Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 191 of 191
  1. #181
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,112
    Total Rep Points
    2425
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25
    Love the fact somebody is showing Marvin the Ronnie Brewer tapes. Nice cuts on the baseline from him. Now stop posting him altogether and stop running him off curls. The guy can't do those things or even dribble. Just stash him in the corner for 3's and run weak side stuff so he can either cut or shoot. He can be so good at those two things that nothing else matters.

  2. #182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,112
    Total Rep Points
    2425
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25
    Mo Williams needs to be a 2. I'm not sure we shouldn't try a Tinsley/Mo Will backcourt to start, even with Tinsley's deficiencies on defense, even after watching Tinsley shoot tonight. I think Mo would be an upgrade on Foye defending the 2, and he'd definitely contribute more to the offense from that spot. Would it offset Tinsley? I don't know. But I'm done with Mo/Foye.

  3. #183
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,853
    Total Rep Points
    4992
    Rep Adjustment Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Mo Williams needs to be a 2. I'm not sure we shouldn't try a Tinsley/Mo Will backcourt to start, even with Tinsley's deficiencies on defense, even after watching Tinsley shoot tonight. I think Mo would be an upgrade on Foye defending the 2, and he'd definitely contribute more to the offense from that spot. Would it offset Tinsley? I don't know. But I'm done with Mo/Foye.
    Unfortunately....

    And I can think of another duo we should consider breaking up.
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

  4. #184
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,726
    Total Rep Points
    16443
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Unfortunately....

    And I can think of another duo we should consider breaking up.
    Do tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  5. #185
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,853
    Total Rep Points
    4992
    Rep Adjustment Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Do tell.
    Corbin-Lowe
    Millsap-Jefferson
    ___#! Rudy Fan___
    [size/HUGE] RUDY [/size]

  6. #186
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,726
    Total Rep Points
    16443
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Corbin-Lowe
    Millsap-Jefferson
    I didn't see that first one coming but I can't say I disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  7. #187
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,112
    Total Rep Points
    2425
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Unfortunately....

    And I can think of another duo we should consider breaking up.
    Careful what you wish for. Our problems are not in the frontcourt.

  8. #188
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,461
    Total Rep Points
    749
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    The biggest problem we have on offense is we are not at all dynamic when the ball goes into the post. This is not just Al. It's Sap/Favors/Kanter. I have no idea what Ty is trying to run on post plays. The idea is to give the post man space to work, but to move without the ball. At least one player has to come on the post's side for an outlet. At least one player has to cut. We just run Iso's and rebound. And that's no matter who is in the post.
    You are right it is not just Al. But it is mostly Al. And it is largely an Al-based offense which kills the offense for the rest of the players. Corbin says we are an inside-out offense. I see the inside part, but since Slow Al has been here I have not seen the outside part. Why do the Jazz keep beating their heads against this wall, especially after having recently seen the light of the other side?

  9.  

     

  10. #189
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    13,726
    Total Rep Points
    16443
    Rep Adjustment Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    You are right it is not just Al. But it is mostly Al. And it is largely an Al-based offense which kills the offense for the rest of the players. Corbin says we are an inside-out offense. I see the inside part, but since Slow Al has been here I have not seen the outside part. Why do the Jazz keep beating their heads against this wall, especially after having recently seen the light of the other side?
    We are inside out when Jeffy is in the game. We are a perimeter team when Jeffy is on the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

  11. #190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,461
    Total Rep Points
    749
    Rep Adjustment Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    We are inside out when Jeffy is in the game. We are a perimeter team when Jeffy is on the bench.
    We are an inside team when Slow Al is in. There is no outside.

  12. #191
    Senior Member //r00t 4 Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,746
    Total Rep Points
    2241
    Rep Adjustment Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    We are an inside team when Slow Al is in. There is no outside.
    Not that I am fully disagreeing with what your saying about Al but have you seen how many 3pt attempts the Jazz have this year, let a lone compared to last year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •