Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Japan Swings To The Right

http://www.chron.com/news/world/arti...an-4122222.php

The right wing party win the election in a landslide and is back in power. One of their stances is being tougher on China.

Japan had recently scrambled 8 F15s in response to Chinese surveillance plane over those contested islands.

In response:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/world-...e1-972474.aspx

China tells its army to be ready for regional war.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Depends on how you describe right. Military, yes. Economically they're much closer to our left.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Depends on how you describe right. Military, yes. Economically they're much closer to our left.
    Yes I was talking militarily. A stronger Japan in that sense I good for America in my opinion.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm undecided. Ammending Article 9 means another country with offensive nuclear capability. That scares China & will raise tension. I love the progress China has been making and don't want to see that reversed.

The best path to peace is being trading partners economically dependent on each other. Japan and China do a lot of trade already.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't get why Democrats are viewed by repubs/conservatives in this country as being soft in defense or too anti-war. Was FDR a repub? Kennedy? LBJ? Clinton? Obama? Who began sending combat troops into Vietnam? Who authorized the use of Agent Orange? What was Rolling Thunder all about? Who kicked Osama's ass?

I don't get it.
    Lakers Suck.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    I don't get it.
    Admittance is the first step to recovery.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I love the progress China has been making and don't want to see that reversed.
    Curious... what progress has China made? Besides not blindly backing North Korea?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyjace View Post
    Curious... what progress has China made? Besides not blindly backing North Korea?
    They have raised millions out of poverty. They have made great economic strides.

On a side note, China's foreign policy is great for America. Pushes Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Phillipines and Australia even closer to the US.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyjace View Post
    Depends on how you want to look at it. I read parts of their CASS article today talking about how they've shrunk consumption:GDP significantly while almost doubling tax as a % of GDP. Also, people keep pointing to the weakening of the Renmimbi but don't understand it has actually strenghtened in real returns when accounting for output increases. The way I see it, all this talk about pulling their people up is garbage. It's more a function of overall human advancement while a shrinking percentage of that growth actually gets to the people, even though they are becoming more prosperous overall.
    With that said, I like their integration into the world economy and community. The key to toppling N. Korea will be China. There's no reason not to continue becoming more friendly and them more dependent on trade with the G7, Euro, & Australia.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Depends on how you want to look at it. I read parts of their CASS article today talking about how they've shrunk consumption:GDP significantly while almost doubling tax as a % of GDP. Also, people keep pointing to the weakening of the Renmimbi but don't understand it has actually strenghtened in real returns when accounting for output increases. The way I see it, all this talk about pulling their people up is garbage. It's more a function of overall human advancement while a shrinking percentage of that growth actually gets to the people, even though they are becoming more prosperous overall.
    With that said, I like their integration into the world economy and community. The key to toppling N. Korea will be China. There's no reason not to continue becoming more friendly and them more dependent on trade with the G7, Euro, & Australia.
    On whose part. China be more friendly? I agree.

If you mean everyone else then no I disagree. their stance on the south CHina sea is particularly agressive and has put them at odds with Vietnam, Japan, Phillipines, Singapore, Malaysia...China is trying to bully their way to power. All that stance is doing is hemming them in more on that front.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    On whose part. China be more friendly? I agree.

If you mean everyone else then no I disagree. their stance on the south CHina sea is particularly agressive and has put them at odds with Vietnam, Japan, Phillipines, Singapore, Malaysia...China is trying to bully their way to power. All that stance is doing is hemming them in more on that front.
    Pretty much. It takes both sides though. You'll notice it in our saber rattling on currency manipulation but not actually doing anything about it.

I don't know if I agree with your very Western stance on China the agressor though. Two sides to that story. I've read there are groups on those disputed islands who consider themselves Chinese and others who consider themselves Japanese. Personally, I don't get this "my family's land" sentimentality -- take a buyout and move wherever else you want -- but a lot of people are wired this way and it has to be considered in negotiations.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Pretty much. It takes both sides though. You'll notice it in our saber rattling on currency manipulation but not actually doing anything about it.

I don't know if I agree with your very Western stance on China the agressor though. Two sides to that story. I've read there are groups on those disputed islands who consider themselves Chinese and others who consider themselves Japanese. Personally, I don't get this "my family's land" sentimentality -- take a buyout and move wherever else you want -- but a lot of people are wired this way and it has to be considered in negotiations.
    You are correct their are two sides to every story. However when the majority of countries within the South China sea all have the same problem with China then perhaps the basis of that problem is China.

The problem is that militarily if we back off we leave our allies out to hang. Most of our attempts at a concilitory tone would have to be made diplomatically and economically.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    You are correct their are two sides to every story. However when the majority of countries within the South China sea all have the same problem with China then perhaps the basis of that problem is China.

The problem is that militarily if we back off we leave our allies out to hang. Most of our attempts at a concilitory tone would have to be made diplomatically and economically.
    I don't know nearly enough about the region to argue about it -- I'm all ears. Honestly, every time I read about the antics in this part of the world I laugh too much to take them seriously. Indian and Chinese troops sneaking behind enemy lines into what's really a glorified neutral zone, dropping a few empty packs of cigarettes to punk the other guys, then getting busy retaliating by firing a few shots at each other in the air is pretty serious stuff.
    No Mediocrity

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't know nearly enough about the region to argue about it -- I'm all ears. Honestly, every time I read about the antics in this part of the world I laugh too much to take them seriously. Indian and Chinese troops sneaking behind enemy lines into what's really a glorified neutral zone, dropping a few empty packs of cigarettes to punk the other guys, then getting busy retaliating by firing a few shots at each other in the air is pretty serious stuff.

China is basically claiming the entire south china sea as their property. This has led ships and planes chasing each other from China, Vietnam, Japan and the Phillipines as the most notable cases. Heated rhetoric, especially against Japan, about not interfering in Chinese business or territory.
    There are numerous articles thru Google News and RealClearWorld about the subject. T hey are written by sources from japan, America, China, Australia, South Korea...

Vietnam, Japan and the Phillipines are especially interested in increased ties, economically and militarily, to America as a result.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It is regretable that it takes a bully to forge ties for America. We should be making friends in Asia and Africa on our own.
    #BelieveInLindsey