Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 705 of 1510

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #691
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    8,704
    Total Rep Points
    8493
    Rep Adjustment Power
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    I have seen that info in a few articles about the shooting.
    I assumed the factual content was correct. I was just curious if that thought process had been confirmed by the shooter, that he chose a theater for that reason.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  2. #692
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    8,704
    Total Rep Points
    8493
    Rep Adjustment Power
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    True, they can.
    My apologies for being unclear. I wasn't talking about the seriousness of the offence. I meant that an arrest is meaningless in terms of assessing whether a person is a threat. You can be arrested on almost no evidence at all. Convictions would be different.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  3. #693
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,309
    Total Rep Points
    26764
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    I assumed the factual content was correct. I was just curious if that thought process had been confirmed by the shooter, that he chose a theater for that reason.
    To be honest, I do not remmeber.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  4. #694
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,309
    Total Rep Points
    26764
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    My apologies for being unclear. I wasn't talking about the seriousness of the offence. I meant that an arrest is meaningless in terms of assessing whether a person is a threat. You can be arrested on almost no evidence at all. Convictions would be different.
    Yes convictions should be the key element. If a conviction comes up it is not an immediate approval or denail but requies a closer look. Same with mental helth records.

    I think that is fair.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  5. #695
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,309
    Total Rep Points
    26764
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    There are already officials in Texas, Oregon and Idaho that are saying they will not enforce any new federal laws or bans in relation to guns.

    What are your opinions on that? (general question for who ever wants to reply)
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  6. #696
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,524
    Total Rep Points
    4566
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Have fun having your private cell phone conversations, emails and all other electronic forms of communication monitored without a court order.
    Have fun talking to police in case you buy to much fertilizer.
    Have fun being hit with a criminal record if you are a CC permit holder and take your gun to the wrong state.
    Have fun being an immigrant and being held indefinately.
    State and Federal police can now search a home or business without an order or even the owners knowledge that they are searching under certain conditions.
    Have fun having your financial records being searched thru without your knowledge or consent.

    All allowable under the law now and in clear violation of our rights. You want to talk about paranoid? Fine, but pull your damn head out of the sand first.

    No, I do not think that they will ban guns and when I wake up tomorrow I will see Brown Shirts in my town telling people when they can move about, how much food they can buy and who they can talk to. However I do think that you will continue to see a systematic and gradual reducing of our rights until the people stop it. We cans top it thru voting and opposing uncosntitutional measures thru the courts and having them repealed.
    AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!.
    mods: this is not a thread this is just me agreeing to his post
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

  7. #697
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    2,459
    Total Rep Points
    1884
    Rep Adjustment Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    There are already officials in Texas, Oregon and Idaho that are saying they will not enforce any new federal laws or bans in relation to guns.

    What are your opinions on that? (general question for who ever wants to reply)
    I have heard about a sheriff in Arizona that is threatening to deputize the entire county. If everyone is law enforcement, then everyone is allowed to have firearms.
    Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
    Just like everyone else.
    -Margaret Mead

  8. #698
    Senior Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    17,391
    Total Rep Points
    39284
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    There are already officials in Texas, Oregon and Idaho that are saying they will not enforce any new federal laws or bans in relation to guns.

    What are your opinions on that? (general question for who ever wants to reply)
    Im not surprised... this is why its annoying that all the gun lovers are freaking out.
    This is why i keep telling my friends and family members who are freaking out to calm down.... most likely either nothing will change or there will be very minor changes that affect 0.5 percent of the population.

    No ones guns will be taken away, i promise you all.

  9. #699
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,309
    Total Rep Points
    26764
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Im not surprised... this is why its annoying that all the gun lovers are freaking out.
    This is why i keep telling my friends and family members who are freaking out to calm down.... most likely either nothing will change or there will be very minor changes that affect 0.5 percent of the population.

    No ones guns will be taken away, i promise you all.
    I do not anyone here is thinking they will be. However that does not change the fact that our rights may be infringed on in other ways.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  10. #700
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    1. Have fun having your private cell phone conversations, emails and all other electronic forms of communication monitored without a court order.
    2. Have fun talking to police in case you buy to much fertilizer.
    3. Have fun being hit with a criminal record if you are a CC permit holder and take your gun to the wrong state.
    4. Have fun being an immigrant and being held indefinately.
    5. State and Federal police can now search a home or business without an order or even the owners knowledge that they are searching under certain conditions.
    6. Have fun having your financial records being searched thru without your knowledge or consent.

    All allowable under the law now and in clear violation of our rights. You want to talk about paranoid? Fine, but pull your damn head out of the sand first.

    No, I do not think that they will ban guns and when I wake up tomorrow I will see Brown Shirts in my town telling people when they can move about, how much food they can buy and who they can talk to. However I do think that you will continue to see a systematic and gradual reducing of our rights until the people stop it. We cans top it thru voting and opposing uncosntitutional measures thru the courts and having them repealed.
    1. they would be really bored and I have nothing to hide
    2. I'm fine with this, I mean how much fertilizer do you really need?
    3. That would be uncool
    4. Not cool either
    5. They wouldnt search my home because I have nothing to hide and do nothing fishy
    6. They would just laugh at how poor I am, and I also have nothing to hide

    I think people are generally worried about something that will never ever affect them. Like 1, 2, 5, 6 .... Maybe I'm just naive but these things wont effect me so I wont stress over them.

  11. #701
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,309
    Total Rep Points
    26764
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    1. they would be really bored and I have nothing to hide
    2. I'm fine with this, I mean how much fertilizer do you really need?
    3. That would be uncool
    4. Not cool either
    5. They wouldnt search my home because I have nothing to hide and do nothing fishy
    6. They would just laugh at how poor I am, and I also have nothing to hide

    I think people are generally worried about something that will never ever affect them. Like 1, 2, 5, 6 .... Maybe I'm just naive but these things wont effect me so I wont stress over them.
    Then it certainly sounds to me like you are not to concerned with keeping your constitutional rights.

    Also I just recently heard that the Bank of America is no longer processing card transactions on gun and ammo sales. Just something I have heard and I have not real info to back this up. Has anyone seen or heard anything about that?
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  12. #702
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Then it certainly sounds to me like you are not to concerned with keeping your constitutional rights.

    Also I just recently heard that the Bank of America is no longer processing card transactions on gun and ammo sales. Just something I have heard and I have not real info to back this up. Has anyone seen or heard anything about that?
    I've heard rumors about that but I find it very hard to believe.

    If they are rights I dont use then I wont be bothered by not having them. I'm sure it will effect others though.

  13. #703
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,309
    Total Rep Points
    26764
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    I have heard about a sheriff in Arizona that is threatening to deputize the entire county. If everyone is law enforcement, then everyone is allowed to have firearms.
    I see that as a knee jerk reaction and very problematic. You deputize them and then you have a bunch of people running around trying to arrest people and what not.

    Not a good solution.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  14.  

     

  15. #704
    Moderator Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    21,309
    Total Rep Points
    26764
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartsock View Post
    I've heard rumors about that but I find it very hard to believe.

    If they are rights I dont use then I wont be bothered by not having them. I'm sure it will effect others though.
    Just be careful about what you say and how you say it then.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  16. #705
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Just be careful about what you say and how you say it then.
    I'm sure the gov has bigger problems than a nerdy white male with no criminal record living in Utah. I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory though, so I guess that could cause be some problems.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •