Page 38 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The LDS church has placed susbstantial amounts of money, man power adn resources into"modernizing" places. Like adding plumbing to young women camps and making out of the way places viable. I think Utah (and other LDS dominated areas like Idaho) would handle any extreme civil strife better than almost anywhere else in the US on a societal level.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;
    that tonight's gonna be a good good night; wooh hoo (x4) - For Cy

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    The LDS church has placed susbstantial amounts of money, man power adn resources into"modernizing" places. Like adding plumbing to young women camps and making out of the way places viable. I think Utah (and other LDS dominated areas like Idaho) would handle any extreme civil strife better than almost anywhere else in the US on a societal level.
    this is indeed a very minimal assessment of community preparations here for human needs in time of trouble, but I was thinking more of the "critical mass" of public sentiments and virtues. People who will help their neighbors in time of need. Of how neighbors in Utah communities, particularly Mormons in their wards, would roll outta their houses to speak up against some pre-gulag gun confiscation squad breaking down Brother Jones' front door in the middle of the night.

I'm still waiting for the lights to come on at KSL news, though. They're still parroting the mainstream news talking points like any other stupid local news outfit.

The small Utah town of Spring City, in central Utah. . . sporting about a thousand residents and maygbe two hundred homes tops, has recommended every home be equipped with personal defense weapons, and announced a program to assist with concealed carry permit training, and other weapon training. Some whiners are threatening to sue against public funds being dispensed for such purposes, but it's actually very cost-effective compared to paying for a city cop to park in front of the Seven-Eleven all night drinking the free hot chocolate or Slurpees or Dr. Pepper, trying to stay awake. . . .

And if Alex Jones isn't just up in the night worrying about UN armadas of swat teams driving into town to pick up all the guns. . . . well, in this town the cop or maybe sherriff, with about a hundred "deer hunters" trained to shoot responsibly would make the three vehicles with military equipment decide to just turn around and go to the next town. . . .

So come to Utah, folks, and help declare a totalitarian governance-free zone no SRI/prozac dude would choose for a place to make a grand stand against the world by shooting unprotected kids.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have to admit that I enojoy reading your posts Babe. Very ... provacative. I was just reading about the Spring City "recomendation". They are also trying to arm and train the 20+ elementary school teachers/officials.

As for the UN angle. If the UN (foreign troops) came onto US soil to confiscate guns there would be war. Send a UN platoon into a place like Cold Water MS to take peoples guns away and the next time you see those troops is when their bodies are dumped off at the morgue.

I Got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night; that tonight's gonna be a good night;

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by larryselbows View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    ^check page 36.
    lol, my bad.
    didn't you mean check post #536? This thread is only on page 14 on my computer.

Bud...

:wink:
    a blast from the past...
    http://www.freepennystockalerts.com/

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by moevillini View Post
    didn't you mean check post #536? This thread is only on page 14 on my computer.

Bud...

:wink:
    I thought about that after I posted. Figured larryselbows was a default settings kind of guy and let it go.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have to admit that I enojoy reading your posts Babe. Very ... provacative. I was just reading about the Spring City "recomendation". They are also trying to arm and train the 20+ elementary school teachers/officials.

As for the UN angle. If the UN (foreign troops) came onto US soil to confiscate guns there would be war. Send a UN platoon into a place like Cold Water MS to take peoples guns away and the next time you see those troops is when their bodies are dumped off at the morgue.
    The only thing about babe's posts, is they're always going to be guarenteed to be waaaaaay long and drawn out.

On a side note.... Joe Biden now says the president will explore using executive orders to deal with gun control.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/09/politi...tle/?hpt=po_c1
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    The only thing about babe's posts, is they're always going to be guarenteed to be waaaaaay long and drawn out.

On a side note.... Joe Biden now says the president will explore using executive orders to deal with gun control.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/09/politi...tle/?hpt=po_c1
    Wow. That's a pretty extreme step.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Wow. That's a pretty extreme step.
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/06/ne...l-term-limits/

There is another extreme step for you. No I am not worried about it passing but that congressman should be removed from office.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What do you guys think about ordering large quantities of ammo online?

I've done it. It's a huge money saver and often the only way to get very specific types of ammo.

Just to put things in perspective for those who never shoot, ammo is expensive. I don't go to the range to fire 10 rounds and go home. I'll usually fire a few hundred rounds, often around 100-200 rounds per gun I bring. For a 100pk of something like .40 it's close to $40, and that's for the value pack at walmart. It's often about $25 or so for a 50pk, but again, for range type ammo. For "personal defense" ammo, specifically the same exact ammo the local police use, it's around $20-$25 for 20 rounds. Buying in bulk makes it much easier and more affordable to practice with your firearms. The fun of owning firearms in my opinion is in firing them. I think it is very important to be extremely familiar with the firearms you own. The only way to do that is to use the firearm.

I imagine bulk online ammo sales are going to be targeted by any executive order. To me that is a move intended to make the hobby/sport of shooting and firearms ownership more difficult, more expensive and less enjoyable/accessible. It has nothing to do with crime and everything to do with attacking "gun culture" itself.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/06/ne...l-term-limits/

There is another extreme step for you. No I am not worried about it passing but that congressman should be removed from office.
    I'm opposed to term limits at any level of government.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What do you guys think about ordering large quantities of ammo online?

I've done it. It's a huge money saver and often the only way to get very specific types of ammo.

Just to put things in perspective for those who never shoot, ammo is expensive. I don't go to the range to fire 10 rounds and go home. I'll usually fire a few hundred rounds, often around 100-200 rounds per gun I bring. For a 100pk of something like .40 it's close to $40, and that's for the value pack at walmart. It's often about $25 or so for a 50pk, but again, for range type ammo. For "personal defense" ammo, specifically the same exact ammo the local police use, it's around $20-$25 for 20 rounds. Buying in bulk makes it much easier and more affordable to practice with your firearms. The fun of owning firearms in my opinion is in firing them. I think it is very important to be extremely familiar with the firearms you own. The only way to do that is to use the firearm.

I imagine bulk online ammo sales are going to be targeted by any executive order. To me that is a move intended to make the hobby/sport of shooting and firearms ownership more difficult, more expensive and less enjoyable/accessible. It has nothing to do with crime and everything to do with attacking "gun culture" itself.
    well a couple hundred rounds is pretty different than a couple thousand rounds. How many do you average using when you go shooting?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Ok. So lets do nothing then. Just let it keep happening and say o well what do you do
    This is actually what we pretty much should do. I`m tired of people and this country freaking out cause a couple idiots went off the deep end.

It`s always going to happen, no matter what.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    well a couple hundred rounds is pretty different than a couple thousand rounds. How many do you average using when you go shooting?
    Right, but I buy a 4-6 month supply of TP at Costco because it saves me money. No one "needs" a 6 month supply of TP all at one time, but it makes sense economically. And, if a big storm hit and the stores were out of TP for a long time I'd be covered.

I usually shoot 300-500 rounds when I go to the range. It usually costs me around $100 in ammo. If I bought ammo at the range it'd cost about 20% more. If I was smarter and I bought ammo online it's cost me maybe 10-15% less than what I pay at WalMart.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Right, but I buy a 4-6 month supply of TP at Costco because it saves me money. No one "needs" a 6 month supply of TP all at one time, but it makes sense economically. And, if a big storm hit and the stores were out of TP for a long time I'd be covered.

I usually shoot 300-500 rounds when I go to the range. It usually costs me around $100 in ammo. If I bought ammo at the range it'd cost about 20% more. If I was smarter and I bought ammo online it's cost me maybe 10-15% less than what I pay at WalMart.
    This reminds me that I need to go get some more ammo. I am out of .22 shells entirely.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Well TP. That's a basic need. So a trip to the range runs $200 in ammo?