Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    The Clippers tanked for years and years and it didn't help too much until they traded for CP3.
    How did they get Paul? And yes Griffin, Jordan, Bledsoe is not helping at all.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Two types of tanking.

1. Tanking one year at a time with only one pick each year, hoping you nail it each time.

2. Tanking when you already have 4 great prospects, multiple upcoming picks, and nice veterans that you can trade for more picks, all the while increasing your chances ten fold that you can build a really good team because you have a lot of talent all at once, not just one maybe per year.

Big difference. Number 2 is what jazzfanz pro tankers had in mind. All that plus you give your young guys plenty of burn.

Oh well. Too late now. Its in the past.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Are you sure?
    Very.

The Clippers had some awesome stretches of draft stinkers.

From '98 to '02, they drafted first, fourth, third, and second. Landing the Kandiman, Odom, Chadler, and Darius freaking Miles.

Four top four picks in a row and it lead to what? More lottery. I won't even get into the core they could've had built in those 4 drafts.

Then you have the 85-89 stretch. They picked third, fourth, first, and second. Almost identical to above, except they didn't have a first round pick in '86. That year, they would've had the number one pick, but they traded it for Kobe's dad 7 years ago.

Anyway, they took Benoit Benjamin, Reggie Williams, Danny Manning, and Danny Ferry. I'll concede that Manning was a hell of a player when healthy, but the players they could've had? Could've drafted a core of Malone, Pippen, Mitch Richmond and Tim Hardaway. Their number 1 pick in 1986 turned out to be Brad Daugherty. These five guys were basically the 1992 All-NBA first team.

Clippers are dumb. And I mean dumb. Not like other teams who occasionally make dumb moves, but like stick your wet fingers into a socket dumb.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCamjazzfan View Post
    I was hoping for a good mid to late lotto pick to get the top pg prospect but I'm afraid the jazz and warriors might both slip out of the lottery
    I still think this could happen. Let's say we get the 14th pick from GSW (optimistic right now, but certainly within possibility considering how injury prone they are). Well, how many teams in the lottery actually need a PG? Even if there is a PG that is considered BPA, I can see plenty of teams passing on him to get a talented player at a position of need. Let's take a look at the current lottery standings and the chances they would take a PG.

1. Washington - Wall
    2. Toronto - Lowry
    3. Cleveland - Irving
    4. New Orleans - Vasquez
    5. Detroit - Knight
    6. Phoenix - Dragic/Marshall
    7. Sacramento - Brooks/Evans/Fredette
    8. Charlotte - Walker
    9. Orlando - Nelson
    10. Lakers - Nash
    11. Portland - Lillard
    12. Houston - Lin
    13. Denver - Lawson

I can only see a few teams here taking a PG in the lottery, especially since most of those teams who might (New Orleans, Toronto, Detroit) will likely be top-5 and there is no chance a PG will be taken that high, anyway. Orlando seems like the biggest threat to taking the best PG.

We'll just have to hope Curry and company get injured and give us a pick at 13/14. If that happens, I think we have a reasonable shot to get the best PG, even if he's considered top 10 on most teams' boards.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    I still think this could happen. Let's say we get the 14th pick from GSW (optimistic right now, but certainly within possibility considering how injury prone they are). Well, how many teams in the lottery actually need a PG? Even if there is a PG that is considered BPA, I can see plenty of teams passing on him to get a talented player at a position of need. Let's take a look at the current lottery standings and the chances they would take a PG.

1. Washington - Wall
    2. Toronto - Lowry
    3. Cleveland - Irving
    4. New Orleans - Vasquez
    5. Detroit - Knight
    8. Charlotte - Walker
    9. Orlando - Nelson
    10. Lakers - Nash
    11. Portland - Lillard
    12. Houston - Lin
    13. Denver - Lawson

I can only see a few teams here taking a PG in the lottery, especially since most of those teams who might (New Orleans, Toronto, Detroit) will likely be top-5 and there is no chance a PG will be taken that high, anyway. Orlando seems like the biggest threat to taking the best PG.

We'll just have to hope Curry and company get injured and give us a pick at 13/14. If that happens, I think we have a reasonable shot to get the best PG, even if he's considered top 10 on most teams' boards.
    Nice work Spycam. I see you have been doing your dirty spy work. This is all a good point.

At number 14 The Utah Jazz select Mark is Smart

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I thought they were pretenders with no capable center, but the victory over the Heat has me nervous.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Two types of tanking.

1. Tanking one year at a time with only one pick each year, hoping you nail it each time.

2. Tanking when you already have 4 great prospects, multiple upcoming picks, and nice veterans that you can trade for more picks, all the while increasing your chances ten fold that you can build a really good team because you have a lot of talent all at once, not just one maybe per year.

Big difference. Number 2 is what jazzfanz pro tankers had in mind. All that plus you give your young guys plenty of burn.

Oh well. Too late now. Its in the past.
    Great post!
    Repped.

This is what i have always thought as well.... we would not have been like the warriors, clippers, wizards etc etc cause we were in a whole different situation.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have curry and lee on my fantasy team and they are tearing it up!.... i had barnes (the guy they tanked for) but he has sucked really bad even with brandon rush hurt and getting more minutes so i dropped him.

The tanking of last year isn't really helping them much.... its mostly jarrett jack, curry, and lee that are getting it done for them. (although i was still in the wanting to miss the playoffs camp last year.)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

1. Washington - Wall
    2. Toronto - Lowry
    3. Cleveland - Irving
    4. New Orleans - Vasquez
    5. Detroit - Knight
    8. Charlotte - Walker
    9. Orlando - Nelson
    10. Lakers - Nash
    11. Portland - Lillard
    12. Houston - Lin
    13. Denver - Lawson
    No way Wall and Lowry go before Irving, and Lillard aint falling to 11 either. Other than that pretty solid.
    #lol

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    No way Wall and Lowry go before Irving, and Lillard aint falling to 11 either. Other than that pretty solid.
    Don't doubt my skills, brah.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Sad to be wishing for a Curry injury, but thats kind of where we are at. I still think the league should have fined the teams for tanking and restructure the draft so that the percentages and #'s of balls bouncing is closer after the first pick. But if we draft well we should be fine. I will say no one in this draft really excites me... next year is the draft that has a stud (Wiggins).

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I have curry and lee on my fantasy team and they are tearing it up!.... i had barnes (the guy they tanked for) but he has sucked really bad even with brandon rush hurt and getting more minutes so i dropped him.

The tanking of last year isn't really helping them much.... its mostly jarrett jack, curry, and lee that are getting it done for them. (although i was still in the wanting to miss the playoffs camp last year.)

Dude, you can't just show up on Jazzfanz and post crap like that. If it doesn't follow the the preconceived story line we all have then you'll never get any rep.

and Nice work spycam1
    If the ball doesn't move, you will be on the bench! -DOL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

1. Washington - Wall
    2. Toronto - Lowry
    3. Cleveland - Irving
    4. New Orleans - Vasquez
    5. Detroit - Knight
    8. Charlotte - Walker
    9. Orlando - Nelson
    10. Lakers - Nash
    11. Portland - Lillard
    12. Houston - Lin
    13. Denver - Lawson

Good post. It is worth noting two things, however;

1) There is no great PG in this draft.
    2) Teams are now all aware of the impending PG drought and see them as a highly tradable commodity.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    PG are becoming extinct? We better force a couple of them to mate.

I think Chris Paul and Westbrook would be a good one.

Or

Derrick Rose and Rondo?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Good post. It is worth noting two things, however;

1) There is no great PG in this draft.
    2) Teams are now all aware of the impending PG drought and see them as a highly tradable commodity.
    For sure, my post is under the context there will even be a PG in the lottery. And actually, Michael Carter-Williams is sky rocketing up. ESPN has him at #10, DX at #13.