Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    I am for capable, responsible citizens being armed. However, it is really difficult to determine who is responsible and capable. (Note: I am very responsible and capable. All of the rest of your are questionable. )

It probably is reasonable to have some tighter checks guns to control who has them. IMO violent convicts and the seriously mentally ill should not have them. It probably is reasonable to force gun owners to have a way to lock them up.

By removing all guns from society you probably could reduce the rate of murders. But would you increase the assaults, rapes, etc.? A gun is an equalizer between petite 90 pound woman and 350 pound ex-NFL lineman.

This isn't a simple choice.

IMO if someone is really hellbent on creating a massacre, there are many ways to do so. Firebombing, pipe-bomb etc. are fairly easy to make. Or for that matter a knife or sword is a very deadly weapon. Or a bow or crossbow for that matter.

Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    Huh?
    It is a metaphor about Al Jefferson. Think deeply.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    there ya go.
    Mostly good. Except a few things.

Last year Jefferson was one of the most efficient post players in the league. His FG% to start is low, as it seems to always be, but it picks up as the season goes on.

Removing Al won't magically create ball movement. We had a 15 page discussion on this after the Toronto game. Go read it if you want to know why.

Memphis is one of the best defensive teams in the league. They put the clamps down on our offense, outhustled us. They made our wings work to cut, and our bigs work to set screens, and we gave up, AS A TEAM, trying to run the offense. This was the same whether Al, Kanter, or Favors had the ball in the post. Memphis shut down our ball movement, not Al.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Mostly good. Except a few things.

Last year Jefferson was one of the most efficient post players in the league. His FG% to start is low, as it seems to always be, but it picks up as the season goes on.

Removing Al won't magically create ball movement. We had a 15 page discussion on this after the Toronto game. Go read it if you want to know why.

Memphis is one of the best defensive teams in the league. They put the clamps down on our offense, outhustled us. They made our wings work to cut, and our bigs work to set screens, and we gave up, AS A TEAM, trying to run the offense. This was the same whether Al, Kanter, or Favors had the ball in the post. Memphis shut down our ball movement, not Al.
    I was at the memphis game.... best quarter was quarter number 2 when mostly backups were in, also that was when the crowd was the most engaged.

The jazz bench gave us an 11 point lead at the half.... then the 3rd quarter our starters got destroyed. Game over

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    I was at the memphis game.... best quarter was quarter number 2 when mostly backups were in, also that was when the crowd was the most engaged.

The jazz bench gave us an 11 point lead at the half.... then the 3rd quarter our starters got destroyed. Game over
    Sure, sure.

Our bench had a nice 9-2 run against Bayless/Ellington/Pondexter/Speights/Gasol at the start of the 2nd.

Then our Starters came in and capped it off with a 10-2 run and a 6-1 run against their starters.

2nd half they locked down our offense. Our starters gave up the lead, and at the end of the third our bench gave up a 14-2 run against their starters.

Our bench had a mini run at the start of the 4th, after which they immediately crushed us with a 6-0 run and held steady till the end.

Funny how your memory deceives you

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Removing Al won't magically create ball movement.
    Except that is has, and it will.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    Except that is has, and it will.
    Answer this for me

Was Z-Bo a black hole in Portland?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Answer this for me

To be honest that has beyond nothing to do with this situation or Big Al.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    To be honest that has beyond nothing to do with this situation or Big Al.
    Actually it does. He was traded away in 07 as a supposed black hole. Now he is in Memphis, and I haven't heard him called that since.

Was Z-Bo the black hole? Or was it that Sergio Rodriguez, Martell Webster, Darius Miles, and Juan Dixon were all terrible players, with poor IQ that didn't move much.

We NEED Gordon, Foye, Mo, Marvin, to move without the ball when Al is in the post. When they lack hustle, or are downright lazy, that's on them, not Al.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Answer this for me

A couple of years ago he was. Now they are using Gasol and Conley much more efficiently. That means decreased touches for ZBo as well as a different role.

ZBo changed his game and he is now the second leading rebounder in the NBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
    So I was very mad about the game, but I wasn't going to vent here, because you guys all feel the same way. However, Ty's postgame interview got my blood boiling. On why he let Trey and Gordon play while having bad games, "You gotta let them battle through it because that's what you gotta do." Really are you kidding me. You have to balls to say that when you pulled Alec after 16 minutes against LAC and Kanter got 19 minutes toinght?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    A couple of years ago he was. Now they are using Gasol and Conley much more efficiently. That means decreased touches for ZBo as well as a different role.

ZBo changed his game and he is now the second leading rebounder in the NBA.
    This season for Memphis he is 2nd in shot attempts at 14 a game.

Heck Jefferson even averages nearly double the assists of randolph.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There is so much more to the ZBo-Portland story it isn't even funny.

But hey, y'all, it ****ing straight-up relevant because some Lunatic says so.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    There is so much more to the ZBo-Portland story it isn't even funny.

But hey, y'all, it ****ing straight-up relevant because some Lunatic says so.
    Are all your 4500 posts this serious?

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    Maybe. But you're assuming massive offensive development from both Favors and Kanter in a very short period of time. One of those two guys has to be able to score reliably in the post unless Dwayne Wade is relocating. Because nobody on our roster at the 1-2-3 is a number one option, and we're not getting one by trading Al or Sap.

I've got no problem with taking a step back to start to start Favors/Kanter, but in that specific scenario, BOTH Al and Sap should be dealt so we can get maximum chips/players to build around that. Problem is: that's really risky.
    I hear you, but I don't think the productive cliff is as steep as you do.

Also, I know Burks is a talented and interesting prospect... and that his perpetual DNPs are this season's #1
    tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    Does it make any difference that Al has been the least efficient post scorer among the Jazz's 4 bigs (all of whom get a pretty big chunk of their shots out of postups) this season?
    I was gonna ask this, but it has become your responsibility to continually ask this question to the open air.

Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Like hell he is. Lunatic has much right to post here as you, I or anyone else does.
    it isn't about his "rights" Mr. Fair&Balanced. It's about my Grandma's preference that he stay away. Like Grandma, like grandson.