Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Senior Member Beantown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look outside your window
    Posts
    6,932
    Rep Power
    37
    Rep Level
    6234

    What if Mo missed that shot....

    ....and then the Jazz lose in OT....Mo would have been slammed in the media and us and all other fans would be calling for his head!


    That one shot I think really impacted the season. I think it will bring the team closer together and a big emotional win to build on.


    I might be a little over dramatic but that shot going in will have huge impact on the season....just as much if it didn't go in.
    GVC'S thoughts on the Jazz drafting Hayward......

    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Why not just buy a late 1st and draft Luke Babbitt? Better Body, better basketball skills, better athleticism...

  2. #2
    Senior Member Darkwing Duck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,241
    Rep Power
    31
    Rep Level
    4497
    What if Beantown left Jazzfanz?

    That one move would impact the season. It would bring the site closer together and a big emotional "win" to build on.


    Quote Originally Posted by negative reputation giver
    youre inquires are tiresome

  3. #3
    Premium Member Twin Towers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,597
    Rep Power
    25
    Rep Level
    2889
    I hated the shot to begin with but sometimes a players confidence makes a bigger impact than a play that could be drawn up.

    Hopefully it doesn't go to Mo's head. But in the mean time. WAHOOO!!!!!!





    "The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team." - John Wooden

  4. #4
    In Pursuit of #PKM UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    30,713
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    41592
    The fact he made it doesn't change the fact that it was retarded and he was in Mobe Bryant mode down the stretch.

    That said, I dgiaf how dumb it was, I'll celebrate that it went in.

    I'm celebratin tonight Jazzfanz! Woooooo!
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

  5. #5
    In pursuit of #9 PKM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    45,642
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    44714
    Straw?
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

    The confusion...

    ---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

  6. #6
    In Pursuit of #PKM UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    30,713
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    41592
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Straw?
    Had to dust off my "special occasions" straw for tonights win.

    #OnlyPostsHashtags

  7. #7
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,432
    Rep Power
    65
    Rep Level
    15307
    I'm really worried about a let down game against the Suns. I hope that a win like this can change the season for the better but I have a bad feeling about the Suns game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  8. #8
    In Pursuit of #PKM UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    30,713
    Rep Power
    150
    Rep Level
    41592
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    I'm really worried about a let down game against the Suns. I hope that a win like this can change the season for the better but I have a bad feeling about the Suns game.
    Is the suns game tomorrow?
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

  9.  

     

  10. #9
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,432
    Rep Power
    65
    Rep Level
    15307
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Is the suns game tomorrow?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  11. #10
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    9,442
    Rep Power
    45
    Rep Level
    8694
    I personally don't think that the fans or media would be "slamming" him excessively. It's not like anyone really expected this game to be close let alone a win for us.

    besides, anyone not named Kobe, Lebron, KD, Melo, Dwill, CP3, and maybe Harden would be bashed for missing that shot anyway. Why should Mo be above criticism?

    Look at how often Lebron, Dwade, Melo, and Kobe are bashed. They're always criticized for being too selfish or unselfish. Remember how much Lebron was criticized after he passed to a wide open Udonis Haslem last year and he missed what should have been the game winner? Just today people on ESPN were questioning Kobe and if he's shooting too much. Huh? Has anyone seen that roster? Their best chance of winning is for Kobe to go off. He should shoot at least 100 times per game. Do they really expect Dwight to develop a post game or begin making half of his free throws? Bahahaha! Get real! He's a poor man's Tyson Chandler.

    Melo? It depends on each game. Last night he was the man against Brooklyn. But if the Knicks lay an egg against someone like Washington, you'll hear cries on how Melo is just a stat stuffer.

    In reality, they're 100x better than anyone on our team. Yes, even Melo folks. You're talking about a MVP candidate (sadly).
    Lakers Suck.

  12. #11
    Senior Member Cyrone Torbin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    26,015
    Rep Power
    63
    Rep Level
    12625
    I don't like that play if we are trying to tie, but we wanted to ensure that we had the last possession and the best way to do that is in isolation plays that require no passing.

  13. #12
    Senior Member carolinajazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,640
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    -485
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post

    That one shot I think really impacted the season. I think it will bring the team closer together and a big emotional win to build on.

    ...yeah, pencil us in for the Finals! Second thought, write it in ink.

  14. #13
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,630
    Rep Power
    33
    Rep Level
    5352
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin Towers View Post
    Did you see when Mo hit the game winner how Jefferson's first reaction wasn't to run to his team - he turned to the fans and acknowledged the crowd.

    Jefferson gets a lot of crap on this board and at least 75% of it is deserved; but that was a cool move you don't see very often by an athlete from any era.

  15. #14
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    20,395
    Rep Power
    91
    Rep Level
    23229
    To hell with you all! Mo for Prophet and Hayward is his God.
    #BelieveInLindsey

  16. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,082
    Rep Power
    0
    Rep Level
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    ....and then the Jazz lose in OT....Mo would have been slammed in the media and us and all other fans would be calling for his head!


    That one shot I think really impacted the season. I think it will bring the team closer together and a big emotional win to build on.


    I might be a little over dramatic but that shot going in will have huge impact on the season....just as much if it didn't go in.
    Agreed.

    I thought it was a horrible play and everybody on the team was shooting well EXCEPT Mo.

    I told my son b4 the play that anyone but Mo should have the play called for them.

    I did not like Mo's last 2 shots at all. I am happy we won, but that was a horrible play call with 7 seconds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •