Page 3 of 101 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    How does technology save us from psychopaths making illegal guns, the black market, someone with no history of illness suddenly losing it, etc?

I understand, but I'm just not sure you ever solve evil.
    We just would have to get real strict on black market sales and anyone caught with in illegal weapon. Like life in Prison with no parole and no exceptions. We should already have that for a lot of our crimes. We are way too soft at times. If we did that. It would really make people think twice about carrying illegal weapons.

Like I said before. Im not for taking away gun rights, but we clearly arent doing a good enough job of preventing these things. Im not down with just throwing our hands in the air and saying its impossible to fix. Im just trying to search for answers.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How does technology save us from psychopaths making illegal guns, the black market, someone with no history of illness suddenly losing it, etc?

I understand, but I'm just not sure you ever solve evil.
    Illegal guns? Bro, I know chemistry majors who boil up TNT any time they want to blow up a toilet in the west desert......I can get a job at the factory making components for mine explosives tomorrow.
    '
    This is the point where One Brow says something about time getting in the way of evil plotting. Point taken. But that doesn't stop violent individuals without a defined mental illnes.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Illegal guns? Bro, I know chemistry majors who boil up TNT any time they want to blow up a toilet in the west desert......I can get a job at the factory making components for mine explosives tomorrow.
    '
    This is the point where One Brow says something about time getting in the way of evil plotting. Point taken. But that doesn't stop violent individuals without a defined mental illnes.
    You got my point, I know.
    #dumptruckin

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You got my point, I know.
    Amplified it.
    No Mediocrity

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just to be clear, based on some of the remarks I've received from my previous comments, I'm not advocating a no-guns society. I was simply using Japan as an example in which gun control works.

My actual thoughts are these: gun control works, but the real question is are you willing to give up your right to bear arms for increased safety? I'll admit that I don't buy the argument that we need to arm everyone to have a truly safe society.

Overall I think Bronco70 had the most sensible response, instituting complete gun control isn't a reasonable option at this point. We need to think about what are practical steps we can take to ensure safety from violence for people.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by larryselbows View Post
    Just to be clear, based on some of the remarks I've received from my previous comments, I'm not advocating a no-guns society. I was simply using Japan as an example in which gun control works.

My actual thoughts are these: gun control works, but the real question is are you willing to give up your right to bear arms for increased safety? I'll admit that I don't buy the argument that we need to arm everyone to have a truly safe society.

Overall I think Bronco70 had the most sensible response, instituting complete gun control isn't a reasonable option at this point. We need to think about what are practical steps we can take to ensure safety from violence for people.
    FWIW, I didn't take your comments that way at all. Your reputation counts for something as far as I'm concerned. I'm actually disgusted by this topic altogether right now and only responding as a divergence to my thoughts. I don't give a **** about gun rights at the moment. I'm disturbed.
    No Mediocrity

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    FWIW, I didn't take your comments that way at all. Your reputation counts for something as far as I'm concerned. I'm actually disgusted by this topic altogether right now and only responding as a divergence to my thoughts. I don't give a **** about gun rights at the moment. I'm disturbed.
    I feel you man.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    '
    Not everyone is a chemistry major. Ya, you can find it on the internet but it might mean the difference in whether or not the purp has time to reconsider. It also wont be as easy to pull off. Going through all that trouble just might set off the alarms and put up red flags and maybe someone could stop it before it happens. With guns, all it takes is for the guy to flip one day and make a hasty decision. All that other stuff takes extensive planning.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Truthfully I have never cared one way or the other about gun rights. This is the first time I have ever engaged in the conversation. Im just as disturbed as you, thats why I thought maybe its time to start thinking about this.

I dont know when is the time to talk about it. Should we all just wait til this passes and we dont care as much anymore. Then it happens again???

I dont man. This is just some ****ed up ****.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Not everyone is a chemistry major. Ya, you can find it on the internet but it might mean the difference in whether or not the purp has time to reconsider. It also wont be as easy to pull off. Going through all that trouble just might set off the alarms and put up red flags and maybe someone could stop it before it happens. With guns, all it takes is for the guy to flip one day and make a hasty decision. All that other stuff takes extensive planning.
    Shut the **** up and use your brain. Turn it on right now.
    '
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Shut the **** up and use your brain. Turn it on right now.
    '
    That's right dude. When someone doesnt agree with you, just flip out and start insulting people. Maybe your mental health should be checked up on and your guns taken away.

Dont let the genius thing go to your head. K?

Negative 6 bitch.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm actually disgusted by this topic altogether right now and only responding as a divergence to my thoughts. I don't give a **** about gun rights at the moment. I'm disturbed.
    I know what you mean, franklin. I have been just sick to my stomach all day about it. It would be nice to let it alone for awhile. When I first read the report, I promised myself I wasn't going to comment on it. But it's something that needs to be discussed. It's something horrific that brings out anger and a desire to find a solution. I think it can be addressed without being disrespectful. So far, that's been the case here, IMO.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    That's right dude. When someone doesnt agree with you, just flip out and start insulting people. Maybe your mental health should be checked up on and your guns taken away.

Dont let the genius thing go to your head. K?

Negative 6 bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    I know what you mean, franklin. I have been just sick to my stomach all day about it. It would be nice to let it alone for awhile. When I first read the report, I promised myself I wasn't going to comment on it. But it's something that needs to be discussed. It's something horrific that brings out anger and a desire to find a solution. I think it can be addressed without being disrespectful. So far, that's been the case here, IMO.
    Thank you both & my sincere apologies to Hack for placing intentions into that post.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Research what 5 gallons of diesel and a bag of ammonium sulfate (fertilizer) can do. Very easy to use and easily causes as much damage as today's tragedy.
    Still not as easy as a gun..... easiest most effecient way to kill is with a gun, otherwise you would see hunters out in the woods carrying around some gasoline and fertilizer.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    I do not think guns are the issue. Mentally troubled people is the issue.

To reinforce this is the fact that Chicago had one of the strictest gun laws in the country. Chicago has had more homicides this year than American deaths in Afghanistan.
    And how were those homicides achieved?.... i bet most of them were done with guns.