Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

The potential of our Favors-Kanter frontcourt? A couple of questions

Lets assume the Jazz front office trades Al and Mo for an upgrade at the point. And lets assume they trade Millsap for a good backup big and a draft pick ( Or something lol, doesn't really matter)

Do they need a pass first pg to reach their full potential?

Is Kanter much more suited to being a first scoring option than Favors?

Does Favors have the abilty to be a Tyson Chandler/Kg level defensive anchor?

What does Favors do that makes him a better option than Millsap going forward?

What does Millsap still do better than Favors?

What does Kanter do that makes him a better option than Jefferson going forward?

What does Jefferson still do better than Kanter?

Do they have abilty to reach the production of Z-Bo and Gasol?

I already know where I stand on these two, but what do you guys think?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Purch View Post
    Lets assume the Jazz front office trades Al and Mo for an upgrade at the point. And lets assume they trade Millsap for a good backup big and a draft pick ( Or something lol, doesn't really matter)

Do they need a pass first pg to reach their full potential? Yes

Is Kanter much more suited to being a first scoring option than Favors? Honestly at this point I say yes

Does Favors have the abilty to be a Tyson Chandler/Kg level defensive anchor? Tyson yes, KG no

What does Favors do that makes him a better option than Millsap going forward? Rebound, protect the paint, man-to-man defense

What does Millsap still do better than Favors? Score and can work in a structured offense.

What does Kanter do that makes him a better option than Jefferson going forward? Rebound, man-to-man defense, gets fouled

What does Jefferson still do better than Kanter? Score

Do they have abilty to reach the production of Z-Bo and Gasol? Doubt it.

My thoughts

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Purch View Post

Do they need a pass first pg to reach their full potential?

Is Kanter much more suited to being a first scoring option than Favors?

Does Favors have the abilty to be a Tyson Chandler/Kg level defensive anchor?

What does Favors do that makes him a better option than Millsap going forward?

What does Millsap still do better than Favors?

What does Kanter do that makes him a better option than Jefferson going forward?

What does Jefferson still do better than Kanter?

Do they have abilty to reach the production of Z-Bo and Gasol?

Quite simply it's addition by subtraction. By losing Al and Millsap, it creates more ball movement, making it harder to defend our offense, and we all know Hayward is much better when those two are on the bench. Most important to me is this.... How in the hell are we supposed to win consistently and be contenders when we can't get stops in the 4th quarter??? Because We all know Al and sap are going to be the ones finishing the game. This team has already proven it can score without Al to the tune of over 130 points. Also don't forget, if we do trade them or let them expire, we will be adding other pieces to this team. Millsap and Al might be better scorers, but they offer no defense what so ever, and don't be foolish in thinking there aren't other options that would shine more with those two gone, I'm talking more diversity. With Al and Millsap gone I see a team that can run other teams off the court. I see a scrappy defensive team that creates offense with it's defense.

Yes, we're losing two good scorers, but gaining an offense, and a better defense, and become a better team!

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    time for facts. u won't get any more increase in contribution from these two unless u start them. it has to come to a conclusion, u have to give the baby its name before the season ends.
    David Locke: "Because what happens in this league is, people start shooting threes and they get soft and donít want contact and then they just stay out there all the time. Youíre not going to get soft, are you?"
    Enes Kanter: "I kind of live in the paint, man. Come on. I wonít get soft. Donít worry about that."

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    A stat that can't be ignored now that Trade Season is fully underway: Utah ranks No. 23 in defensive efficiency and allows 106 points per 100 possessions when vets Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap anchor the frontcourt. When it's anchored by Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter?Just 95.3 points.

From ESPN Power Rankings.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    A stat that can't be ignored now that Trade Season is fully underway: Utah ranks No. 23 in defensive efficiency and allows 106 points per 100 possessions when vets Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap anchor the frontcourt. When it's anchored by Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter?Just 95.3 points.

Great find and post.

That's a pretty huge number considering the amount of games the Jazz have lost by 9 or less.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post

This is where lunatic, kennykyle, or franklin come in and say "but that is only because favors and kanter play against back ups".

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    This is where lunatic, kennykyle, or franklin come in and say "but that is only because favors and kanter play against back ups".
    Probably. But they fail to realize that all most of us want is to see what our most promising front court players can do when they go up against starters. Most bet that it would be just as good as the no defense playing players that they are stuck behind.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    Probably. But they fail to realize that all most of us want is to see what our most promising front court players can do when they go up against starters. Most bet that it would be just as good as the no defense playing players that they are stuck behind.
    Sure, it'd be better.

And our offensive production would fall off a cliff.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Sure, it'd be better.

And our offensive production would fall off a cliff.

Oh definately since kanter is shooting 55 percent from the field, gets to the line more and is a better offensive rebounder.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I do think Favs and Kanter have the potential to pass Z-Bo and Gasol, but it's not very likely.
    On one hand, Favors is the best defender of the 4. On the other, Marc Gasol is one of the best passing centers in the NBA and he's above 7ft.
    The best thing about Favors and Kanter is that they both run the floor hard and initiate contact. This is why they have the potential to pass Memphis' bigs.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Oh definately since kanter is shooting 55 percent from the field, gets to the line more and is a better offensive rebounder.
    Meanwhile, Kanter has a worse defensive rebound percentage (what we are really struggling with right now), a 10 point lower offensive rating, and turns the ball over at more than double the rate of Al.

Favors is shooting 44%, has a 8 point lower offensive rating than Paul, and has no offensive moves to speak of.

Not to mention they both get the **** blocked out of them.

Playing the youngins isn't the cure-all you guys claim it to be.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I do think our half court offense would get a little worse, but the improvement on the defensive side would provide more transition opportunities.

Also i think that favors and kanter would draw more fouls which would get the other team in the penalty more often and therefore get more free throws for the team as a whole.

I think those 2 things might make up for the offense we would lose..... and we get the benefit of our young guys improving faster and much better defense.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Meanwhile, Kanter has a worse defensive rebound percentage (what we are really struggling with right now), a 10 point lower offensive rating, and turns the ball over at more than double the rate of Al.

Favors is shooting 44%, has a 8 point lower offensive rating than Paul, and has no offensive moves to speak of.

Not to mention they both get the **** blocked out of them.

Playing the youngins isn't the cure-all you guys claim it to be.
    You might be right that it isn't the cure-all.... most of us would like to find out if it is or isn't though.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    a record of 6-1 without jefferson has to mean something though, right?