Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i still have my doubts about golden state. their style of play is such that they'll have good stretches and bad stretches. they're a very jump-shot-reliant team which is fine right now because they're going in, but it only takes one protracted dry spell or one key injury to throw things out of whack again.

plus, i'm just not seeing that many QUALITY wins. ok, they beat miami in miami. aside from that, their most impressive win was probably at clippers. (other wins were @phx, cle, atl, @min, @dal, bkn, min, den, ind, det, @bkn, @was, @cha -- not a lot of sure-fire playoff teams, and a bunch of teams that just flat won't make it.)

they're the hot story right now because they've won 9 of the last 10, but they'll regress to the norm and they'll have some slides yet.

(and yes, i realize that everything i just said could be applied to the jazz, too.)
    check out the jazzbros.com blog for more on the jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by theNBAnerd View Post
    i still have my doubts about golden state. their style of play is such that they'll have good stretches and bad stretches. they're a very jump-shot-reliant team which is fine right now because they're going in, but it only takes one protracted dry spell or one key injury to throw things out of whack again.

plus, i'm just not seeing that many QUALITY wins. ok, they beat miami in miami. aside from that, their most impressive win was probably at clippers. (other wins were @phx, cle, atl, @min, @dal, bkn, min, den, ind, det, @bkn, @was, @cha -- not a lot of sure-fire playoff teams, and a bunch of teams that just flat won't make it.)

they're the hot story right now because they've won 9 of the last 10, but they'll regress to the norm and they'll have some slides yet.

(and yes, i realize that everything i just said could be applied to the jazz, too.)

The Wizards beat the Heat. We beat the Heat. It's not the barometer of a good team. I think teams are just not familiar with the Warriors and what their players are capable of. I think they should probably end up under .500 overall.
    The Jazz play like azz when the J ain't workin'.

I still think we could pry Marshall away from Phoenix. That is what I am hoping for. Say burks then replace him in this draft. Go 2 wings say Goodwin, mitchell or porter. It is loaded with wings

Still feel we have the assets to make a trade at the deadline for a pg, with a combination of Al Burks and draft picks. Other then Bledsoe and Vasquez who else is out there that the Jazz might be interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Still feel we have the assets to make a trade at the deadline for a pg, with a combination of Al Burks and draft picks. Other then Bledsoe and Vasquez who else is out there that the Jazz might be interested in?
    forgot to add Millsap, and with Carroll coming along nicely, might as well add the Wet Bandit and Mo to the list of assets

Quote Originally Posted by Xthren View Post
    I still think we could pry Marshall away from Phoenix. That is what I am hoping for. Say burks then replace him in this draft. Go 2 wings say Goodwin, mitchell or porter. It is loaded with wings
    Dude Marshall has been sucking balls in the D-League. He isn't any good. Thank God we didn't tank out of the playoffs soley to pick him.

Quote Originally Posted by theNBAnerd View Post

Their schedule will get tougher but Atlanta, Brooklyn, Denver and Indiana are pretty good.
    Build a man a fire; keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of this life.

Repeating the same actions and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

I'm not too worried cause shouldn't Mark Jackson be subbing in 4 wing players to finish games and at least 2 of them are career D-league types?

Oh wait you mean he wasn't trying to win those winnable games last year.......... son of a bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Good post. It is worth noting two things, however;

1) There is no great PG in this draft.
    2) Teams are now all aware of the impending PG drought and see them as a highly tradable commodity.
    I don't think we need a great point guard. Sure it would be nice to have one but a decent shooting, super fast pg with good size and dishing skills and a good handle would be great. We have a lot of scoring options so we just a floor general. Mo is doing well now but he is too old

Well, we have to hope GS will have an injury to Lee or Curry and the Lakers put it together once Nash returns (because some team has to move up and knock the W's out of the playoffs if they start to slide).

I guess the good news is GS will have too many wins to tank into the 6th spot if injuries start to happen. It wouldn't be a disaster if they finished as the 8th seed and we got the 15th pick. At least there wouldn't be a chance for them to move into one of the top-3 picks in the lottery. Doesn't the GS pick turn into a couple of 2nd-rounders if we don't get their 1st-rounder this year?

On the bright side, this probably means the Jazz get a couple of solid backups in the draft, but KOC and Lindsey will need to go after a FA or two to really improve the team. They had no problem getting Mo, Marvin and Foye. Let's hope they can bring in another couple of guys to take the Jazz a step further.
    JUST LOSE BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    For sure, my post is under the context there will even be a PG in the lottery. And actually, Michael Carter-Williams is sky rocketing up. ESPN has him at #10, DX at #13.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCamjazzfan View Post
    I don't think we need a great point guard. Sure it would be nice to have one but a decent shooting, super fast pg with good size and dishing skills and a good handle would be great. We have a lot of scoring options so we just a floor general. Mo is doing well now but he is too old
    Good thing we don't need anyone great ... but only possesses those things you described.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

I still think Myck Kabongo will be good. And his stock is pretty low at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Greengiant View Post
    I still think Myck Kabongo will be good. And his stock is pretty low at the moment.
    I'd take the risk in the late teens/early 20's ..

I never thought he was lottery, but he's a guy that could surpass his stock.
    E.J. Wells vs. NAOS

The confusion...

---
    Pre-season mock (7/13/13) - page 111

Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I'd take the risk in the late teens/early 20's ..

I never thought he was lottery, but he's a guy that could surpass his stock.
    Good thing we will have two picks in that range

Kabongo is the answer to all our woes.
    #Hope4Hoiberg #OrOllie