Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: God damn people

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I find this particularly depressing as I just went to pick up the mail and my scholarship check was in there. The scholarship is a memorial one, in honour of a student who was shot by his classmate a decade ago here in Alberta. I feel guilty about the money somehow, now.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Looks like he was angry at his mommy (and another family member) and then he decided to shoot her along with so many others...

What a punkass...

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...nnecticut?lite

The gunman, identified as Ryan Lanza, 24, of Hoboken, N.J., also was found dead at the scene, a federal law enforcement official said. Lanza's mother is a kindergarten teacher at the Newtown, Conn., school, and it's inside her classroom where most of the casualties took place, according to WNBC's Jonathan Dienst. Another member of Lanza's family was found shot to death at home in Newtown, and a second person is in custody for a possible connection to Friday's slaughter.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Well, I didn't think there was much worse than the father shooting up his child's school angle they were going with earlier, but that new info might have just topped it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Ugh..... this is so hard to even imagine.... yet it happened...... All my prayers to those families.
    http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o604/sainsbu/ProfessionalTank_zps6f4cddad.png

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Speechless..
    #dumptruckin

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Speechless..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hard to fathom the pure evil it takes for a person to do this. I don't have the words for what a wretched piece of scum...
    Erin Go Bragh

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I cannot even fathom this. It just doesn't seem possible that a person could be so sick and twisted that they would even begin to think about committing such a crime. Just sickening.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Seems like these things get worse every year, like they are trying to outdo each other.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If some *********** little ******* like this wants to create drama and and go out fighting, they should storm a police station where at least the people there are trained and armed. Attacking kindergarten aged kids is the lowest form of humanity. What an absolute **********.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Luke 17:2

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' To this day, especially in times of 'disaster,' I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world." -- Mister Rogers

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I just don't know what to say. I've been tearing up all morning while watching the news and my heart literally aches. I saw a story on CNN where a teacher hid her students in the bathroom and one of them said to her, "I just want Christmas. I don't want to die." That's when I lost it. My prayers also go out to the children in China who were attacked at the primary school.

Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Guns don't kill people is a poor argument. A bottle of alcohol doesn't really grab the wheel when a drunk driver recklessly takes others lives in his hands. Rules and laws are set up to protect us from our own decisions and decisions of others. These rules are not perfect there are plenty of laws against drunk driving and people still chose to drive under the influence. Yet, these laws do deter some. No one is out to take away the guns. But, lets be realistic there is a need to reevaluate our gun control laws.
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission Accomplished View Post
    Guns don't kill people is a poor argument. A bottle of alcohol doesn't really grab the wheel when a drunk driver recklessly takes others lives in his hands. Rules and laws are set up to protect us from our own decisions and decisions of others. These rules are not perfect there are plenty of laws against drunk driving and people still chose to drive under the influence. Yet, these laws do deter some. No one is out to take away the guns. But, lets be realistic there is a need to reevaluate our gun control laws.
    Gun control will do nothing to deter these sick individuals from doing harm. The only peope it harms are the responsible gun owners. Rather than enacting new laws, law enforcement/gov't should focus more on enforcement of current laws.