Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We laid an egg. It happens. But Ty took a page out of Sloan's playbook when he didn't call a TO in the first 5 minutes of the second. We only gave up 4 or 6 points on the differential, but we were running nothing and needed a teepee.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hayward is a terrible driver. That's all.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I pray Ty reads this: Randy Foye only has one skill: shooting. He can't drive, he can't pass, he can't rebound, he can't defend, and nobody benefits when he's on the floor if he isn't hitting shots except the other team.

Most importantly, he's NOT the type of player you leave on the floor assuming he will eventually rattle off points or be useful. He's EXACTLY the type of guy you yank when he's disconnected. I was begging for Burks, but it could have been Carroll. Anyone to stop the nightmare of Randy Foye tonight.

He's the new Roger. Better, yeah, but somehow Ty thinks he's really necessary.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    We ran a weird offense tonight. We only went post 2 times in the first quarter (a third time wasn't by design.) Ran tons of high post, maybe to 'share the ball more', and the offense totally stalled. Considering we didn't run or play defense, it hardly mattered, but I always watch our half court sets close and I didn't understand Ty's experimentation.
    The no Al-centric offense was obvious....and horrible. Painfully horrible.

'
    I didn't understand the inbound play to Foye shooting a 2 on the baseline. Considering he's something like -22% from anything not a three...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I pray Ty reads this: Randy Foye only has one skill: shooting. He can't drive, he can't pass, he can't rebound, he can't defend, and nobody benefits when he's on the floor if he isn't hitting shots except the other team.

Most importantly, he's NOT the type of player you leave on the floor assuming he will eventually rattle off points or be useful. He's EXACTLY the type of guy you yank when he's disconnected. I was begging for Burks, but it could have been Carroll. Anyone to stop the nightmare of Randy Foye tonight.

It makes it even harder when you also have Al on the floor who is mostly there for scoring and a little bit for rebounding and not much else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Thiiiiiis.

Sadly, Ty is not the only one who needs to get with the program. I have friends who think Foye is the best player on the team. You heard me.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Can someone please make Marvin a Ronnie Brewer highlight tape? The guy can be so effective cutting baseline and cutting in general. He has no offensive skill with the ball at all, but he can be deadly in this league moving without it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    The no Al-centric offense was obvious....and horrible. Painfully horrible.

'
    I didn't understand the inbound play to Foye shooting a 2 on the baseline. Considering he's something like -22% from anything not a three...
    Crazy thing is we barely went post the whole first half. We started going post in the 3rd, and made a little run, but it was too late. I genuinely believe Ty was trying to experiment with a new offense tonight, but he let the experiment go on too long. We didn't run or play D so the half court offense was hardly the cause of the loss, but there is no doubt we ran a terrible half court offense tonight.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by spycam1 View Post
    Thiiiiiis.

Sadly, Ty is not the only one who needs to get with the program. I have friends who think Foye is the best player on the team. You heard me.
    I would chalk your friends up to the type of Jazz fan so starved for outside shooting, as we all have been, that they only see his 3pt %. Because he's a pretty worthless basketball player otherwise.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    It makes it even harder when you also have Al on the floor who is mostly there for scoring and a little bit for rebounding and not much else.
    I realize you dislike Al, but his worth is light years beyond Randy Foye.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We ran a weird offense tonight. We only went post 2 times in the first quarter (a third time wasn't by design.) Ran tons of high post, maybe to 'share the ball more', and the offense totally stalled. Considering we didn't run or play defense, it hardly mattered, but I always watch our half court sets close and I didn't understand Ty's experimentation.
    Here's the thing, before my question what would you have done? Ty is damned for trying this stuff, damned if he doesn't, & damned if he goes Al-centric in response. Maybe he's rolling with the share everything teamball angle. Maybe he's teaching a lesson on the importance of buying into his winning system.
    Either way, what should he have done when the Jazz brought it within 4? The game looked like garbage and I have no opinion right now.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here's the thing, before my question what would you have done? Ty is damned for trying this stuff, damned if he doesn't, & damned if he goes Al-centric in response. Maybe he's rolling with the share everything teamball angle. Maybe he's teaching a lesson on the importance of buying into his winning system.
    Either way, what should he have done when the Jazz brought it within 4? The game looked like garbage and I have no opinion right now.
    I have no issue with experimentation. I have an issue with going too long with it. We hung close with PHX in the first until they went 7-0 to close the quarter and put us down by 12. At that point, we needed to go back to what we were familiar with. Not calling a TO in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd was the other huge mistake. This isn't preseason. You have to win, and Ty lost sight of that. Especially in a game when we have an enormous post advantage with Al/Sap going against Gortat/Scola down low.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I realize you dislike Al, but his worth is light years beyond Randy Foye.
    I actually like Al. I liked him before he came to the Jazz. My complaint is that Jefferson gets too much playing time and he is not a clearly better overall player that either Millsap or Favors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't get why do we talk so much about Favors, Al or Millsap. Our bigs are usually OK, they are all main strength regardless of who gets most minutes. This game, as in many others, it was our guards who disappeared on offense and were completely outplayed by their counterparts. Hayward and Foye are unbelivably streaky, Tinsley and watson have no offense and Mo is just OK most of the time.

We really need to upgrade our backcourt, otherwise we will be repeatedly outplayed in there.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It looked like we had some momentum there, but really it was just that the Suns slacked off a little. When they brought the intensity back game over. Did not matter who was on the floor. When he brought the vets in they got rolled too. Hangover game.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes