Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: God damn people

Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I agree partially with you. Except in Sept of 2004 the law that banned assault weapons expired. This is one law that should be considered to bring it back. Sick individuals are going to circumvent laws like I said it can still be used as a way to deter this types of incidents.
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This has just ripped me apart today more than any other event, ever. I've cried, punched things, kicked ****... devastated.
    #dumptruckin

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    This has just ripped me apart today more than any other event, ever. I've cried, punched things, kicked ****... devastated.
    Yup.

I've never experienced an event like this where people were so disinterested in the surrounding information because we are so disgusted by it all. It's heart wrenching thinking about the parents outside the school & the poor kids inside.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Yup.

I've never experienced an event like this where people were so disinterested in the surrounding information because we are so disgusted by it all. It's heart wrenching thinking about the parents outside the school & the poor kids inside.

I cant imagine the scene. The authorities who responded there will be haunted the rest of their lives. That school will never feel the same to anyone working there or going to school there. I wonder how long it will be before they re-open.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've already put 3 kids through kindergarten, have one in the grade now, a 2 yr old .. and one on the way. They're all so special, so innocent .. individual lives ..

these kids were snuffed out .. parents robbed .. more tonight than ever, I hope and pray there is a God.
    #dumptruckin

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I've already put 3 kids through kindergarten, have one in the grade now, a 2 yr old .. and one on the way. They're all so special, so innocent .. individual lives ..

these kids were snuffed out .. parents robbed .. more tonight than ever, I hope and pray there is a God.
    You've brought this up twice. This stuff brings up thoughts of chivalry, especially in men. Unless your family is directly involved, chivalry doesn't work so well without a belief in God or some societal based & driven desire for legacy. The second option is unhealthy.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    As a parent, it's difficult not to feel for those who lost children, especially in the midst of what should be the happiest time of the year. For them, and everyone involved, the meaning of the holiday season is forever changed.

My heart just aches.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have a 5 year old son (because of when his birthday is, he missed the deadline and isn't in kindergarten til next year) whose best friends are in kindergarten this year. I have a 3rd grader as well. I can't imagine how it would feel to lose either of them, especially in a violent way like that. Brutal. Heart breaking.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There is just no reason to kill children. What can make this happen? It is just sick. I feel so sorry for the kids. They didn't even had a chance to live their life fully.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Jazz Fan View Post
    Gun control will do nothing to deter these sick individuals from doing harm. The only peope it harms are the responsible gun owners. Rather than enacting new laws, law enforcement/gov't should focus more on enforcement of current laws.
    This same argument could be used to loosen laws on a variety of substances which conservatives hate (like Marijuana for example).

I definitely believe that it's time to take a serious look at our gun laws.

2nd Amendment? Sure. Keep that.

But I think we definitely need to look at assault weapons, the amount of time it takes to get a gun, the cost, and some test/training to get one.

In Utah it's far easier to get a gun than to get a drivers license or a beer. That shouldn't be.

Perhaps more important than gun control, we need to really address mental disorders. IF you feel like a friend might be a ticking time bomb, it's time to put "individualism" away and do what's good for society. How many friends/family members could have stopped this guy months/years ago?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1220752

“He was weird,” said the friend, who asked to remain anonymous. “He was quiet.”
    Early news reports suggested Adam Lanza’s 24-year-old brother, Ryan, had launched the rampage — but Beth Israel believed otherwise.

“It has to be Adam, not Ryan,” she tweeted.

Ryan Lanza, who lives in Hoboken and works at Ernst and Young, didn’t talk about his younger brother while attending Quinnipiac University.

“I knew he had a brother, but I never knew anything more than he existed,” said a college friend.
    Nancy was known as a pillar of the community, while neighbors viewed her troubled son as a terror.

“My daughter went to school w/adam lanza,” a former neighbor who identified herself as Beth Israel wrote on Twitter. “We lived 6 houses away. He was troubled for sure for a long time. RIP nancy.
    Lanza’s strange behavior was well-known among his well-heeled neighbors in leafy Newtown, Conn. His antics irked several residents.

“Adam Lanza has been a weird kid since we were 5 years old,” a neighbor and former classmate named Tim Dalton wrote on Twitter. “As horrible as this was, I can't say I am surprised . . . Burn in hell, Adam.”
    “This was a deeply disturbed kid,” a family insider told the Daily News. “He certainly had major issues. He was subject to outbursts from what I recall.”

Lanza, who friends and officials said suffered from Asperger’s syndrome or a personality disorder, had a tortured mind.
    A “longtime” family friend said Lanza had a condition “where he couldn’t feel pain.”

“A few years ago when he was on the baseball team, everyone had to be careful that he didn’t fall because he could get hurt and not feel it,” said the friend. “Adam had a lot of mental problems.”
    This kid needed professional help... A long time ago...
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Rather than have a knee jerk reaction and call for gun control, maybe we ought to look at how we treat our mentally ill. Instead of pumping them full of anti-depressants and moving on to the next patient, maybe they should get actual treatment. Sure, guns make it a lot easier to kill people, but when we identify the threats and really try to help them, maybe that will stop some of this senseless **** that seems to happen all too often.

I haven't been able to do **** today because it just kills me inside thinking of innocent Kindergarten kids taken far too soon.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This news has shook me up today for two reasons. 1) I am disgusted that this happened. Why would somebody go on a shooting spree in an elementary school and then take his life? 2) I am appalled that I was not surprised by the news. We, as a country, have had a ton of random violence recently. The flavor of the day seems to be shooting up randoms strangers then taking one's own life. Are these individuals suicidal and simply trying to make the news? Or are these individuals mentally unstable?

I'll be honest. I heard the news, but I pushed it into the back of my mind because I had some finals today. However, when I found out that I knew the father of one of the victims, I was no longer able to avoid the devastating truth. I am truly saddened over the events today. I am physically sick to my stomach.

As far as gun control goes, I don't think there are any easy answers. The scary truth is is that we cannot control our neighbor's actions. Especially if that neighbor is suicidal or mentally unbalanced. We can only control our own.

However, one specific thing gives me consolation at the moment. Today, only one person's actions were evil. In turn, Millions of Americans have responded with prayer and good will.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Rather than have a knee jerk reaction and call for gun control, maybe we ought to look at how we treat our mentally ill. Instead of pumping them full of anti-depressants and moving on to the next patient, maybe they should get actual treatment. Sure, guns make it a lot easier to kill people, but when we identify the threats and really try to help them, maybe that will stop some of this senseless **** that seems to happen all too often.

I haven't been able to do **** today because it just kills me inside thinking of innocent Kindergarten kids taken far too soon.

For truth. Until This country starts treating all illnesses including mental illnesses instead of perpetuating a culture where everybody is either a tough guy or under the radar we will continue to be the worst nation in the world in regards to health efficiency, and these types of crimes will only get worse.

It has nothing to do with Gun Control.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What's really strange to me is how angry I am at this guy.

I'm not sure if I've ever actually been pissed off at killers other than 9/11. They usually don't seem real to me. But this guy really just pisses me off. I almost wish that I could have been there and been able to take this guy down. I wish he hadn't died. I'd wish upon him a lifetime of being beaten down in prison for a good 60 years before rotting in hell for eternity.

If this guy had been some terrorist, I'd be joining the army right now to take this guy's organization down.
    Lakers Suck.