Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Anyone that plays Sap, and Big Al together for extended periods of time is an *******
    Ehhhhh, I would rather Al and Favors start, but I think Al and Sap can complement each other occasionally.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20 my man. Its really easy to say woulda coulda shoulda after the fact.

Come on kenny, during the NO game everyone (except ty) knew to put in favors for defense on the last NO possesion while the game was going on not after the fact.
    Most of us wanted the big 3 lineup all year last year but didn't get it until the season was almost over.
    Most of us wanted bell to either not play at all or al least be getting very few minutes all of last year.
    And most of us have wanted jefferson to be held accountable on defense all along as well.
    None of those thing required hindsight (at least not for me) and all of them should be pretty obvious to a good head coach.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    I think Ty is willing to do defensive substitutions at the end of games after the N.O. disaster. I was so glad that Ty called time out when Millsap got the rebound with 6.4 seconds left in the last game. Sloan would not have done that. He would have let them throw up some crazy hurried shot. I also think that Ty's defensive adjustment on San Antonio showed he is willing to change. He still does things that make me scratch my head, but he is starting to use common sense with his coaching moves. We may not agree with all of Ty's moves, but you can't argue that he isn't trying. I think Ty is a hard worker and it seems like the coaching staff is unified. I just wish he would give Burks more burn.
    Sloan also had Stock and DWill to make good decisions with out a timeout.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ehhhhh, I would rather Al and Favors start, but I think Al and Sap can complement each other occasionally.
    Millsap and Jefferson compliment each other very well when the offense is running good. We tend to forget this because last season was an offensive nightmare with Harris, CJ, Howard, Bell, and even Hayward for 1/2 the season.

These two run high-low pretty efficiently (something I've been calling for more of). Millsap continues to stretch the floor further each season & that only adds to how well they can play together.

Interior defense isn't an issue either when you have competent front court defenders. Jefferson is a great post defender, Millsap is good enough and gets a ton of steals.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    I think Ty is willing to do defensive substitutions at the end of games after the N.O. disaster. I was so glad that Ty called time out when Millsap got the rebound with 6.4 seconds left in the last game. Sloan would not have done that. He would have let them throw up some crazy hurried shot. I also think that Ty's defensive adjustment on San Antonio showed he is willing to change. He still does things that make me scratch my head, but he is starting to use common sense with his coaching moves. We may not agree with all of Ty's moves, but you can't argue that he isn't trying. I think Ty is a hard worker and it seems like the coaching staff is unified. I just wish he would give Burks more burn.
    it looked to me like the timeout was called because spa was doing his best al impression and sitting his fat ass on down.

in all seriousness, i just thought the timeout was called because sap was down on the floor with 6 seconds to go. and time being precious it was a disadvantage playing 4 on 5
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hindsight is 20/20 my man. Its really easy to say woulda coulda shoulda after the fact.
    hindisght?

people where screaming for this way before it happened.
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Anyone that plays Sap, and Big Al together for extended periods of time is an *******
    I guess he's blind to how many times Al got the ball, made a move to his left on the baseline, and was met with an immediate double-team. I think Al got his shot blocked 3 times as the Jazz lost their lead and had a few other misses and TO's down there. A good coach would have called a timeout or taken out Al and had him change his tactics.

Great win for the Jazz, but I'm not ready to say coaching had much to do with it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermin View Post
    What 1 win will do to erase 100 plus poorly coached games. He is a stinker.
    Uh huh.....now what?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hindsight? What are you talking about? There was a significant portion of jazzfanz, if not the majority, suggesting Bell never see a minute of action as it was happening. The big lineup is another - several jazzfanz asking for it and not seeing it until late in the year - it worked, jazzfanz say thank you for finally trying it and then he inexplicably goes away from it this year. Has nothing to do with hindsight, these were things jazzfanz posters were saying live.