Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    So are you saying the Jazz should trade Jefferson for Bynum?
    No. The Jazz need a dominant wing scorer or stud PG. Bynum has enormous potential, but doesn't seem to have his head in the game.

Rep Level
    Excerpt from ESPN public article below (link - http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...-trade-targets ):

It's a working assumption in front offices all over the league that the Jazz will trade Jefferson or Millsap for a front-line point guard at some point in the next 10 weeks. For two reasons.

1. Jefferson and Millsap will be free agents in July, meaning Utah risks losing both without compensation if they're still on the roster beyond Feb. 21.

2. Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter are the undeniable power players of the future in Utah, even though Jefferson is one of only five players this season averaging 17 and 10 -- along with Dwight Howard, David Lee, Kevin Love and Zach Randolph -- and despite Millsap's status as the most productive forward from the 2006 draft not named LaMarcus Aldridge.

The challenge is trying to determine which of the two is most likely to move … unless you expect the Jazz to surprise us again and ship out both.

The handful of teams consulted by ESPN.com this week were split. Some nominate Millsap because he's not at Jefferson's All-Star level. Some nominate Jefferson because Millsap's skill set theoretically meshes better with Favors and Kanter.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Excerpt from ESPN public article below (link - http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/p...-trade-targets ):

It's a working assumption in front offices all over the league that the Jazz will trade Jefferson or Millsap for a front-line point guard at some point in the next 10 weeks. For two reasons.

1. Jefferson and Millsap will be free agents in July, meaning Utah risks losing both without compensation if they're still on the roster beyond Feb. 21.

2. Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter are the undeniable power players of the future in Utah, even though Jefferson is one of only five players this season averaging 17 and 10 -- along with Dwight Howard, David Lee, Kevin Love and Zach Randolph -- and despite Millsap's status as the most productive forward from the 2006 draft not named LaMarcus Aldridge.

The challenge is trying to determine which of the two is most likely to move … unless you expect the Jazz to surprise us again and ship out both.

The handful of teams consulted by ESPN.com this week were split. Some nominate Millsap because he's not at Jefferson's All-Star level. Some nominate Jefferson because Millsap's skill set theoretically meshes better with Favors and Kanter.
    Thanks for posting that. In my mind I believe that one of those two will be traded (if not both), but in my heart I doubt that it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    I think the Jazz would be quicker to move Millsap if a decent opportunity arises. Jefferson's skill set is more unique, and both Favors and Kanter can produce at PF. I know this is contrary to the sentiment on this board, but realistically Millsap isn't stopping many players with his defense or facilitating the offense out of the post these days either. Millsap should really be a tweener 6th man on this team, but another team will probably give him a David West role and contract. Millsap's trade value probably isn't going to go up much more.

Still, if the Jazz want to keep Jefferson, they ought to be discussing an extension by now.

Rep Level
    Somehow I'm getting this sickening feeling we are not going to trade any of them, and that the Jazz will resign one of them for big bucks. Please someone reassure me this isn't possibly going to happen.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    Somehow I'm getting this sickening feeling we are not going to trade any of them, and that the Jazz will resign one of them for big bucks. Please someone reassure me this isn't possibly going to happen.
    I wish I could but I have the same sickening feeling.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Rep Level
    I would hope KOC or Lindsey would grow a pair and trade one. Doesn't have to be both, and I'm perfectly fine with keeping one, but both Favors and Kanter have shown that they are competent.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by mhindy View Post
    I would hope KOC or Lindsey would grow a pair and trade one. Doesn't have to be both, and I'm perfectly fine with keeping one, but both Favors and Kanter have shown that they are competent.
    And deserve more than 15 minutes a game (if they even get that many minutes).