Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 1510

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #421
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    8,449
    Total Rep Points
    8094
    Rep Adjustment Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Should not the same criteria be applied to someone trying to vote? Why should one right be heavily monitored and the other a free for all?
    Collateral damage. No kids has killed themself with their parents vote. No one dies in a drive-by voting. People don't go to crowed places and shoots votes into the crowd. NO one think that putting up a list of registered voters makes their homes targets for theives seeking votes.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  2. #422
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,758
    Total Rep Points
    37653
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Collateral damage. No kids has killed themself with their parents vote. No one dies in a drive-by voting. People don't go to crowed places and shoots votes into the crowd. NO one think that putting up a list of registered voters makes their homes targets for theives seeking votes.
    Lol.... i love it.

    I would also add that when playing call of duty nobody is wishing they had a piece of paper with a box to check and a pencil as a weapon instead of an assault rifle.... I can just see a player out there checking off voting ballets and throwing the ballot at other players, while getting shot at with guns.

  3. #423
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,361
    Total Rep Points
    4257
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    it takes about an avg of 5 seconds to call 911.
    it takes a minute of 2 for cops to show up.

    time to draw and fire 2 shots(depending on training) takes less than a second.
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

  4. #424
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a ghetto near you. . . .
    Posts
    5,384
    Total Rep Points
    10665
    Rep Adjustment Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Collateral damage. No kids has killed themself with their parents vote. No one dies in a drive-by voting. People don't go to crowed places and shoots votes into the crowd. NO one think that putting up a list of registered voters makes their homes targets for theives seeking votes.
    We should not accept "collateral damage" all that easily.

    I don't think we can control our government today with small arms, and the issue really has gone to the voting places.

    We do need to take measures to prevent voting fraud, either by organizations or individuals. Checking ID is the least we can do. We should have competent processes for verifying the vote count, preventing individuals from voting more than once, and keeping the count verifiable by the public.

    incarcerated persons generally should keep their voting rights, as well as people in any sort of custody under any pretext by government.

    The "reasonable accommodation" brownnotes was alluding to, that supposedly is recognized by Obama, is not further regulation of guns, but effective protection of our voting rights.

    That means not allowing people who come into our country without going through the legal immigration process to vote, until they submit to those laws and demonstrate that they indeed want to be citizens of our country, and will uphold our laws and national independence.

    Failing to do that is tantamount to denigrating our rights to "responsive" or "representative" government.
    Last edited by babe; 12-27-2012 at 12:34 PM.

  5. #425
    Senior Member Scat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,439
    Total Rep Points
    6099
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Collateral damage. No kids has killed themself with their parents vote. No one dies in a drive-by voting. People don't go to crowed places and shoots votes into the crowd. NO one think that putting up a list of registered voters makes their homes targets for theives seeking votes.
    With enough votes for particular candidates or party members, policies can be put in place with far reaching ramifications for both current and future generations that will affect many more people than what are shot each year.

    While the effects may not be as immediate as a shooting, policy may be much more far reaching and harmful.

    I love how the left tries to pretend that letting people vote willy-nilly is harmless.
    Last edited by Scat; 12-27-2012 at 01:42 PM.

  6. #426
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    8,449
    Total Rep Points
    8094
    Rep Adjustment Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    We do need to take measures to prevent voting fraud, either by organizations or individuals. Checking ID is the least we can do.
    Shouldn't there be an issue with fraudulent voting before we enforce Voter IDs? None of the actual voting issues in this country are soved by Voter ID. It's a solution in search of a problem.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  7. #427
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    8,449
    Total Rep Points
    8094
    Rep Adjustment Power
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    I love how the left tries to pretend that letting people vote willy-nilly is harmless.
    I love how whenever look under the populist right-wing rhetoric stone, you can reliably find an elitist crawling out from it.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  8. #428
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,332
    Total Rep Points
    15633
    Rep Adjustment Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    With enough votes for particular candidates or party members, policies can be put in place with far reaching ramifications for both current and future generations that will affect many more people than what are shot each year.

    While the effects may not be as immediate as a shooting, policy may be much more far reaching and harmful.

    I love how the left tries to pretend that letting people vote willy-nilly is harmless.
    It's telling but nonetheless disconcerting that you apparently believe that policy is always harmful.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

  9. #429
    Senior Member Scat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,439
    Total Rep Points
    6099
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    It's telling but nonetheless disconcerting that you apparently believe that policy is always harmful.
    I never said that policy is always harmful. Just that some policies are or in the future may be.

  10. #430
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,758
    Total Rep Points
    37653
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    With enough votes for particular candidates or party members, policies can be put in place with far reaching ramifications for both current and future generations that will affect many more people than what are shot each year.

    While the effects may not be as immediate as a shooting, policy may be much more far reaching and harmful.

    I love how the left tries to pretend that letting people vote willy-nilly is harmless.
    I dont think that anyone was saying that votes dont have power or that they are harmless.... just saying that guns and votes are 2 different things and comparing them is stupid...... therefore the way that they are handled should be looked at separately.

  11. #431
    Senior Member Scat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,439
    Total Rep Points
    6099
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I dont think that anyone was saying that votes dont have power or that they are harmless.... just saying that guns and votes are 2 different things and comparing them is stupid...... therefore the way that they are handled should be looked at separately.
    The point I was trying to make is that there are a number of people here that have argued there should absolutely no rules, regulations, ID checks or any other such infringement on a person's right to vote because it is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. No questions asked. Anybody can vote, period. Asking for ID is voter suppression and infringing on Constitutional rights, i.e. voter ID is unconstitutional.

    These same people are the ones that think there should be numerous rules, regulations, background checks, mental checks, etc. for someone to purchase a gun even though owning a gun is also a Constitutional right.

    You can't have it both ways. Either Constitutional rights are subject to rules and regulation or they aren't.

  12. #432
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    16,758
    Total Rep Points
    37653
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    The point I was trying to make is that there are a number of people here that have argued there should absolutely no rules, regulations, ID checks or any other such infringement on a person's right to vote because it is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. No questions asked. Anybody can vote, period. Asking for ID is voter suppression and infringing on Constitutional rights, i.e. voter ID is unconstitutional.

    These same people are the ones that think there should be numerous rules, regulations, background checks, mental checks, etc. for someone to purchase a gun even though owning a gun is also a Constitutional right.

    You can't have it both ways. Either Constitutional rights are subject to rules and regulation or they aren't.
    Oh i see now.... fair enough and sorry if seemed i was on the attack.

  13.  

     

  14. #433
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,831
    Total Rep Points
    1026
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    The point I was trying to make is that there are a number of people here that have argued there should absolutely no rules, regulations, ID checks or any other such infringement on a person's right to vote because it is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. No questions asked. Anybody can vote, period. Asking for ID is voter suppression and infringing on Constitutional rights, i.e. voter ID is unconstitutional.

    These same people are the ones that think there should be numerous rules, regulations, background checks, mental checks, etc. for someone to purchase a gun even though owning a gun is also a Constitutional right.

    You can't have it both ways. Either Constitutional rights are subject to rules and regulation or they aren't.
    Not all of those "same people" are lumped into that group. I've been pretty consistent against restrictions on both rights.

  15. #434
    Senior Member Scat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,439
    Total Rep Points
    6099
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Not all of those "same people" are lumped into that group. I've been pretty consistent against restrictions on both rights.
    I'll give you this.

  16. #435
    Senior Member Scat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,439
    Total Rep Points
    6099
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    This will put a few people here into a tailspin...

    http://townhall.com/news/politics-el...chers-n1474577

    Utah is among a few states that let people carry licensed concealed weapons into public schools without exception, the National Conference of State Legislatures says in a 2012 compendium of state gun laws.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •