Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I logged on the forum this morning to make this exact same post. It's very strange to me that everyone around the league (fans included) knows that Favors & Kanter both deserve more playing time. Why do the Jazz not realize this? Sure, Ty Corbin is ultimately responsible for how much PT these guys get every night, but Dennis Lindsey has to be watching these games and thinking it's time to trade Millsap or Jefferson, just so Corbin has to play Derrick and Enes more often. Kanter posts a positive +/- against Memphis, shoots perfect from the field and the line, and ends up with a team low 14 minutes. It's unfathomable to explain some of the rotation and coaching decisions from Ty.

It's a wild and grand conspiracy, but are the Jazz purposefully limiting Favors & Kanters minutes so they can resign them for $8-10 mil/year instead of $13-14? I highly doubt it, but there is no other logical explanation for what is going on. The fact that Hayward has played about 30 minutes a game for a year or two pretty much kills the idea, but he also plays at a position where we are relatively thin on talent.

I just have an awful feeling that we are going to alienate the future face(s) of our franchise if they don't see much playing time during their rookie deal. The Jazz front office seems to be content miring in mediocrity.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here's a telling statistic for this season: the highest +/- for a 4 player combination on the Jazz this year is Tinsley, Carroll, Hayward and Kanter who have posted a collective +51 this season. By comparison, Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka & Sefolosha have posted a +55.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Plan? One of the things that really kill me is for a team not going to win a championship we have Willams, older, and oldest at PG. Please explain whey we have not taken a chance on a young guy. Remember somebody named Matthews who was undrafted.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by IBProfane View Post
    Here's a telling statistic for this season: the highest +/- for a 4 player combination on the Jazz this year is Tinsley, Carroll, Hayward and Kanter who have posted a collective +51 this season. By comparison, Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka & Sefolosha have posted a +55.
    Great find. It tells a lot indeed.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I logged on the forum this morning to make this exact same post. It's very strange to me that everyone around the league (fans included) knows that Favors & Kanter both deserve more playing time. Why do the Jazz not realize this? Sure, Ty Corbin is ultimately responsible for how much PT these guys get every night, but Dennis Lindsey has to be watching these games and thinking it's time to trade Millsap or Jefferson, just so Corbin has to play Derrick and Enes more often. Kanter posts a positive +/- against Memphis, shoots perfect from the field and the line, and ends up with a team low 14 minutes. It's unfathomable to explain some of the rotation and coaching decisions from Ty.

It's a wild and grand conspiracy, but are the Jazz purposefully limiting Favors & Kanters minutes so they can resign them for $8-10 mil/year instead of $13-14? I highly doubt it, but there is no other logical explanation for what is going on. The fact that Hayward has played about 30 minutes a game for a year or two pretty much kills the idea, but he also plays at a position where we are relatively thin on talent.

I just have an awful feeling that we are going to alienate the future face(s) of our franchise if they don't see much playing time during their rookie deal. The Jazz front office seems to be content miring in mediocrity.
    You dare question Corbin the great. None of us here on Jazzfanz have the right to argue with a coach that has a losing all time record. Who do you think you are?
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NCJazz View Post
    Plan? One of the things that really kill me is for a team not going to win a championship we have Willams, older, and oldest at PG. Please explain whey we have not taken a chance on a young guy. Remember somebody named Matthews who was undrafted.
    Yes, but if the jazz got a young undrafted guy and he started to play well at pg, KOC would tell Ty to bench him so that KOC wouldn't haven't have to pay him alot of money to keep him.

KOC is protecting the organization from another Mathews situation. Play aged veterans on one year contracts.
    X LIKE XENOPUS.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If the Tinsley/Carroll/Hayward/Kanter combo was going up against other teams starting units this would be a great comparison. Unfortunately this just shows that our bench is stronger than the other teams' which we already know.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    "The plan" is Milsap and Jeff as tradebait.

I do think the coach adn the front office are in full cahoots. It makes sense to me.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by dipship31 View Post
    If the Tinsley/Carroll/Hayward/Kanter combo was going up against other teams starting units this would be a great comparison. Unfortunately this just shows that our bench is stronger than the other teams' which we already know.
    +1

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It boils down to this.

Over the next three years, what is the games won if
    If Jazz play PM, AJ as primary bigs for all three years:

If Jazz play PM AJ as primary bigs until trade deadline, win the risk and get an 'excellent fit' starter in return:

If Jazz play EK, DF as primary bigs from this moment forward?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I know there isn't any conspiracy where the GM controls players' minutes directly.
    But maybe there is some element to KOC giving Tyrone certain veteran players (Foye, Jefferson, Milsap, Marvin) to limit the time that the young 4 see on the floor. Kind of an indirect method to raise trade value of players you don't want for the future and decrease contract value of players you do want for the future.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The plan is to win some games, don't take too many risks, and get to the playoffs. Getting into the playoffs and selling enough tickets to be profitable is a successful season. If we win some playoff games nice. If not, meh, as long as we're churning out a profit.

It's pretty obvious what the plan is. We've seen it many times before.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    I know there isn't any conspiracy where the GM controls players' minutes directly.
    But maybe there is some element to KOC giving Tyrone certain veteran players (Foye, Jefferson, Milsap, Marvin) to limit the time that the young 4 see on the floor. Kind of an indirect method to raise trade value of players you don't want for the future and decrease contract value of players you do want for the future.

Hopefully this is the method to the madness.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    The plan is to win some games, don't take too many risks, and get to the playoffs. Getting into the playoffs and selling enough tickets to be profitable is a successful season. If we win some playoff games nice. If not, meh, as long as we're churning out a profit.

It's pretty obvious what the plan is. We've seen it many times before.

More likely this is the actual method to the madness.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    too few words that tells everything

David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."