Gameface - I'm not a homosexual. In all seriousness though, I'm all for doing things to protect our country, I have not been bothered by the patriot act in the least. I'm sure I'm in the minority but I'd rather have a few more rights lost that shouldnt effect anyone not doing anything wrong, then have another 9/11
Obama released a list of actions he wants to take:
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system. - agreed
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system. - agreed
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system. - fine
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks. - fine
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun. - overdue
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers. - fine
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign. - need more info
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission). - fine
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations. - Not sure I like this
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement. - fine
11. Nominate an ATF director. - long overdue. It has been 6 years...
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations. - yes
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime. - fine
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence. - fine
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies. - good idea
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes. - none of my Drs. damn business. Bad idea, NO
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities. - good idea
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers. - yes
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education. - fine
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover. - How does this belong here?
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges. - Does not belong here
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations. - fine
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health. - fine
Keep in mind this is his list of "executive actions" not a list of what he wants ongress to pass.
All Abaord The 5th Seed Jazz Express!!!
dam bro looks like obama is kickin ass and takin names
For all the bitching I've heard about Obama and his gun witch hunt, it seems like his plans are for the mos part, pretty good ideas. The assualt weapon ban and clip limit wont help but I dont think it will hurt either. Seems like a bunch of blah with a few decent ideas mixed in.
So all ammo used in hunting big game?7. legislation to bar the possession and importation of armor-piercing bullets
I'd really like to see what they define as armor-piercing. But more to the point, if the 2nd amendment is about resisting tyranny then this is a huge blow to the 2nd amendment that has almost nothing to do with crime. Armor-piercing rounds are not a must-have item for criminals. They are typically attacking unarmed and unarmored civilians. This will un-level the playing field between civilians and government agents and do very little else.