kanter and Burks. They just arent ready.
    oh Hack....
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN