Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mobi Win Kenobi

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    now that we are winning, the "balanced" and "fair" among us will proudly proclaim that Corbin has had nothing to do with any under-achievements. ...right...

If the past four games are in indication of something, it may be that Corbin is figuring a few things out. Increasing everybody's role in the offense is a good idea.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    Thats a wide open three as announcer said and you better take it with 2 sec left.

Give this team a credit, we are a good team, we have maybe the best bench of the league, with that material you should win games thats not a surprise. And this win is not on Corbin. If Big Al didnt rest for Raptors game we would probably lose this one. Cause that game showed that moving the ball and involving everyone to the offense is so important, especially against teams like Spurs. And as Big Al said at his interview after Spurs game "I watched them move the ball all around at Raptors game, setting open shots, i said to myself when i comeback i will keep it like that." Corbin didnt do anything about fixing that static, Big Al based unpleasant offense. That could win games for you against teams like Wizards, Rockets but not against Spurs or Thunder.

Now we're playing.. Eye-pleasing bbal, including Big Al but Corbin didn't do something extra, its all about Big Al's backache, ironic but thats true.
    Cool story bro.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    now that we are winning, the "balanced" and "fair" among us will proudly proclaim that Corbin has had nothing to do with any under-achievements. ...right...

If the past four games are in indication of something, it may be that Corbin is figuring a few things out. Increasing everybody's role in the offense is a good idea.
    Maybe it's just the fact the Jazz added 3 major pieces to the line-up during the off-season? It takes time, you can't expect them to be completely gelled by the start of the season.
    :^D

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Maybe it's just the fact the Jazz added 3 major pieces to the line-up during the off-season? It takes time, you can't expect them to be completely gelled by the start of the season.
    Mo is a "big" piece. Foye and Marvin's names have no business being next to the word "major". And, yeah, I'd expect them to hit highway speeds before the season is 25% over...
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Mo is a "big" piece. Foye and Marvin's names have no business being next to the word "major". And, yeah, I'd expect them to hit highway speeds before the season is 25% over...
    They combine for 53 mpg and they are both starters and our best 3pt shooters, I would call those major pieces.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You are trying to compare a play that has 2 sec left on the clock with one that had 6 or more. The Stockton shot was a play that had several options it just happened that Stock got open and even stepped up to get a better shot. Mo dribbled out the clock and took a tough shot with a defender on him (granted not very well defended). Stock's shot was probably 45% chance of going in. Mo's shot would probably be 30ish. With 6 sec I would try and run a cut or drive and dish. With 2 sec I would have been fine with Mo's shot.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    They combine for 53 mpg and they are both starters and our best 3pt shooters, I would call those major pieces.
    Are semantics fun? What will we get for these major pieces (Foye, Marv) when neither are on the team past next year's trade deadline? I'm assuming a few #1 picks.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadrys30 View Post
    You are trying to compare a play that has 2 sec left on the clock with one that had 6 or more. The Stockton shot was a play that had several options it just happened that Stock got open and even stepped up to get a better shot. Mo dribbled out the clock and took a tough shot with a defender on him (granted not very well defended). Stock's shot was probably 45% chance of going in. Mo's shot would probably be 30ish. With 6 sec I would try and run a cut or drive and dish. With 2 sec I would have been fine with Mo's shot.
    Not to mention that Stockton went on a scoring rampage in the 4th of that game and was on fire. No better person to take that shot in that game. Compared to mo who was off all night and its a big difference

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Are semantics fun? What will we get for these major pieces (Foye, Marv) when neither are on the team past next year's trade deadline? I'm assuming a few #1 picks.
    You don't to be an All-Star to be a major pieces. I can call them "key role-players" if that makes you feel more comfortable.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Holy ****. I'm as bi-polar as they come but this board is ****ing beyond ludicrous. We beat a God awful Lakers' team (right now anyway) and won a game at home at the buzzer and all of a sudden we're playing great ball and on our way to a championship.

We won't even win 50 games, won't get out of the first round, the Warriors will end up with a better record than us, and we'll re-sign Ty to a two-year extension, folks.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We will win 51 games as presently constituted. That'll get us a date with the Grizz, and we will be a tough out.

All this changes if a trade happens.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Holy ****. I'm as bi-polar as they come but this board is ****ing beyond ludicrous. We beat a God awful Lakers' team (right now anyway) and won a game at home at the buzzer and all of a sudden we're playing great ball and on our way to a championship.

We won't even win 50 games, won't get out of the first round, the Warriors will end up with a better record than us, and we'll re-sign Ty to a two-year extension, folks.
    How much you wanna bet we win 50 games, and Steph Curry goes down for another Warriors tankfest??
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    How much you wanna bet we win 50 games, and Steph Curry goes down for another Warriors tankfest??
    $50 per bet. You win both, you get $100, I win both, I get $100. A split and it's a wash. PP is my preferred method of transaction.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

But you agree that if Millsap plays like an MVP and Hayward like he doesn't belong in the d-league that the Jazz could be contenders, right?
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    $50 per bet. You win both, you get $100, I win both, I get $100. A split and it's a wash. PP is my preferred method of transaction.
    #lol