Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by udflyer View Post

2. Coaching - Ty NEVER tries anything. Start the 2nd unit in the 3rd quarter, play Burks, play Kanter longer than 14 minutes when he is 4/4 in beast mode.
    Agreed. This team was dead in the 2nd half from last nights game. This game was dying for Burks to be subbed in.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Big T just said it all. 38 points in the paint 34 of which were in the first half

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    See that wasn't so hard. And yes there is plenty of blame to go around. I agree that Foye, Marvin, and Sap also played a huge roll in the loss tonight.
    Al is what he is--an offensive player who cadillacs on defense. It's not his fault when Corbin keeps calling for him to post up and no one else can get or hit an open look.

On defense, look at the difference on the boards. We got outhustled all over the floor.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    They made defensive adjustments at halftime. Tony Allen basically shut down Hayward. Gasol and Randolph did a good job on Jefferson. They gave open looks to Marvin Williams and Jamal Tinsley. The result: 10 pts. in the 3rd quarter. They carved us up.
    You mean they have a coach that knows basketball .... huh ... what a concept

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    Big T just said it all. 38 points in the paint 34 of which were in the first half
    That's what I'm saying. 3 after 3 to start 2nd half and then we gave up
    Long Live JYD

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It's time to move Foye over to the backup 1. Get rid of Tinsely, or Watson.
    Play Burks more.
    Break up Sap, and Big Al.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Mo Williams didn't deliver tonight. He couldn't get us going, and he didn't take shots. Conley took him out of his game.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Now an awesome 4 game roadie right
    Long Live JYD

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    15 Fast Break Points in the 1st half
    0 in the 2nd half

How many minutes did Jefferson play in the 2nd half - 19 of 24 I want to say.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al is what he is--an offensive player who cadillacs on defense. It's not his fault when Corbin keeps calling for him to post up and no one else can get or hit an open look.

On defense, look at the difference on the boards. We got outhustled all over the floor.
    Would you like to see Big Al paired with Favors more?

Big Al is flat out lazy on defense too much. You have to see that dude. He watches people go to the rim, he's one of the worst pick n roll defenders, etc.
    I hope you can see that. He does have an offensive game. I just can't stand to see him and Sap play together so much, esp against elite top teams.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    It's time to move Foye over to the backup 1. Get rid of Tinsely, or Watson.
    Play Burks more.
    Break up Sap, and Big Al.
    Let's just committ to the youth to see who we should keep and who we should trade.

At this rate , we will finish 8th at best. With Youth , we will be 8-11. Not a big difference. Thing is , after you commit to youth, STICK with it.

Here are my starters:

1. Mo (relucatntly...hope we can trade Al for someone better)
    2. Burks
    3. Hayward
    4. Favors
    5. Kanter

At this rate all our young guns have been inconsistent. Some(Burks) have not been given a fair chance.

Let roll with these 5 STARTING & FINISHING games with at least 26 mins/nite each. We need to know what we have.

I have a feeling we will play more fun ball and actually close strong after starting 10 games slow.....

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think we should have gone to our Big-3 line-up and made Rudy Gay try to beat us.

Marvin was a wuss tonight offensively, and we needed Favors/Al or Al/Kanter to match up with their bigs.

Millsap could have played SF.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think Corbin wanted to run, but their transition defense and rebounding was too good.

Edit: They got 11 more FGA due to their rebounding.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by udflyer View Post
    Let's just committ to the youth to see who we should keep and who we should trade.

At this rate , we will finish 8th at best. With Youth , we will be 8-11. Not a big difference. Thing is , after you commit to youth, STICK with it.

Here are my starters:

1. Mo (relucatntly...hope we can trade Al for someone better)
    2. Burks
    3. Hayward
    4. Favors
    5. Kanter

At this rate all our young guns have been inconsistent. Some(Burks) have not been given a fair chance.

Let roll with these 5 STARTING & FINISHING games with at least 26 mins/nite each. We need to know what we have.

I have a feeling we will play more fun ball and actually close strong after starting 10 games slow.....

It's hard waiting for the future. We know a lot of these vets won't be here next year.

We also may ruin our relationship with Burks. Completely burying him on the end of the bench might be too much for him to get past.
    He might just move on when his time comes up.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    They made defensive adjustments at halftime. Tony Allen basically shut down Hayward. Gasol and Randolph did a good job on Jefferson. They gave open looks to Marvin Williams and Jamal Tinsley. The result: 10 pts. in the 3rd quarter. They carved us up.
    And that is when the coach is supposed to make offensive adjustments in the flow of the game to negate the defensive adjustments.