Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jabari Parker

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Jabari Parker

In my private forum I have been unveiling what college a kid will choose prior to the announcement and have it right 100% of the time.

My contacts are UK related so I don't always get rock solid info on a kid if he's not involved with UK. However, I know where Jabari is going and since many here are interested in that choice, I thought I'd post it in a public forum.

Next Thursday, December 20th, 3pm (EST) on ESPNU ... Jabari Parker will announce his intent to play for Michigan State.

Book it.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thanks for the prediction. As close as he is to his parents it isn't a surprised he would want to stay physically close too.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
    Just like everyone else.
    -Margaret Mead

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That indicates no mission. That is the right move in my opinion.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    That indicates no mission. That is the right move in my opinion.
    It's the right move imo as well .. but I'm uncertain whether that decision has been made. There's some rumors that he wants this moment in time, but he still may go on a mission. Ultimately I think he skips it .. but that part is a guess. The college choice isn't a prediction, it's done.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Tom Izzo seems like a decent guy, but that system is horrible. I wouldn't want to play in it. My hopes of course are that he comes to BYU, but notwithstanding that scenario, Duke would have been my next choice for him and the skills he seems to posses.

Let's be real though, this guy is not the next Lebron like some magazines have been hyping him. Even if he changes(or maybe especially if he changes) his mind from what you are saying and comes to BYU, people should tilt their expectations down a few notches.

See: Muhammad, Shabazz being compared to Kobe. Looks absolutely ridiculous right now(though he is playing well - just not having a huge impact on UCLA's bottom line).
    Last edited by Duck Rodgers; 12-14-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    It's the right move imo as well .. but I'm uncertain whether that decision has been made. There's some rumors that he wants this moment in time, but he still may go on a mission. Ultimately I think he skips it .. but that part is a guess. The college choice isn't a prediction, it's done.
    Noramally I would encourage a kid to go on a mission but I think he has a unique chance that alot of kids do not get. A mission is not for every one and he has a chance to be a national role model and example of an upstanding Mormon man.

From the articles I have read it appears that his religion is important to him. He has a chance to do as much good if not more by being a high profile figure for his religion. The fact that he is not white only furthers that.

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Shoot i wanted him to go to the Y so we could have all the Jimmer hype agian!!
    http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2011/06/alec-burks-suit.jpg

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    Shoot i wanted him to go to the Y so we could have all the Jimmer hype agian!!
    Plus byu's recruiting class next year is one of thier best ever (#9 in the country i think?) with emery, haws, and another dude (cant remember his name) from lone peak that are supposed to be very good.... Throw jabari into that mix with carlino and tyler haws too and that team could maybe go deep into the tournament.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The fact that he is not white only furthers that.
    interesting

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    interesting
    You are useless. Goodbye.

Have fun with your internet point dumbass.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have never been overly impressed watching Parker play, he has skills, and size, but in college and the NBA his size will be negated because of his lack of elite level athleticism.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    I have never been overly impressed watching Parker play, he has skills, and size, but in college and the NBA his size will be negated because of his lack of elite level athleticism.
    I kind of felt the same thing when I seen him play.

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You are useless. Goodbye.

Have fun with your internet point dumbass.
    why the insults bro i just said 'interesting' thats all

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Plus byu's recruiting class next year is one of thier best ever (#9 in the country i think?) with emery, haws, and another dude (cant remember his name) from lone peak that are supposed to be very good.... Throw jabari into that mix with carlino and tyler haws too and that team could maybe go deep into the tournament.
    Problem is, Jabari isn't going to want to wait around for everyone else. Haws is just a junior. Emery has stated he's doing the early mish thing, and I'm not sure about Mika, but I bet he goes on the mish early as well. The earliest Jabari could play with these guys is 2015.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    As I've said before, Parker is very polished for his age. That makes him more dominant now, but maybe lesser so once others catch up to that polish but have more athleticism. I think he'll be a very good player at every level of play, but it's unfortunate that he's likely been over-hyped the last couple of years.

It's hard on kids when their expectations are set like that ..
    #dumptruckin