Page 19 of 105 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tates_by_state

Gun homicides seem to be split amoung red and blue states (gun homicides per 100,000 residents). Of the top 10, 6 voted for Obama. Of the bottom 10, 5 voted for Obama. Seems to be mixed.

New Yorka dn New Jersey are right in the middle of the pack.

Utah has a very easy CC process and it is in the bottom 10. Along with Idaho, Wyoming and the Dakotas.

Strange how peoples reactions and views are different. When I am out and I see a person carrying or glimpse someone with a CC I actually feel fine. Nice to know I have at least one armed citizen if a wacko ever shows up.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Australian suicide rates. Massacre/New Legislation in 96/97

^^^this

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bordelais7 View Post
    And Illinois -- the most restrictive conceal carry state -- has higher gun violence rates than Texas. Go figure.
    yeah, well at least Illinois seems to be doing something right where knives are concerned, it has one of the lowest rates of homicide by knife...

and I wonder what the knife laws are like in North Dakota - maybe knives are outlawed or maybe everyone required to carry one? Something seems to be a deterrent there.
    a blast from the past...
    http://www.freepennystockalerts.com/

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by moevillini View Post
    yeah, well at least Illinois seems to be doing something right where knives are concerned, it has one of the lowest rates of homicide by knife...

and I wonder what the knife laws are like in North Dakota - maybe knives are outlawed or maybe everyone required to carry one? Something seems to be a deterrent there.
    It's not counting bow and arrow deaths.

Couldn't help myself.

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Firearms listings temporarily suspended on KSL Classifieds
    http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=960&sid=23445793

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post
    Wow this is terrible news. I was planning on hitting up ksl right after Christmas, lol.

Unbelievable that we're allowing this gun control nonsense to happen. Maybe someone should steal a tanker truck and crash it into a school bus so we can outlaw gas and big or fast cars.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    "They're terkin R Gurns!"
    #BringBackUGLI

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Feldheimer View Post

Wait... so you're telling me that it was possible to sell guns on ksl before? So someone could put an add up to sell thier 9 millimeter for 50$ and a 14 year old kid (or violent criminal, or insane person) could call up that person and go pick it up from them?
    No background checks or anything?
    Was selling guns on ksl just like selling anything else in the classifieds (coffee tables, cars, etc etc)? Were there any additional restrictions/requirements for selling guns on there?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Wow this is terrible news. I was planning on hitting up ksl right after Christmas, lol.

Unbelievable that we're allowing this gun control nonsense to happen. Maybe someone should steal a tanker truck and crash it into a school bus so we can outlaw gas and big or fast cars.
    The comparison of cars to guns is really stupid... yes they can both kill people but that is where the comparison ends..... I need my vehicle (or a bus or some transportation) to get to work and everywhere else, but i have never needed my guns.
    Such a stupid comparison

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    The comparison of cars to guns is really stupid... yes they can both kill people but that is where the comparison ends..... I need my vehicle (or a bus or some transportation) to get to work and everywhere else, but i have never needed my guns.
    Such a stupid comparison
    I wouldn't take Salty to seriously on this topic.

Even though your response proved his point.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    do it Salty, be a martyr for the cause!

But which is it, big or fast?

<3
    a blast from the past...
    http://www.freepennystockalerts.com/

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by moevillini View Post
    do it Salty, be a martyr for the cause!

But which is it, big or fast?

<3
    Don't need me to do it. The next jackass who would normally do a mass shooting will just go that route instead.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Wait... so you're telling me that it was possible to sell guns on ksl before? So someone could put an add up to sell thier 9 millimeter for 50$ and a 14 year old kid (or violent criminal, or insane person) could call up that person and go pick it up from them?
    No background checks or anything?
    Was selling guns on ksl just like selling anything else in the classifieds (coffee tables, cars, etc etc)? Were there any additional restrictions/requirements for selling guns on there?
    Ya weird huh?

My friend bought a gun of KSL from one our own congressman here in Utah. That really threw me for one. He said it was just like any other transaction. I had to ask over over in different ways to see what I was missing, but sure enough, its that easy.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My solution to all this is, have all the guns you want, but if your gun is used in a murder, you spend one year in jail minimum. Nobody can sell or trade guns to one another. Only gun dealers can sell. Once you own a gun, its yours, its tied to you forever. We'll see then just how careless everyone is with there guns. And lets throw a 50,000 dollar fine on there too, just for ****s and giggles.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    My solution to all this is, have all the guns you want, but if your gun is used in a murder, you spend one year in jail minimum. Nobody can sell or trade guns to one another. Only gun dealers can sell. Once you own a gun, its yours, its tied to you forever. We'll see then just how careless everyone is with there guns. And lets throw a 50,000 dollar fine on there too, just for ****s and giggles.
    And then when criminals just start making their own guns?

I don't know if you're aware of this, but you can use a 3d printer to make a fully automatic ak 47 clone right now. The file you need to do it is all over the net right now.

3d printers are fairly new. If people are already making fully automatic ak47 clones with them, what will people be making in 5 years when you can get one for a couple hundred dollars?

We start censoring the net? Is that what's next?