Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Would you like to see Big Al paired with Favors more?

Big Al is flat out lazy on defense too much. You have to see that dude. He watches people go to the rim, he's one of the worst pick n roll defenders, etc.
    I hope you can see that. He does have an offensive game. I just can't stand to see him and Sap play together so much, esp against elite top teams.
    Yeah, Al's weak on 'D', but I'm used to seeing Okur, Boozer, and even Millsap get run over, so I don't notice too much. There would have been no harm in giving Kanter more minutes tonight. He had good energy and was playing efficiently.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP View Post
    And that is when the coach is supposed to make offensive adjustments in the flow of the game to negate the defensive adjustments.
    Yeah, but our offense doesn't have much ability to adjust. Either we play through Al, or we speed up the game, swing the ball or make cuts. We don't have much offensive versatility. We have guys who can score only in certain spots and certain situations.

Edit: Al, Kanter and Hayward are the only guys we can isolate. Memphis shut down the first two, and Corbin shut down the third. Sometimes we can isolate Millsap, but its when he's going against a player with limited length and quickness, and when he's feeling it from mid-range.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    Yeah, Al's weak on 'D', but I'm used to seeing Okur, Boozer, and even Millsap get run over, so I don't notice too much. There would have been no harm in giving Kanter more minutes tonight. He had good energy and was playing efficiently.

Kanter looked good, especially in the 1st half. A few nice low post moves were impressive. He was really playing hard.

He really needs to focus on defense as well if he wants to be a starter for us somewhere down the line.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    Carroll only one who gave a damn
    WTF and whats with Kanter ?

----------------------------

Big AL was burned up by Corbin again, Kanter with a great start against Marc Gasol, but after that he gets only 4 minutes in the 2nd half of the game.

Enes Kanter on his last 9 games...

10 points on 59 percent shooting, 5 Rebounds and also with 80 percent freethrow shooting in 17 minutes per game. What can this 20 year old young guy do, to earn more minutes on an average NBA-Rooster ?
    Why they call him Big Al ? think of it...
    -----------------------------------------------------------

"In practice Iím going against a big great player like Al," Kanter said. "So, whenever Iím on the court with other big men itís much easier."

No Kanter ,but more AL

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Bottom line: Memphis is a good defensive team. Their defense on the perimeter is really good with Conley, Allen and Gay, and their defense inside is pretty good with Gasol and Randolph.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yeah, but our offense doesn't have much ability to adjust. Either we play through Al, or we speed up the game, swing the ball or make cuts. We don't have much offensive versatility. We have guys who can score only in certain spots and certain situations.

Edit: Al, Kanter and Hayward are the only guys we can isolate. Memphis shut down the first two, and Corbin shut down the third. Sometimes we can isolate Millsap, but its when he's going against a player with limited length and quickness, and when he's feeling it from mid-range.
    Yeah i was alluding to the fact that corbin didnt put kanter back in early enough.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    does anyone else only watch the 2nd quarter like i have started doing? it's great fun.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Memphis is a better team than we are. I don't think we're beating them anytime soon, unless our shooters go automatic.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Al led the team in scoring and rebounding, and he basically neutralized Marc Gasol. It wasn't a great game, but he had a better game than Mo, Foye, Hayward, Favors and arguably Millsap. So no, he doesn't deserve the blame for the loss.
    Kanter did a much better job of neutralizing Gasol than Jefferson did.

I'm done harping on Jefferson. We know what he does and we know that he will not change anything dramatically. My fight is with Corbin. Did Jefferson "earn" those 34 minutes that he played? I would say no. Kanter looked absolutely amazing out there in the very few minutes that he was given. Corbin needs to grow a pair and teach some lessons by benching guys when they are not giving their all to the team.

Tinsley looked terrible from the beginning. Corbin should have done something about that immediately. Corbin is the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm never making a game thread again.
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm glad I didn't watch this game - 10 points in the third quarter; watching that would be painful!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Newsflash: I don't think Randy Foye is really a starting SG on a contending team.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Newsflash: I don't think Randy Foye is really a starting SG on a contending team.
    News flash... I don't think Foye is a starting SG on the Wizards

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    One of the few things you have said tonight that I agree with.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    news flash... I don't think foye is a starting sg on the wizards
    haha!