Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Rep Level
    Actually Lunatic's reference is relevant. Because the way Al's being talked about at a younger age reflects the same way Z-Bo was being talked about until he had a team that maximized his abilities. Good point/

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Purch View Post
    Actually Lunatic's reference is relevant. Because the way Al's being talked about at a younger age reflects the same way Z-Bo was being talked about until he had a team that maximized his abilities. Good point/
    Unless he is advocating that Big Al get traded, as happened to Z-Bo, then I really don't see as how it applies.

Big Al isn't Zbo. They wont be the exact same player. Utah isn't Portland or Memphis.
    #BelieveInLindsey

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Unless he is advocating that Big Al get traded, as happened to Z-Bo, then I really don't see as how it applies.

Big Al isn't Zbo. They wont be the exact same player. Utah isn't Portland or Memphis.
    I think seeing how Memphis' offense has ball movement regardless of whether or not Z-Bo stops the ball, is a big difference between how we play when Jefferson stops the ball.

I think what he's advocating for is that not all the blame should be on Jefferson but also a coaching staff that hasn't changed the way our players move when the ball is in his hands in the post. On Memphis when Z-Bo stops the ball, players are always cutting and always moving. The thing is Z-Bo doesn't get assist, but this allows him to read the defense, anticipate double teams, and make his work much easier.

Rep Level
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    Sure, it'd be better.

And our offensive production would fall off a cliff.
    Maybe in the short run. In the long run this team would finally be able to discover what they still need when one or both of the inadequate starters we currently have are gone. And maybe even move one of them for the pieces we are missing.

But your right lets hold the status quo with the same boring/pathetic rotations and no growth for the future. Keep playing them until they leave this off season or we give Millsap 80M for 5 years or Jefferson that same amount. Then just discover next year if we have anything with the young guys. That should just about set us up to lose one or both of them to a huge market with a huge overpriced offer for a still sort of unproven therefore probably not worth it too us offer.
    Welcome aboard Snyder, Exum and Hood. Here is to hoping this season is more entertaining than the last 3.

Rep Level
    When Big Al has been out over the past two years I've loved the way this team has looked.

Bring it on. Of course we'll lose things. You Big Al apologists always talk in extremes.
    Big Al isn't a horrible player, but as our main focus he will never get it done. At least not with our
    roster, and coaching staff.
    "Hayward can be a #1?"......"Maybe if he goes down to Fort Wayne...DLeague" -ESPN