Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    You mean like Hurricane Sandy? Were guns that useful in the aftermath? Did people with AR-15s fare better than those with revolvers?
    some of your replys make me question if you are mentatlly there sometimes... i dont thin you understood what salty was refering to. was there anachry breaking out?... um not i dont think so.... ur point is rather void of purpose... sometimes i just think you like to type response and leave remarks to watch your post count go up. ( and honestly that is all your accomplishing) Oh, and you are this quote to a T "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
    Mark Twain
    “Silence is golden, and gold is up these days, so silence is a solid investment.”
    ― Jarod Kintz

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    So, you're talking about indicriminantly shooting into a crowd. Since you are talking about the LA riots, do you have any reason to think that people defending themselves with bolt-action rifles or hand- guns were more vunerable to the crowd than those with AR-15s?

Then why aren't pistols with magazines good against a crowd? It's not like a mob coordinates its attacks.
    No I'm talking about taking aimed shots at a mob attacking you or trying to loot your property. There are instances where they may very well coordinate their attacks, like, if you have a bunch of supplies in the aftermath of a natural disaster in which some people fear starving to death.

The guy in Sandy Hook was killing small children. He didn't need the AR-15, nor did it result in him killing more than he could have with pistols. He was shooting small children at close range. What gun regulation would you like to impose to make that event less deadly and tragic?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    No I'm talking about taking aimed shots at a mob attacking you or trying to loot your property. There are instances where they may very well coordinate their attacks, like, if you have a bunch of supplies in the aftermath of a natural disaster in which some people fear starving to death...
    lord knows you'll need them once the stampeding masses find out about that stash of Twinkies you've hidden away!
    a blast from the past...
    http://www.freepennystockalerts.com/

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    In Cali, gun sales nearly double yet injuries and deaths from guns drop...

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/12/27/507...-increase.html

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post

Hmm..... so "Gun Control Advocates", do you have an explanation for this??
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    significantly improved medical care, particularly in the ER and by first responders

the AMA has done significant research on this, look it up

also, gun sales do not necessarily equate to gun usage
    a blast from the past...
    http://www.freepennystockalerts.com/

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JGolds View Post
    some of your replys make me question if you are mentatlly there sometimes... i dont thin you understood what salty was refering to. was there anachry breaking out?... um not i dont think so.... ur point is rather void of purpose... sometimes i just think you like to type response and leave remarks to watch your post count go up. ( and honestly that is all your accomplishing) Oh, and you are this quote to a T "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
    Mark Twain
    Take that advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eenie-Meenie View Post
    I've never stalked anyone in my life, including any of my girl friends.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    Hmm..... so "Gun Control Advocates", do you have an explanation for this??
    Medicinal marijuana?

Kidding

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by moevillini View Post
    significantly improved medical care, particularly in the ER and by first responders
    In a year?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    In a year?
    That is also focusing on the deaths part of it and not the injuries part. Regardless of the level of medical care, once you are injured you're injured.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by moevillini View Post

the AMA has done significant research on this, look it up

also, gun sales do not necessarily equate to gun usage
    Very true, especially as gun hording seems to be all the rage within the gun-loving community these days. More guns but owned by fewer people. These gun hoarders also tend to be experienced with firearms and familiar with standard safety practices.

This seems like a good place to list the "4 rules" as I am an advocate of their practice.
    Taken from some random website that was towards the top of the page when I used google.

The Four Basic Principles of Safe Gun Handling

To help ensure safe practices at home and on the range, make these gun handling principles your own, and they will become natural habits whenever you handle a firearm. The ADTA observes and enforces these principles at all ADTA events, from demonstrations to dry practice events to live fire events, and we're glad to help new shooters get started.

1. Treat every firearm as if it's loaded.

Even if you're absolutely certain a gun is unloaded, still follow these rules for safe gun handling. You want these rules to be natural habits; holding yourself to them each and every time helps make them so.

2. Never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy.

Accept the mindset to always keep your gun pointed in a direction that would safely stop the bullet should it discharge. At an ADTA event, if you're not on the firing line, your gun should stay holstered muzzle-down, cased, or locked open and pointing down and away from people. If you're on the firing line, your gun should stay pointed downrange, at the bullet trap backstop at the end of the range. If you will be cleaning or handling your unloaded gun at home, find a safe direction ahead of time -- bullets penetrate floors, ceiling, windows, and walls. Masonry, a full bookcase, a full freezer, downward (if you're on the ground floor), or even a five gallon bucket of sand may be good options.

3. Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

You are responsible for the entire path of every bullet you fire from your gun. If you hit your intended target, the bullet may still continue through. ADTA live-fire events are conducted at locations with designated bullet trap backstops or berms to help contain rounds to the intended range area; you are responsible for only aiming in directions where you can be assured the bullet will be safely stopped.

4. Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and ready to fire.

At ADTA events, when you're holding a gun but not shooting, you'll hear us ask you to "index" your trigger finger. This means to keep your trigger finger straight, and to raise it up to rest flat alongside the body of your gun. Whenever you are not on target and ready to fire, your trigger finger should always be outside the trigger guard and resting straight and flat alongside the body of your gun.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    That is also focusing on the deaths part of it and not the injuries part. Regardless of the level of medical care, once you are injured you're injured.
    But chicks dig scars...

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JGolds View Post
    some of your replys make me question if you are mentatlly there sometimes... i dont thin you understood what salty was refering to. was there anachry breaking out?... um not i dont think so
    So, how large of a disaster does it take for anarchy to break out, and what makes you think an AR-15 will fare better than a revolver in such a scenario?
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    No I'm talking about taking aimed shots at a mob attacking you or trying to loot your property. There are instances where they may very well coordinate their attacks, like, if you have a bunch of supplies in the aftermath of a natural disaster in which some people fear starving to death.
    Say, as in Hurricane Katrina? Any evidence that those with AR-15s did better in protecting their property than those with ordinary pistols, revolvers, etc.? How big of a disaster does it take for this effect to show?

The guy in Sandy Hook was killing small children. He didn't need the AR-15, nor did it result in him killing more than he could have with pistols. He was shooting small children at close range. What gun regulation would you like to impose to make that event less deadly and tragic?
    Being able to shoot fewer bullets in a given time-span means fewer people get shot, right?

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Violent crime has been dropping across the country, at about the same rate, regardless of local gun laws.