Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Should not the same criteria be applied to someone trying to vote? Why should one right be heavily monitored and the other a free for all?
    Collateral damage. No kids has killed themself with their parents vote. No one dies in a drive-by voting. People don't go to crowed places and shoots votes into the crowd. NO one think that putting up a list of registered voters makes their homes targets for theives seeking votes.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Collateral damage. No kids has killed themself with their parents vote. No one dies in a drive-by voting. People don't go to crowed places and shoots votes into the crowd. NO one think that putting up a list of registered voters makes their homes targets for theives seeking votes.
    Lol.... i love it.

I would also add that when playing call of duty nobody is wishing they had a piece of paper with a box to check and a pencil as a weapon instead of an assault rifle.... I can just see a player out there checking off voting ballets and throwing the ballot at other players, while getting shot at with guns.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    it takes about an avg of 5 seconds to call 911.
    it takes a minute of 2 for cops to show up.

time to draw and fire 2 shots(depending on training) takes less than a second.
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We should not accept "collateral damage" all that easily.

I don't think we can control our government today with small arms, and the issue really has gone to the voting places.

We do need to take measures to prevent voting fraud, either by organizations or individuals. Checking ID is the least we can do. We should have competent processes for verifying the vote count, preventing individuals from voting more than once, and keeping the count verifiable by the public.

incarcerated persons generally should keep their voting rights, as well as people in any sort of custody under any pretext by government.

The "reasonable accommodation" brownnotes was alluding to, that supposedly is recognized by Obama, is not further regulation of guns, but effective protection of our voting rights.

That means not allowing people who come into our country without going through the legal immigration process to vote, until they submit to those laws and demonstrate that they indeed want to be citizens of our country, and will uphold our laws and national independence.

Failing to do that is tantamount to denigrating our rights to "responsive" or "representative" government.
    Last edited by babe; 12-27-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    With enough votes for particular candidates or party members, policies can be put in place with far reaching ramifications for both current and future generations that will affect many more people than what are shot each year.

While the effects may not be as immediate as a shooting, policy may be much more far reaching and harmful.

I love how the left tries to pretend that letting people vote willy-nilly is harmless.
    Last edited by Scat; 12-27-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    We do need to take measures to prevent voting fraud, either by organizations or individuals. Checking ID is the least we can do.
    Shouldn't there be an issue with fraudulent voting before we enforce Voter IDs? None of the actual voting issues in this country are soved by Voter ID. It's a solution in search of a problem.

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I love how the left tries to pretend that letting people vote willy-nilly is harmless.
    I love how whenever look under the populist right-wing rhetoric stone, you can reliably find an elitist crawling out from it.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    With enough votes for particular candidates or party members, policies can be put in place with far reaching ramifications for both current and future generations that will affect many more people than what are shot each year.

While the effects may not be as immediate as a shooting, policy may be much more far reaching and harmful.

It's telling but nonetheless disconcerting that you apparently believe that policy is always harmful.
    Quote Originally Posted by every forum dreg
    I think he can play SF

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    It's telling but nonetheless disconcerting that you apparently believe that policy is always harmful.
    I never said that policy is always harmful. Just that some policies are or in the future may be.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

I dont think that anyone was saying that votes dont have power or that they are harmless.... just saying that guns and votes are 2 different things and comparing them is stupid...... therefore the way that they are handled should be looked at separately.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I dont think that anyone was saying that votes dont have power or that they are harmless.... just saying that guns and votes are 2 different things and comparing them is stupid...... therefore the way that they are handled should be looked at separately.
    The point I was trying to make is that there are a number of people here that have argued there should absolutely no rules, regulations, ID checks or any other such infringement on a person's right to vote because it is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. No questions asked. Anybody can vote, period. Asking for ID is voter suppression and infringing on Constitutional rights, i.e. voter ID is unconstitutional.

These same people are the ones that think there should be numerous rules, regulations, background checks, mental checks, etc. for someone to purchase a gun even though owning a gun is also a Constitutional right.

You can't have it both ways. Either Constitutional rights are subject to rules and regulation or they aren't.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The point I was trying to make is that there are a number of people here that have argued there should absolutely no rules, regulations, ID checks or any other such infringement on a person's right to vote because it is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. No questions asked. Anybody can vote, period. Asking for ID is voter suppression and infringing on Constitutional rights, i.e. voter ID is unconstitutional.

These same people are the ones that think there should be numerous rules, regulations, background checks, mental checks, etc. for someone to purchase a gun even though owning a gun is also a Constitutional right.

You can't have it both ways. Either Constitutional rights are subject to rules and regulation or they aren't.
    Oh i see now.... fair enough and sorry if seemed i was on the attack.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Not all of those "same people" are lumped into that group. I've been pretty consistent against restrictions on both rights.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    Not all of those "same people" are lumped into that group. I've been pretty consistent against restrictions on both rights.
    I'll give you this.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This will put a few people here into a tailspin...

http://townhall.com/news/politics-el...chers-n1474577

Utah is among a few states that let people carry licensed concealed weapons into public schools without exception, the National Conference of State Legislatures says in a 2012 compendium of state gun laws.