Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    Since the Clips debacle Al has been pretty clearly trying way harder on PnR. It doesn't always work, but then again, in the old days an Al that was a force in transition offense and gets 4 assists was a fantasy as well.

The Spurs run PnR with Parker/Duncan as well as anyone in the NBA. Take a look at what we did to them in crunch time. Maybe this is not just an aberration. It's on. Al for AS.
    Your Big Al apologism is cute.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yes... True we have some issues on the road and are inconsistent on defense... I wouldn't say we were completely horrible on defense however, we just need to play with the same defensive intensity for 4 quarters instead of just a couple...

Say what you want... But the Spurs have always had our number and were 11-2 on the road going into that game... It was a big win... Not to mention, it speaks volumes about how our offense has improved as we got down early to this team and were able to come back... That is something we were unable to do to the Spurs last year... Usually when we got down to this team, we were unable to come back...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledXgrandma View Post
    Your Big Al apologism is cute.
    So is your inability or unwillingness to refute any thing Brown notes stated.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledXgrandma View Post
    Haha and we will all be brought back down to earth after a few more road games
    This is my biggest fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanginthere View Post
    Yes... True we have some issues on the road and are inconsistent on defense... I wouldn't say we were completely horrible on defense however, we just need to play with the same defensive intensity for 4 quarters instead of just a couple...

Say what you want... But the Spurs have always had our number and were 11-2 on the road going into that game... It was a big win... Not to mention, it speaks volumes about how our offense has improved as we got down early to this team and were able to come back... That is something we were unable to do to the Spurs last year... Usually when we got down to this team, we were unable to come back...
    The difference: Shooters.

This is why Haywierd is so damn frustrating. Sap this season also to a lesser extent. If those two were consistent then this team would be pretty scrappy & one that nobody would want in the playoffs like Memphis a couple seasons ago.

But they're not, the Jazz are not, & I'm not getting my hopes up for a second round bust.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Im staring to believe in this team more due to the last few wins and our depth.... Memphis will be a huge test and if we win that one then i will be starting to get on the 2nd round of the playoffs bandwagon.
    I will be going to the memphis game (and will be sitting as close i ever have, except for one other time) and i usually only go to games that i think we will win, cause i hate spending lots of money and then leaving unhappy, so i must be starting to believe if im going to a game against such a good team like memphis.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There is a clear difference in how this team is playing now, then they were in the beginning. They are not as bad as a lot people made them out to be earlier. I think a lot of people just dont want to admit they were wrong. Well they werent exactly wrong. It was bad basketball. But wrong in the sense that Corbin is stupid and the team wouldnt go anywhere. I agree with Brown Notes about Al too. He tried harder to defend the pnr against the spurs. Its was definitely noticeable.

That all we really want right? We want to see effort and good understanding how to play. Its coming around. Im excited about it.

Its ok Jazzfanz. Let your guard down. We got a pretty good team. I think its enough to do way better in the playoffs than we did last year. We are about to go on a pretty roll here. I can feel it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ....let's see if they can get past the Suns tonight.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    There is a clear difference in how this team is playing now, then they were in the beginning. They are not as bad as a lot people made them out to be earlier. I think a lot of people just dont want to admit they were wrong. Well they werent exactly wrong. It was bad basketball. But wrong in the sense that Corbin is stupid and the team wouldnt go anywhere. I agree with Brown Notes about Al too. He tried harder to defend the pnr against the spurs. Its was definitely noticeable.

That all we really want right? We want to see effort and good understanding how to play. Its coming around. Im excited about it.

Its ok Jazzfanz. Let your guard down. We got a pretty good team. I think its enough to do way better in the playoffs than we did last year. We are about to go on a pretty roll here. I can feel it.
    Your optimism disgusts me.

Somewhere between I don't know and I don't care
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanginthere View Post
    My mistake, I thought KOC was still the GM but they threw me off with the interview they had with that other guy last night who came from the Spurs... What was that all about??
    KOC finally has an assistant. Most teams around the NBA have assistant GM's, but Utah never has. Why? Because there are traditionally very few player personnel issues to deal with each season. Jazz usually have all but a few roster spots filled. This off-season, the Jazz only have a handful of guaranteed contracts. Guys like Jefferson, Millsap, Foye, etc. might be offered new contracts or the Jazz could bring in a lot of FA's to audition for roster spots. Between contract negotiations, FA workouts, the draft, etc., there's no way KOC could handle all of that. Also factor in that Sloan was very involved in personnel decisions. I doubt the Jazz want Corbin to have much input. So another personnel guy was necessary.

So why did they give KOC a new title and bring in a new "GM?" Well, they wanted Lindsey, but he was an assistant GM already. SA could have denied Utah an interview if the job was a lateral move. However, by kicking KOC "upstairs" and bringing in Lindsey as the new GM, it was a promotion and SA couldn't deny Lindsey the opportunity (unless they promoted him).

Make no mistake. This is still KOC's team. He'll work on the big picture items. He'll decide on whether to re-sign Jefferson, Millsap,etc. or to trade one at the deadline. He'll make the final call on the Jazz' draft picks. Lindsey will work on the little stuff and grind out all the contracts with the various agents. Not to say Lindsey won't contribute on evaluating players; he will. But KOC is still in charge.