Page 9 of 101 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 1510

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #121
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    18,673
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Not sure what the laws currently are like but maybe all of this will result in much harsher jail time for crazy, gun wielding ****s.
    Hopefully.

  2. #122
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    4,530
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Now there have been two shootings in Alabama, 1 at the Excalibur in Vegas and 1 at Fort Hood TX since the CT school shooting. They have left 6-8 more people dead.

    Jesus Christ. Also the cops arrested a teen in OK that was plotting to bomb and shoot people at his school the same day as the CT shooting.
    You're going to get 25 or so day on average in the US.

  3. #123
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    18,673
    Rep Power
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    You're going to get 25 or so day on average in the US.
    The increase in reports has made me wonder if it is increasing, the media is just publicizing it more or both.

  4. #124
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    4,530
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    The increase in reports has made me wonder if it is increasing, the media is just publicizing it more or both.
    We'll get the stats at the end of the year it will probably average out to about that. That was a 2009 number, btw.

    The real issue of course that should be discussed is our culture of death. Our military has done some very bad things. We've had 1,000,000 murders a year via abortion since Roe v. Wade. Those are ****ing kids. It's not even arguable anymore with all the 4-D imagery capabilities now. You can't cry about a 6 year olds potential prom dates, marriages, occupations etc. and not do the same for these other potential lives that have been exterminated on a far grander scale. Our national policy is death.

  5. #125
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    12,135
    Rep Power
    93
    overpopulation is the biggest cause for all this crap IMO.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,581
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah, that's what we need. More kids born to idiots who can't even spell condoms let alone care for and raise a child. And before you respond, please spare me the adoption hoopla.

  7. #127
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,565
    Rep Power
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pearl View Post
    Gun Control is a ridiculous debate. We should just stop making bullets or better yet, not let children under a certain age gather in large groups. Maybe only 3 kids at a time surrounding the ice cream truck. Perhaps we should pass a law that all kids should be home schooled which would eliminate school shootings with a 100% success rate. An easier way would be to identify possible future "shooters" by implementing and enforcing rigorous screening measures. Ya know, young, white, males who spend hours playing video games, surfing the net on message boards and for porn. Half this board membership would be undergoing questioning by the FBI. .
    Great melodrama. Only problem is I remember these exact same non-arguments 20 years ago when they passed the one piece of legislation that kept this puke from getting an even a bigger arsenal. Yes, gun control will never, ever work.

    There was a mass murder of 19 children under the age of 6 at a daycare in Oklahoma in 1995, before the majority of the posters on this board were out of elementary school. No guns or assault rifles were used.
    Another false analogy - on many levels. But I'll just say even McVeigh says he didn't know about the day care center and would have considered another target if he did.


    The media wants you outraged. Their whole purpose in life is to make people like Thriller crap their pants and shake his "tiny fists" every time some bad happens.
    I think it's quite clear that the media does the exact opposite - and that is it makes people like you go out and buy more guns.


    Horrible crap happens. Get used to it. Luckily it only happens to a small percentage of the population. Most of us escape it, some of us don't. If you live long enough, bad stuff will happen to you or somebody you love.
    Look I'm not much for taking the moral high road and I'll be the first to admit that I say some callous **** on this board from time to time. But holy **** guy, 20 six year old boys and girls get executed and your reaction is **** happens?
    Last edited by candrew; 12-16-2012 at 11:31 AM.

  8. #128
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    4,530
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    Yeah, that's what we need. More kids born to idiots who can't even spell condoms let alone care for and raise a child. And before you respond, please spare me the adoption hoopla.
    That's not the debate I was interested in having anyway. We can all go "Freakonomics" and project what a bunch of potentially single mothered children would be contributing to crime rates right now or not. That issue will come on it's own anyway because low birth rates are obviously a huge problem with the way we've set up our social systems. And that extends into immigration and what happens when 3rd world countries catch up and start aborting like crazy too, etc.

    The only thing I'm pointing out is death. I read something on the Daily Kos about "Culture of Death" where of course the only thing they mentioned was guns. If you're going to talk about something, point out the elephant in the room or leave the subject alone entirely. The gun debate doesn't make sense until you touch on other issues.

  9. #129
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    12,135
    Rep Power
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    We'll get the stats at the end of the year it will probably average out to about that. That was a 2009 number, btw.

    The real issue of course that should be discussed is our culture of death. Our military has done some very bad things. We've had 1,000,000 murders a year via abortion since Roe v. Wade. Those are ****ing kids. It's not even arguable anymore with all the 4-D imagery capabilities now. You can't cry about a 6 year olds potential prom dates, marriages, occupations etc. and not do the same for these other potential lives that have been exterminated on a far grander scale. Our national policy is death.

    Usually when a mother gets an abortion it because the mother and father do not want the child or are not capable of raising the child..... or the child will likely be born unhealthy and diseased due to the mother or fathers health/drug issues.

    So would you prefer that all these fetuses you speak of be born to parents that do not want them and then get neglected and abused growing up... struggle in school, get into hard drugs and crime and then become one of these psychos that go on shooting sprees. Now some of them would get put up for adoption and possibly get a adopted by a great loving family.... however most would stay with thier deadbeat parents and suffer abuse and neglect..... and even some that get adopted would always feel alienated and not wanted (due to being given up for adoption) or feel like they dont belong in the world.

    I am happier with the abortions unfortunately

  10. #130
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    4,530
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Usually when a mother gets an abortion it because the mother and father do not want the child or are not capable of raising the child..... or the child will likely be born unhealthy and diseased due to the mother or fathers health/drug issues.

    So would you prefer that all these fetuses you speak of be born to parents that do not want them and then get neglected and abused growing up... struggle in school, get into hard drugs and crime and then become one of these psychos that go on shooting sprees. Now some of them would get put up for adoption and possibly get a adopted by a great loving family.... however most would stay with thier deadbeat parents and suffer abuse and neglect..... and even some that get adopted would always feel alienated and not wanted (due to being given up for adoption) or feel like they dont belong in the world.

    I am happier with the abortions unfortunately
    I'm not worried about quality of life as much as life on its own to be honest with you. Quality of life is relative, life and death are pretty straight forward. Many of the greatest people that have ever lived came from tough situations. Just because we get some bad apples in the group, doesn't mean anything to me, or that we should toss them all away. I'm not perfect and don't have that expectation on any other human being running around on this crazy planet. Not everybody gets to develop on the easy path in life, that's just the way it is. We're not robots and I love that.

    Humans can survive on very little, so I'm not quite sure where that argument comes from. There are billions out that probably are convinced they have pretty great lives, despite the fact that we think their lives must suck. I've seen it in India with my own eyes. Or even in South Provo where the average household takes home ~ minimum wage, yet somehow is teeming with life.
    Last edited by Duck Rodgers; 12-16-2012 at 11:46 AM.

  11. #131
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    12,135
    Rep Power
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    I'm not worried about quality of life as much as life on its own to be honest with you. Quality of life is relative, life and death are pretty straight forward. Many of the greatest people that have ever lived came from tough situations. Just because we get some bad apples in the group, doesn't mean anything to me, or that we should toss them all away. I'm not perfect and don't have that expectation on any other human being running around on this crazy planet. Not everybody gets to develop on the easy path in life, that's just the way it is. We're not robots and I love that.

    Humans can survive on very little, so I'm not quite sure where that argument comes from. There are billions out that probably are convinced they have pretty great lives, despite the fact that we think their lives must suck. I've seen it in India with my own eyes. Or even in South Provo where the average household takes home ~ minimum wage, yet somehow is teeming with life.
    Fair enough.

    Also im sorry about my post, it was somewhat insensitave and seemed to attack your beliefs and that is uncalled for.
    I rep you.... for me being a dick.

  12. #132
    Senior Member Scat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,414
    Rep Power
    36
    http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-ma...183593571.html

    The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.
    "As I was going down to pull, I saw someone in the back of the Charlotte move, and I knew if I fired and missed, I could hit them," he said.
    Meli took cover inside a nearby store. He never pulled the trigger. He stands by that decision.
    "I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli. "I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."

  13. #133
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    18,673
    Rep Power
    77
    I need to go get my CC. I'll carry my 9mm around with me. I'd like a few more guns but won't get any more with out a gun safe first.

  14. #134
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    4,530
    Rep Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Fair enough.

    Also im sorry about my post, it was somewhat insensitave and seemed to attack your beliefs and that is uncalled for.
    I rep you.... for me being a dick.
    You repped me because you love me, don't lie. No worries, man. I didn't take it that way at all. And I'll rep you back because I probably haven't repped you enough and you've had some good offerings lately. I'm a bit of a dick myself, so I'm perfectly okay when others point out me being one or just dislike my viewpoints. I'm also just very comfortable with the unknown in life so my viewpoints on everything kind of sprout out from that and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way sometimes. If somebody tried to kill me tomorrow, I'd probably fight back out of sport more so than the fear of dying. I don't actually own any guns or anything.

  15. #135
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,486
    Rep Power
    58
    Having guns and especially assault rifles is really important. I'm not going to pay attention to facts that say that countries that have gun bans haven't become totalitarian dictatorships or that gun-related mortality rates plummet because facts aren't important. Having a gun is really important, though. Probably the most important thing there is or could ever be.
    #loseeveryremaininggame

  16.  

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •