Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

My thoughts on Enes Kanter so far this season.

Not sure.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif qm.gif (43 Bytes, 133 views)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Enes is the man was eating them up last night

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He is showing a lot of promise. I am excited. He is up and down as you would expect for a young guy. I think its safe to say he isnt a bust.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Still getting blocked at too high of a rate inside (18%), but liking everything else.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He and Favors would be perfect combo, they are completing each other. One is a great post defender, other one is a great help defender. Kanter got low post moves, Favors got post up moves. Both great rebounders, both got quick feets. One got power of an ox other one has great ahletic ability. In overall one is better deffensively, other one better at offensive end. They're like coffee and milk, gin and tonique, this is a match made in heaven. So i cant wait to see them getting starter minutes.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    He and Favors would be perfect combo, they are completing each other. One is a great post defender, other one is a great help defender. Kanter got low post moves, Favors got post up moves. Both great rebounders, both got quick feets. One got power of an ox other one has great ahletic ability. In overall one is better deffensively, other one better at offensive end. They're like coffee and milk, gin and tonique, this is a match made in heaven. So i cant wait to see them getting starter minutes.
    Damn, you stopped at the climax. I was getting an ******.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekate View Post
    Damn, you stopped at the climax. I was getting an ******.
    ... meanwhile Tarkanian goes for his ****** cigarette....

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz4ever View Post
    Still getting blocked at too high of a rate inside (18%), but liking everything else.
    That's because for some reason he always ends up behind the hoop after he makes his move in the post, which increases his likelyhood of getting blocked. It causes him to have to reach out with someone behind him to easily block his shot.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    That's because for some reason he always ends up behind the hoop after he makes his move in the post, which increases his likelyhood of getting blocked. It causes him to have to reach out with someone behind him to easily block his shot.
    One good thing i have noticed is that it seems like when this scenario occurs (getting stuck under the hoop) lately he has done a better job of creating space with his size and strength to avoid the block.

It still happens but it seems like it happens less than last year and the first part of this year..... i think he is figuring this problem out little by little. (he seems like a fast learner and is sooo young)

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He has been spinning baseline quite a lot which puts him in that position. Its one of his better moves actually, he just needs to realize when to hit Gordon in the corner for three if the D collapses on him.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    I wouldn't call Favor's post up attempts, "moves"
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It's more that he uses the same move every night. up and under or spinning baseline, so the defense can easily predict what he is going to do.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    I wouldn't call Favor's post up attempts, "moves"
    Lately he is better. He got quicker feets than most big men and he is gonna get better.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/23w8x2w.jpg
    MOVE! MOVE!..

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    It's more that he uses the same move every night. up and under or spinning baseline, so the defense can easily predict what he is going to do.

What do expect him to do spin like a ballerina? He's improved his footwork, and post moves since he's been here. Most big man have a few moves they go do, and they stick with them.
    The fact is he is scoring, and they are becoming more effective. He does need to pass out of the post more. I can't understand why Big Al or Kanter can't learn how deadly they could
    become if they were good low post passers.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    it would be one of the biggest fails in the sports history if jazz trades one of them.

about the thread; all that kanter needs is higher basketball iq even though he shows decent sings of having it. he needs to percept the teammates on the floor much more clear, he needs to act out of instincts, he needs to count on his reflexes. he is not a slow guy, but he rotates his body slower (that sounded gay did it not?) than its potential because of his overthinking of not making a mistake.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."