Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    There ya go... compare our president to hitler. Good job scat, you are a great american.

BTW i dont have a problem with our president being nice to and having fun with kids.. i actually think that is a good quality in a person. To each thier own i guess.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    There ya go... compare our president to hitler. Good job scat, you are a great american.

BTW i dont have a problem with our president being nice to and having fun with kids.. i actually think that is a good quality in a person. To each thier own i guess.
    I'm sure the Germans said similar things back when Hitler did the exact same thing.

What's that saying about history repeating itself?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I agree wholeheartedly with you. That said, what Obama did today, using kids as a prop to push an agenda, is not a good quality in a person.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with you. That said, what Obama did today, using kids as a prop to push an agenda, is not a good quality in a person.
    Please get your facts straight - they're not kids, they're crisis actors.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    I'm sure the Germans said similar things back when Hitler did the exact same thing.

What's that saying about history repeating itself?

Thank god i dont share your paranoia

So you actually think that obama is planning on putting millions of a certain type of people into concentration camps and murdering them? Wow

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thank god i dont share your paranoia

So you actually think that obama is planning on putting millions of a certain type of people into concentration camps and murdering them? Wow
    Right, because that's exactly what I said. Wow.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    A prominent member of the media comparing Obama's fight to change gun rights to the fight against Nazism in the 30's and 40's...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew...den-defeating-

A great American, no doubt.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    It affects the probability someone in your family will die this year. Having a doctor discuss this with you is one way of a) providing regular reminders of the importance of safety b) in a confidential environment.
    No it does not . they are locked in a safe that only my wife and I know the combination to and the keys are on my key chain that I carry with me. they have no affect on my or my families health.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I agree fish . the Hitler comparisons have no place here. come on scat
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It affects the probability someone in your family will die this year. Having a doctor discuss this with you is one way of a) providing regular reminders of the importance of safety b) in a confidential environment.

In the interest of fairness I want to relate a personal experience.

My mother tried to kill herself 3 times that I know of. Each time she was unsuccessful. However, I would describe her attempts as intended to be attempts, if you know what I mean and not to be insensitive.

My sister made three attempts to kill herself. Once she was unsuccessful, twice someone intervened and saved her life, otherwise she absolutely would have died.

My father attempted suicide one time and successfully killed himself.

The difference...My father used a gun.

I do believe having a gun in the home increases the chance that someone will be harmed more than it increases the chance that someone will be saved.

That said, I support a person's right to use a gun for self defense.

Somewhere between Tucson and Taylorsville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    Where did you get the notion that assault weapons fire rapidly? It's false but seems to be a very popular notion amongst those in favor of banning "assault weapons" so I'm genuinely interested in how this notion has come to be so wide-spread and accepted as fact.
    Um, there are 20+ dead children in Newtown, Connecticut, who show how "assault weapons" or assault-like weapons such as the AR-15 fire rapidly, even if it's not automatic-rapidly.

Jared Lee Loughner killed 6 people and wounded 13 others when he was able to fire plenty rapidly with a semi-automatic gun with a large magazine. Didn't get apprehended until he had to stop to reload.
    Someone asked if a center can still be a difference-maker in today's NBA, and Shaq said, "No. Not shooting jumpers."
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/1...nant-bigs-done

Banned
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by InGameStrategy View Post
    Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla
    I feel like this is a better representation of what Mr. Strategy is trying to relay to us.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would argue the probablity goes up. for not getting raped or murdered. assuming the have the propper firearm training.

but you go ahead and believe owning a gun decreases your live expectancy.
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    No it does not . they are locked in a safe that only my wife and I know the combination to and the keys are on my key chain that I carry with me. they have no affect on my or my families health.
    really in my home they where never in a safe. they where in a gun case all 20 guns.
    from when we get 6 year old we got training in how to use each and every gun we owned. then where freely available for us.
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by InGameStrategy View Post
    Um, there are 20+ dead children in Newtown, Connecticut, who show how "assault weapons" or assault-like weapons such as the AR-15 fire rapidly, even if it's not automatic-rapidly.

Jared Lee Loughner killed 6 people and wounded 13 others when he was able to fire plenty rapidly with a semi-automatic gun with a large magazine. Didn't get apprehended until he had to stop to reload.
    I can easily fire a handgun as fast as he fired that rifle. That is a very poor arguement for a number of resons.

So what happened in one case is enough for you base an entire policy off of? Fair enough. Insert a case where a person having a large magazine saved their life. Oh look at that! I guess we should keep them.
    #BelieveInLindsey