Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Thats fine. But I think you missed my point then.

Im all for rights first and foremost. People should be abke to own guns. My problem is that most people only own them because they think they are toys. They collect them like they are stamps, and hardly any people even have safes or a way of keeping them out of other peoples hands. There is just foolish careless attitude people have for them. Thats why I say you should be punished if your gun ends up killing someone. And there should be some kind of limit too. I know people with 20, 30, 40 guns. WTF is that even for? This isnt a game and these arent toys.

People should be held responsible for what their gun does. If its used for criminal activity. Then maybe people will only obtain them for the reasons they are for. Not just because they think they are cool and fun to play with. Im not over playing that either. Thats a big part of american culture. People adore them like they are fancy cars or something. I come across these types all the time.

True and i would add that i own 2 guns and the last time i had any kind of gun safety training was when i was 14 years old. (im mid 30's now)

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by JGolds View Post
    gun control will lead to more and more and more control over guns. thats how politics work it seems.
    Possibly, and that would be unfortunate

I dont think there is a right or wrong answer really.

Rep Level
    KSL should just shut the whole website down. Why single out guns?

Got this from their mobile app a while back.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    You are 100 percent correct that i have no idea how the guns are sold on ksl, but from your post it seems like you are saying that MOST or MANY sellers require id or permits or something like that... But there are no requirements or regulations that are mandatory?.... So i could in fact sell to whoever i want regardless of age, criminal history, etc etc?
    It's entirely possible that a transaction that shouldn't happen, could.

If that is true then i think ksl did the right thing by stopping the POTENTIAL free for all of guns and money.
    Currently, private firearms transactions are legal in Utah. KSL is not the problem. People are the problem. When someone who shouldn't have a gun gets one, it is because someone else has acted negligently. But now everyone is in a panic, and want to stop the Titanic from sinking by painting the crown molding.

Rep Level
    KSL isn't taking some moral stand, they're just covering their own asses.

Duh.
    #OnlyPostsHashtags

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    It's entirely possible that a transaction that shouldn't happen, could.

Currently, private firearms transactions are legal in Utah. KSL is not the problem. People are the problem. When someone who shouldn't have a gun gets one, it is because someone else has acted negligently. But now everyone is in a panic, and want to stop the Titanic from sinking by painting the crown molding.
    Thanks for the info, i will be the first to admit that i dont know much at all about gun laws. (one of my guns was given to me by my father in law and the other was given to me by my dad when i was a kid)

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    KSL should just shut the whole website down. Why single out guns?

Got this from their mobile app a while back.

What are J's? And bleezy's?

Rep Level
    What are J's? And bleezy's?
    Lol, joints and blunts.

Rep Level
    Lol, joints and blunts.
    WTF. No way would I have guessed someone would be that stupid. Is that really real? Fess up. Thats photo shop right?

Rep Level
    WTF. No way would I have guessed someone would be that stupid. Is that really real? Fess up. Thats photo shop right?
    Nope, not photoshopped. Was a real ad. I figured it was probably a cop fishing for morons.

Rep Level
    So it sounds like we dont want it to be any harder for the "good guys" to be able to get guns, but i think we would all agree that we do want it to be more difficult for the "bad guys" to get them.

So anybody have a good way to make this happen?
    Bronco, you seem to be pretty smart and know your gun laws... do you have any thoughts on how this could be achieved?

Rep Level
    So it sounds like we dont want it to be any harder for the "good guys" to be able to get guns, but i think we would all agree that we do want it to be more difficult for the "bad guys" to get them.

Bronco, you seem to be pretty smart and know your gun laws... do you have any thoughts on how this could be achieved?
    How about, if you buy a gun you have to have it chained to your waist with a chain belt, permanently, and then fused to your backbone. Its not really unreasonable because guns are so important, nobody can live without them anyways.

Rep Level

The bad guys are stealing them now. More laws that don't hinder the guys guys, aren't going to hinder the bad guys.

If bad guys were legally buying guns, then tighter restrictions would probably reduce that. That isn't what's happening though. Bad guys are stealing guns, and will soon be making their own at home.

Rep Level
    How about, if you buy a gun you have to have it chained to your waist with a chain belt, permanently, and then fused to your backbone. Its not really unreasonable because guns are so important, nobody can live without them anyways.
    How about if you don't want a gun, don't buy one. If you're worried about a bad guy shooting you, hire a personal bodyguard, or buy a gun.

Rep Level
    The bad guys are stealing them now. More laws that don't hinder the guys guys, aren't going to hinder the bad guys.

If bad guys were legally buying guns, then tighter restrictions would probably reduce that. That isn't what's happening though. Bad guys are stealing guns, and will soon be making their own at home.
    I keep hearing this. And yet... I don't see any proof of it.

I don't see any proof that these "evil" people would have actually pushed through and obtained illegal weapons. We can always assume that they would have... Think Adam Lanza would have obtained the weapons he did had these weapons been either banned or strongly regulated? Would he have had those guns had his mom not owned them? I doubt it. He wouldn't have passed the exams necessary.

We can always assume that the CO shooter would have and could have obtained those weapons. But perhaps with better regulation he would have tripped up along the way and been caught?

Why not regulate (better) regulate these weapons? Why not make the process of purchasing these weapons much more comprehensive? What do you have to fear?
    Corbin sucks.